Today's Car: '67 Chevrolet Camaro SS

Need for Speed Undercover News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Today's Car: '67 Chevrolet Camaro SS

Post by Bojan »

Image Image

$38,000, RWD, 325HP, 410 lbs/tq, Top Speed: 121mph
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: Today's Car: '67 Chevrolet Camaro SS

Post by Hydro_PT »

YES! My personal car list is now complete with this beautiful Camaro SS! :mrgreen:

Thank you EA for the Carrera GT, Camaro SS, Nissan Skyline R-34, Shelby GT500 "Eleanor" and BMW M3 (hopefully with the GTR kit like in MW - the paintjob I will do with the paiting system, just like I did in ProStreet).

:D :D :D
TheNoobofFerraris
Professional
Professional

Post by TheNoobofFerraris »

I like that the Camaro is in Undercover simply because I couldn't drive it full-time in Most Wanted.
Seems like this website is a ghost town. No longer worth a visit or anyone's time.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Hmm, the Car Lot isn't even updated it.

There's a Camaro SS in Undercover. That's all that needs to be said. :wink:
2fast4all
Drift King
Drift King

Post by 2fast4all »

cool paint job, nice car
TONTO89
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by TONTO89 »

Hydro_PT wrote:YES! My personal car list is now complete with this beautiful Camaro SS! :mrgreen:

Thank you EA for the Carrera GT, Camaro SS, Nissan Skyline R-34, Shelby GT500 "Eleanor" and BMW M3 (hopefully with the GTR kit like in MW - the paintjob I will do with the paiting system, just like I did in ProStreet).

:D :D :D
lol thats a very diverse list, but a good one

I love the Camaro a lot. great car. almost has the exact same paint job as the camaro I used to start NFS Carbon hahaha
which reminds me, they totally need to go back to hoods with blowers for the classic muscle cars. hahaha that was such a bomb addition to the customization features.
I doubt almost completely they will show up in undercover tho.... :cry:
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

TONTO89 wrote:lol thats a very diverse list, but a good one

I love the Camaro a lot. great car. almost has the exact same paint job as the camaro I used to start NFS Carbon hahaha
which reminds me, they totally need to go back to hoods with blowers for the classic muscle cars. hahaha that was such a bomb addition to the customization features.
I doubt almost completely they will show up in undercover tho.... :cry:
Hehe yeah. One exotic, one tuner, two american muscle and one... hmm let's call it sports car :mrgreen:. I went "crazy" when I discovered that the Black Edition of Most Wanted had a Camaro SS on it! Really, escaping the cops with a car like that is just outstanding! I tried and tried and tried again to put that car on the carreer, and finally I was able to do so. Too bad you couldn't tune it (only rims and vinyls) but it was great nonetheless. In Carbon it was my first choice. It was funny: one of my friends choose the Brera "cause it is exotic". The other choose the RX-8 "cause it was a cool tuning car". I choose the Camaro SS "cause it was a hell of a powerful car"! :mrgreen:

The hoods on Carbon were amazing... I don't know why they cut them off of ProStreet <_<.
TONTO89
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by TONTO89 »

Hydro_PT wrote:
Hehe yeah. One exotic, one tuner, two american muscle and one... hmm let's call it sports car :mrgreen:. I went "crazy" when I discovered that the Black Edition of Most Wanted had a Camaro SS on it! Really, escaping the cops with a car like that is just outstanding! I tried and tried and tried again to put that car on the carreer, and finally I was able to do so. Too bad you couldn't tune it (only rims and vinyls) but it was great nonetheless. In Carbon it was my first choice. It was funny: one of my friends choose the Brera "cause it is exotic". The other choose the RX-8 "cause it was a cool tuning car". I choose the Camaro SS "cause it was a hell of a powerful car"! :mrgreen:

The hoods on Carbon were amazing... I don't know why they cut them off of ProStreet <_<.
I'm assuming you mean the BMW when you say "sports car" thats a good one. I never really knew which catagory to put BMW and Audi in. Coz they aren't really tuner cars coz they're pretty good stock. but they deffinitly aren't exotics or muscle cars. lol I started a career in every class on carbon.
and yeah they deffinitly need those hoods back coz those totally made the game for me haha (not really but I liked them alot) I'm sure they'd look badass on a chevelle.
the_lonely_lion
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by the_lonely_lion »

you shore its reveled cos the try city car lot has not been updated
ps great car =D> =D>
lion is my name racing is my game
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

TONTO89 wrote: I'm assuming you mean the BMW when you say "sports car" thats a good one. I never really knew which catagory to put BMW and Audi in. Coz they aren't really tuner cars coz they're pretty good stock. but they deffinitly aren't exotics or muscle cars. lol I started a career in every class on carbon.
and yeah they deffinitly need those hoods back coz those totally made the game for me haha (not really but I liked them alot) I'm sure they'd look badass on a chevelle.
Yep, I called it sports car because it doesn't really fit in any other category... just like Audi :).

I also started every carrer on Carbon with a different car. But the Camaro SS was my very first choice for the first carrer :P. Just escaping with it on the start (when you have those 3 cop cars aftar all the intro movies) was amazing!

If someday I enter to the NFS development team, I'll put those hoods back. You have my promess :mrgreen:.
Stingray24
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Stingray24 »

Sweet, but I'd like the 69 better tbh.
Cpt.Razkit
Professional
Professional

Post by Cpt.Razkit »

I'm really happy this car is in the game. =D>
TONTO89
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by TONTO89 »

Hydro_PT wrote:
Yep, I called it sports car because it doesn't really fit in any other category... just like Audi :).

I also started every carrer on Carbon with a different car. But the Camaro SS was my very first choice for the first carrer :P. Just escaping with it on the start (when you have those 3 cop cars aftar all the intro movies) was amazing!

If someday I enter to the NFS development team, I'll put those hoods back. You have my promess :mrgreen:.
lol I started my first carreer on carbon with the camaro, which is real strange coz I'm much more of a fan of european cars (not necessarily exotics) haha

ah that would be so rad if we could even just persuede them to bring back the cool hoods for the next installment lol
FrankieGthang
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by FrankieGthang »

nice car i love it but my wish list is already completed :mrgreen:
bluestreak908
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by bluestreak908 »

yeah the hoods were sick
i think the s5 is cool but i wish audi had come out with the rs5 so we could have that instead
dont u guys wish there were more old-school exotics like ferrari dino and lambo miura?
it would be kinda fun to race a gt500 vs. a miura or a dino vs. a camaro
am i the only one who likes these cars???
TUNERS ROCK!!!
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

This car is utterly futile in the past few games. I doubt anything is ever gonna change. 121MPH is pathetic.
the_lonely_lion
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by the_lonely_lion »

Andre_online wrote:This car is utterly futile in the past few games. I doubt anything is ever gonna change. 121MPH is pathetic.
Andre_online why the hell do you have to complain ever time thay add a car you dont like #-o #-o i mean come on its just a freaken game STOP COMPLAINING
lion is my name racing is my game
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

Andre_online wrote:This car is utterly futile in the past few games. I doubt anything is ever gonna change. 121MPH is pathetic.
What do you expect? It's an old-fashioned muscle car.
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
macca_2092
Ricer
Ricer

Post by macca_2092 »

Well what do you expect? Back in the days when these were mainly around, they were some of the fastest cars around. Give them some credit, otherwise u'd never have your modern V8's in cars like the Koneinsegg (lol i can spell :lol: ) :D :D
hang on... how fast did you say i went again officer??
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

The presence of this car is less about its performance than its iconic nature, similar to any classic muscle car present in any racing game that also features newer, faster cars side by side.

Just like some people would like to see a classic Ferrari in NFS simply because of the fact that it's a classic Ferrari and not because of its performance.
the_lonely_lion wrote:Andre_online why the hell do you have to complain ever time thay add a car you dont like #-o #-o i mean come on its just a freaken game STOP COMPLAINING
He has a right to complain. This is an open forum with no rules against people complaining, as long as their complaining doesn't become whiny or defamatory, or starts flame wars.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Nice addition. They're mean as. Shame the performance is lame... sif we can't do engine swaps.
elie8
Drift King
Drift King

Post by elie8 »

Pure american muscle :D but what's with the lame performance !!!! :( :?
What Comes Around, Goes Around ...
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

elie8 wrote:Pure american muscle :D but what's wit the lame performance !!!! :( :?
Actually, that's the stock performance of one of the trim levels of the Camaro SS (5.7 L). You've got to realize that these classic American cars just didn't have the power to go super fast in their stock form.

Although EA did get the torque and horsepower wrong for the 5.7 L. Interesting...
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Power figures look good, but the top speed is dodge coz of the gearing'
TONTO89
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by TONTO89 »

the top speed is low because classic muscle cars are built for low end power
muscle car engines produce the most power in the lower revs allowing for very quick acceleration. unfortunately because of this they sacrifice top speed.
some cars are more balanced so they have quick acceleration and pretty high top speed
while other cars are built for high rev power which means increased top speed but it takes longer to get there.
so thats why in its stock form the chevy SS camaro doesn't have an impressive top speed

and bluestreak I agree with you on the miura but not so much the dino lol

Return to “News”