Gametrailers Undercover Video Review

Need for Speed Undercover News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
the_lonely_lion
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: Gametrailers Undercover Video Review

Post by the_lonely_lion »

can i just say if you are a true need for speed fan you will buy the game no matter what the stupid Review says. it does not matter if he likes it or not and personally i dont give a shiznit what he says :lol: to me it looks like a great game 8) and i will pay for it even if they rate it 1.0 =D> i will still buy it cos its need for speed :D :D
lion is my name racing is my game
TheNoobofFerraris
Professional
Professional

Post by TheNoobofFerraris »

I've played Nfs games since the start of the Franchise, and even I am very hesitant to get Undercover. Very.
Seems like this website is a ghost town. No longer worth a visit or anyone's time.
ianism
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ianism »

i've been playing NFS games for a long time (since ummm 1997ish). to be honest, they have really dropped off in my opinion since hot pursuit 2 (PS2 version is still amazing, if dated) and then most wanted which was good but not nearly as good as i expected (the undergrounds i didnt like that much, esp the second). Carbon i still haven't bothered to buy. ProStreet i bought for PS2 relatively recently and thought it was better than everyone said, although not exactly great. the PS2 version looks kind of terrible and is VERY hard to control at high speeds for some reason. i played it a bit on xbox 360 and it was WAY easier.

anyways, now undercover is out and to be honest i was pretty excited, if a little sceptical of the hero driving system, which looked kind of useless. now... i think i will buy it for PS2 in a couple months, mainly because the McLaren F1 is in it. and the graphics look ok actually in the 3 pics i've seen. also i would get the collector's edition but i think its going to be download-only which is a terrible idea. firetruck it, maybe i'll get carbon too and try to see which one is shiznit hahahha

and to the guy who was saying reviews are opinion, you're totally wrong: no they're not. [-X if a game is very easy, it IS easy. people aren't that varied in driving skill, esp people on this site i would think. if it had serious graphical weirdnesses, then there is no way around that, it just DOES. if there is no point in driving around the city other than to mess around for no reason... exactly. if the story that was hyped so much is badly acted, stupid and threadbare, then there is not much wiggle-room there - have you seen the clips? they look firetruck (i'm sorry but i can't think of a more suitable word) retarded!
i have nothing more to add
GINIX_2007
Professional
Professional

Post by GINIX_2007 »

Well played the game today and i must say.................it sucks:(
1. Crappy performance! i don't have the fastest PC in the world but i can play most every game on the market at max spec, but this thing they call undercover chugs along like molasses.
2.Its down right ugly!!! even with everything crancked up it still looks bad! shadows are heavily pixelated and constantly pop into view not to mention the surrounding environment also pop into view like some old 90s 3D video game. Plus whats up with this nasty yellow tint! if you think the visual treatment in NFS MW was bad wait til u see this one.
3. The controls are well too kiddie. I think EA was trying to make the game more accessible to casual gamers but now its just too easy.

To cut it short the game just seems unfinished:( I am currently fighting my way through it so if u guys got any questions feel free to ask.

EDIT: How could i forget the horrible engine sounds!!

Return to “News”