Undercover Reviews Part 1

Need for Speed Undercover News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Undercover Reviews Part 1

Post by Bojan »

1UP - 80%
PSX Extreme - 80%
TeamXbox - 80%
Daily Game - 78%
GameZone - 70%
Totally360 - 70%
Gameplayer - 65%
Videogamer - 60%
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Re: Undercover Reviews Part 1

Post by 2furio »

Are you trying to skew Undercover's image by not posting the bad reviews? :P

By the way, 1UP gave the game a "B" which is more like a 75%. An "A-" would be 80%.
elie8
Drift King
Drift King

Post by elie8 »

Well If u ask me :

elie8 : 90% :D :mrgreen: =D> :P :P =P~ =P~ 8) :twisted: :wink: !!!!!!!!
What Comes Around, Goes Around ...
TheNoobofFerraris
Professional
Professional

Post by TheNoobofFerraris »

elie8 wrote:Well If u ask me :

elie8 : 90% :D :mrgreen: =D> :P :P =P~ =P~ 8) :twisted: :wink: !!!!!!!!

](*,) To save myself from flaming.
Seems like this website is a ghost town. No longer worth a visit or anyone's time.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

2furio wrote:Are you trying to skew Undercover's image by not posting the bad reviews? :P
The title says Part 1. Maybe this is only the first half of the reviews, the good ones. :lol:
korge
kostis1993
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by kostis1993 »

Good or bad, these reviews are giving me some hope for sure!!!
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

I think there's a conspiracy going on. Bojan is being paid by EA to make Undercover look like a good game and say only nice things about it.
DriftingFan
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by DriftingFan »

i'm still getting the game regardless the reviews
"Fuel burning fast on an empty tank." Cake, The Distance

PSN ID: DriftingFan
kostis1993
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by kostis1993 »

I don't care what Bojan does. The good part is that some people rated this game high. I've also read the bad reviews(and first of all the 4.0 from ign) but now I see that things are not too bad. I don't know if the bad reviews will be posted but it's good to know there are reviewers telling the game has some solid elements. That's all from me! :)

And hope EA will release a patch for the frame rate problems. And another question. All these guys writing the reviews probably had also previewed the game and played it for 2+ hours. Then why didn't they say at the preview that the gps is not good or that Highway Battle is too easy? The say they want to play the full game to be sure but some bad parts of undercover were visible from the demo. The only one(and most important) mentioned was the frame rate but they hoped it would be fixed(and were wrong).
Last edited by kostis1993 on 19 Nov 2008, 23:07, edited 1 time in total.
elie8
Drift King
Drift King

Post by elie8 »

TheNoobOfFerraries : U can flame all you want :P :P but i'll still like undercover a lot !! :mrgreen: :wink:
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

Have you even played the game? Or are you living in imaginationland?
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

IGN's review was already posted in a news article on monday. Average rating atm for the 360 version is 66%.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Bojan wrote:IGN's review was already posted in a news article on monday. Average rating atm for the 360 version is 66%.
There is the reality of it.
korge
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

well ... if they manage to actually fix the framerate problem, i think all ratings will go up up and WAAAYYY up...

that's one of the MAIN reasons the game's been rated so low imho
elie8
Drift King
Drift King

Post by elie8 »

PSZeta: Of course i have played the game !! didn't u read my previous posts !! :)
FnF
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by FnF »

Aswell these scores are still opinions about the writers that wrote it and played the game... :)
You shouldn't take over their opinion, but you should put it togheter with your own thoughts and then make the (probable) conclusion that you'll have about the game, if it's good buy it if it isn't then don't :wink:

Well that's the way to handle those reviews (IMO!).. so people don't take these reviews to critical.. they're still other people's opinions :!:

Myself.. I think I'll be getting the game.. but not in a hurry... I haven't quite made up my mind yet, I can't find myself in the heavy critic reviews and neither in the (more) positive ones #-o

But HF and enjoy Undercover all :mrgreen:
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

IMO, I'd give it about an 85%. It's definitely a repeat of the older games, but I can't see much that they lied about this time...
(This score is actually great because, no matter how long you make the production cycle (longer the better, though,) you will never be able to get a true hit out of a yearly release, that's pretty much the end of it. There could always be a few occasional golden stars, but don't count on it. The reason for this is simply that, not only are people used to the product, but they also have soooo many games from past years that it doesn't really matter as much if they have this one new one.)

Plus I max it out @ 1680x1050 on an 8600GT. :mrgreen:
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Then you are content with paying over $50 for a game that you have already played? :?
korge
elie8
Drift King
Drift King

Post by elie8 »

@ Korge : if it deserves every cent of the 50+$, then yes i'll definetly buy it, and that is the case of Undercover !! :mrgreen: =D> :wink: :twisted: :lol: 8) :D :) // Believe that !! :wink:
kostis1993
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by kostis1993 »

Carcrazy wrote:IMO, I'd give it about an 85%. It's definitely a repeat of the older games, but I can't see much that they lied about this time...
(This score is actually great because, no matter how long you make the production cycle (longer the better, though,) you will never be able to get a true hit out of a yearly release, that's pretty much the end of it. There could always be a few occasional golden stars, but don't count on it. The reason for this is simply that, not only are people used to the product, but they also have soooo many games from past years that it doesn't really matter as much if they have this one new one.)

Plus I max it out @ 1680x1050 on an 8600GT. :mrgreen:
8600? I have this card too!!! I want it =D> !! And opinion is something personal. For example I have Bully for PC. Most reviews say it's a bad port, full of bugs and frame rate problems but I don't have a single problem! OK, the graphics are not maxed(shadows off), but the frame rate is stable most of the times and the graphics are still good. I enjoy the game a lot even if it crap(this is what the reviews say)
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

You max out on an 8600gt? :shock:
korge
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

FnF wrote:Aswell these scores are still opinions about the writers that wrote it and played the game... :)
You shouldn't take over their opinion, but you should put it togheter with your own thoughts and then make the (probable) conclusion that you'll have about the game, if it's good buy it if it isn't then don't :wink:

Well that's the way to handle those reviews (IMO!).. so people don't take these reviews to critical.. they're still other people's opinions :!:

Myself.. I think I'll be getting the game.. but not in a hurry... I haven't quite made up my mind yet, I can't find myself in the heavy critic reviews and neither in the (more) positive ones #-o

But HF and enjoy Undercover all :mrgreen:
=D>

THANK YOU! That's EXACTLY what I said in the GameTrailers Review Topic.
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

80% = B+

But from what I gather... Stay away on PC3 and see if it will even work on your PC.
bluestreak908
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by bluestreak908 »

2furio wrote:Are you trying to skew Undercover's image by not posting the bad reviews? :P

By the way, 1UP gave the game a "B" which is more like a 75%. An "A-" would be 80%.
if they gave the game a B then that is 84-87%, and an A- is 90-93%

at least that's how the grades work in my school and pretty much everywhere else i think...
TUNERS ROCK!!!
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

bluestreak908 wrote:

if they gave the game a B then that is 84-87%, and an A- is 90-93%

at least that's how the grades work in my school and pretty much everywhere else i think...
Maybe in America. Then again, America was always weird about everything. :P It would make sense then since 1UP is an American website.

Return to “News”