NFSPS Demo now on XBL !!

Need for Speed ProStreet News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: NFSPS Demo now on XBL !!

Post by YaelDjiel »

Tyrant wrote:
Driv2Slow wrote:
Abrams wrote:Grr....who needs Xbox, give us PC demo lol.
For real... everything seems to be console or X 360 first -.- :roll:
Obvious because the earnings are higher on the consoles. There's a lot of piracy on PC.
amen abrams/d2s

@tyrant.. you obviously have no idea how much piracy there is on consoles :roll:
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

not very much compared to the pc's.
Johnny_Yuan
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Johnny_Yuan »

a friend of mine posted 21 pics on my site.

take a look here: http://www.needforspeed.cn/news/read.php?nid=110

this aint ad :D
maniksdi
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by maniksdi »

ravenGT n RaceInvader . . thnx for your descriptions, now I can rest and wait for the PC demo . . . . . . . . HELL NO! . . . . . . . bring it out already :lol: . . agree with the piracy part . . but what to do? . . none of the stores in my country will sell original software, where as pirated stuff are free and available everywhere . . . I dont mind buying gr8 games like this1 . . but I need to find it first . . :roll:
RavenGT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by RavenGT »

|Xx.EVO.xX| wrote:ravenGT n RaceInvader . . thnx for your descriptions, now I can rest and wait for the PC demo . . . . . . . . HELL NO! . . . . . . . bring it out already :lol: . . agree with the piracy part . . but what to do? . . none of the stores in my country will sell original software, where as pirated stuff are free and available everywhere . . . I dont mind buying gr8 games like this1 . . but I need to find it first . . :roll:
If your country doesn't sell genuine software (I somehow doubt this somehow), then should I bring to your attention that EA had jumped on the digital distribution wagon. What does this mean for you? Buy ProStreet from their site with your money on Paypal or credit card, and you can download the full game from their site. You're set.

Edit--Link: http://eastore.ea.com/servlet/Controlle ... D=80736900 Hit pre-order, set up payment, whatever.
maniksdi
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by maniksdi »

RavenGT wrote:
|Xx.EVO.xX| wrote:ravenGT n RaceInvader . . thnx for your descriptions, now I can rest and wait for the PC demo . . . . . . . . HELL NO! . . . . . . . bring it out already :lol: . . agree with the piracy part . . but what to do? . . none of the stores in my country will sell original software, where as pirated stuff are free and available everywhere . . . I dont mind buying gr8 games like this1 . . but I need to find it first . . :roll:
If your country doesn't sell genuine software (I somehow doubt this somehow), then should I bring to your attention that EA had jumped on the digital distribution wagon. What does this mean for you? Buy ProStreet from their site with your money on Paypal or credit card, and you can download the full game from their site. You're set.

Edit--Link: http://eastore.ea.com/servlet/Controlle ... D=80736900 Hit pre-order, set up payment, whatever.
Thats the problem my friend . . with my net speed of 12KB/sec . . it will take ages to download 8.1 GB . . and not to mention all the errors that can happen in the secure line . . . . but why bother so far . . even if I want to do that while paying for it . . I have to select my VISA card . . but guess what you dont have Bangladesh in the country list . . whoa XD . . . . it's true . . you cant find original software here . . only virus shields are original sometimes . . nothing else . . .
spike_minoda
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by spike_minoda »

My country is just like Evo , they do sell some legal software/games , but very few of them. The rest is just pirated stuff . In the past , i have to ask my friend to order my games from other countries, but now there's a store here which sell alot of EA games, i hope there's gonna be more games from other publishers.

Btw the X360/PC stuff is simple , X360's hardware is good enough for now , it's easier to develope for , coz every X360 is almost the same ,no compatibility maddness like they have to do on PC . And the simple truth that PC market is shrinking, next gen console like X360 is getting better and better. So that's not really the privacy issue on PC either. EA is a bad company , lazy and want easy money , more money , so X360/PS3 is the way to go right now, that's why their recent product on PC like MW/Carbon really sucked compare to the X360 version, just wait until PC raise again....

My demo thought: It was very short , i dont like the grip race , nothing so excited about it. Speed challenge is great , lots of fun , and hard too. Car handling is now very different , i think it's okay but sucked sometimes , like when u hit the handbrake , your cars always gonna make a 360 , believe me , even on low speed, if u hit handbrake , consider u're screwed , basically i think it's a little harder than PGR3/4 (arcade games) and alot easier than Forza/GT (simulation games) i'm disappointed since EA promise a realistic handling. Graphics was okay , but i can hardly see any motion blur (while in the promotion pics , u see per-pixel motion blur every where), Overall look is not that great either, i just..... dont like the environment for some reason. Smoke effect is cool but compare to one of the first trailer/footage , it's uglier. Lag at some place , like the tunnel on grip race. Game music is Really REALLY BAD. Anyway , that's just my own opinion on it , let's wait for the full game.
Zero260
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zero260 »

Best parts: The smoke, the sounds, the sense of speed, the damage, the sounds, and the sounds.

Not so great parts: WAY too easy. Beat both modes on King first or second try (Probably because the cars are way good, it will be tougher when our car is the underdog). There's no "look around the car" buttons (I wanna see that smoke go around the wheel wells!).

It was a decent taste of the game, but I think the full game will be much, much better.

WWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAH (ZZZZZHHHHOOOOEEEEEEEEEEE) PSSSSSH!!!!! [/car sound]
maniksdi
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by maniksdi »

Zero260 wrote:Best parts: The smoke, the sounds, the sense of speed, the damage, the sounds, and the sounds.

Not so great parts: WAY too easy. Beat both modes on King first or second try (Probably because the cars are way good, it will be tougher when our car is the underdog). There's no "look around the car" buttons (I wanna see that smoke go around the wheel wells!).

It was a decent taste of the game, but I think the full game will be much, much better.

WWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAH (ZZZZZHHHHOOOOEEEEEEEEEEE) PSSSSSH!!!!! [/car sound]
very motivating :D . . now . . did you try the grip race?
krazyammo
Professional
Professional

Post by krazyammo »

didn't Ea say the AI were going to be harder and somewhat more intelligent?
Zero260
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zero260 »

I dunno what EA said, but they aren't hard. And they don't get out of your way if you're trying to pass them (at least from what I noriced). And when you tap them, or hit them, they'll brake... It's annoying. But I was messing around with them and they do try and avoid slow/stopped cars. If I sat in the middle of the road, they would go around without hitting me (usually). And as far is I could tell, there is no "rubber band" effect... If I got ahead, I would stay ahead. I also noticed their smoke and damage is not as detailed as the player's car. Also, they are hard to spin out or perform a "PIT maneuver", almost impossible, which is alright I guess, but it's fun to do when you're messing around.

Dang, I guess I wrote a novel about the AI... So there you go. :P
carbon13
Ricer
Ricer

Post by carbon13 »

The default difficulty of the demo is Casual, which provides significant assists and lowers overall opponent difficulty. We also gave you an awesome car to drive! In the game you'll be able to set your level of assists on a deeper level and you'll find some of the races to be considerably more challenging!
Zero260
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zero260 »

That's what I figured. Good to hear, carbon13. Thanks.
Glopaticki
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Glopaticki »

The PC demo will be available in early November and the PS3 one in mid-November. Need for Speed: ProStreet will hit the store shelves on November 14th, for Xbox 360, PS3, PC, Wii, PS2, DS, PSP and mobile.
If this is true, then i see no point in getting the demo, i pretty confident my PC will run it well and i guess i could hold on those last couple days aswell. As for the PS3 users i say dunt bother downloading it, if ur into it get it and don't waste ur time. But i guess there is no harm in downloading the demo aswell.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

I played the demo for a few minutes have to say... It's short, really short.
the speed race, was just to easy, I crashed once because I wasn't paying attention at all.
It was like 2 times steering and the rest of it just floor it. and you are sure to win.

The normal race was more challenging.
It looked nice but nothing super special, luckely no overdone shiny stuff like in several previous NFS games.
But I still wonder why they have to have those loads of inflateble teddybears (or what ever they are) they sometimes give the game a very kiddy look... :?

BTW am I the only one who thinks the smoke isn't very realistic. I think it's over done, and to dark to be tyre smoke. but he...

Over all not a bad demo, but if you think it will keep you busy for more then a few minutes, forget it.
Zero260
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zero260 »

Couldn't agree with you more, Stig. I think the smoke looks good when doing a burn out, but when you look back at it, or the smoke from the other cars, it is too dark. And the inflatables are annoying and childish in my opinion...

And like you said, I really like that there is no exaggerated flashy stuff. Also, I like that there's no implied lines whizzing by when you're going fast. Instead, to give you that sense of speed, the screen shakes more and more the faster you go. Which is a lot cooler in my opinion.

Return to “News”