Car List Part III

Need for Speed ProStreet News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Glopaticki
Drift King
Drift King

Re: Car List Part III

Post by Glopaticki »

TheStig wrote:I wouldn't be suprised if EA messed up again like in Carbon and make the R8 way faster then it actually is.. cause it's not a hypercar. it's a just a pretty fast V8 sportscar.
Even Audi said that it was made to be not as fast as a Lamborghini cause they own the brand and they are not going to make a car that is faster then their prestige brand.
The R8 would be a nice add but as long as it isn't one of the 8 supercars cause it isn't a supercar.
Although it may not have the power of a supercar, it certainly is up there. On TG they got the R8 around their track in 124.4, now thats faster then both the Gallardo and Gallardo Spyder, and the only cars that are above it include the likes of the Enzo, LP640, Ford GT, Zonda, Koenigsegg, and Carrera GT, just to name a few.

I have to agree it is no hypercar, but EA would probably put it as one, which then one wonders if they do include it as a supercar, then they'll leave the doors open for the Viper, Z06, Porsche 911 to be included which really leaves no room for actual supercars such as the Zonda, Ford GT, LP640, Carrera GT and maybe Ferraris.
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

I don't think you'll need any room for Ferrari. I doubt it's gonna make the game. And why would the Dodge Viper and Corvette take priority of Lamborghinis and Porsches? If anything, the Viper and Corvette would just be considered muscles.
Glopaticki
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Glopaticki »

So your saying a Corvette isn't a supercar? What makes it a muscle car then? A big V8? RS4 has a pretty big V8 and thats ain't considered a muscle car. Maybe just american cars are called muscle cars cause no one wants to call one a supercar. I'm calling a Viper and Corvette supercars because
a) They have fairly high performance figures
b) Fairly good handling, i dunno bout the Viper but the Corvette is pretty good.

But then again everyone has different views on what car should fits each catergory. The Stig thinks the R8 isn't a supercar, whereas i do. I also think a Corvette is a supercar, but your saying its a muscle. Its all down to personal taste. Some think the Nissan GTR is a supercar, whereas i think its another japanese tuner.

But i think this may end up a bit off topic...i dunno
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

Well to be honest, I don't think most cars don't fit in one category. And a Z06 may be debatable but a C6 is definitely a muscle car. Also, technically the Corvette is considered a "Hatchback" which isn't the typical body style of a supercar.

As for the Nissan Skyline GT-R, I'd say it fits into the supercar category (at least the prototype currently being tested) since it's been stated that it's attempting to lap the Porsche Carrera GT on the Nurburgring.
Glopaticki
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Glopaticki »

Prototype? You mean the production model, don't you? And the GTR i think is aimed at the 911 Turbo, but i think the GT2 will give it a run for its money.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

I do admit that the R8 is a good car, and a high performance sportscar, and it is pretty exclusive
I do also admit that it would fit with cars like the Gallardo and lower spec Ferrari's and Porsches (911 series)
But going around a track as fast as a high end supercar does not make you a supercar, the EVO8 MR FQ400 manages to keep up with a Murciélago on the TG track, but it's not a supercar :lol:

Everything is debateble, but I have to admit you are pretty much right.
shadow665
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by shadow665 »

hey if u want a super car go for the saleen s7 twinturbo made in the good old usa
and yeah if u want a good handling car u want the r8
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

@ Glopaticki: No, they aren't in production yet so it's still a prototype. The correct term would be "test mules" but I don't think we need to get that exact. There will definitely be differences in the production model. And yes, I do agree with you about the Turbo/GT2 thing.

@ TheStig: You have a point, but I think it's safe to compare supercars to normal cars mainly through the "base" model of each. The basic Lancer Evo 8 is definitely a tuner but the base R8 comes standard with some supercar-like features. And considering that the R8 shares quite a few major components (transmission, chassis) with the Lamborghini Gallardo, I'd say it's safe to call it at least a top-of-the-line luxury European sports car. And if Audi does go through with creating a 6.0 L V12 TDI engine as an option for the R8, that should be sufficient enough to consider it pretty super (and environmentally friendly for a car like that). :)
Glopaticki
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Glopaticki »

Porsche-AG wrote:@ Glopaticki: No, they aren't in production yet so it's still a prototype. The correct term would be "test mules" but I don't think we need to get that exact. There will definitely be differences in the production model. And yes, I do agree with you about the Turbo/GT2 thing.
They've already showcased the GTR at the Tokyo Motor Show and car magazines have already driven it, so it has to be the production version. I know it hasn't been released to the public yet, but thats the final version thats out now, with the V-spec coming later. The PROTO was the Prototype, and the ones that had the camouflage on the front and rear would in my opinion be considered a test mule.

Return to “News”