NFSPS PC Demo Out !!

Need for Speed ProStreet News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Re: NFSPS PC Demo Out !!

Post by peterfaj »

Yay, the demo works for me now. Still lags a very little bit and I'm afraid to change gfx settings, because it will prolly lag again.
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

lol, wasnt at home for past 10 days, gonna dl now. :D
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

spykid33 wrote:I have an X1300 PRO and had the same issues until I used the http://www.omegadrivers.net/.
Thanks for the link, I'll be sure to give it a try since I have nothing to lose but a little bit of time. I'll let you know if it works.
Nocturne
Stock
Stock

Post by Nocturne »

|Xx.EVO.xX| wrote:ppl using nvidia cards . . . good news . . one of my friend is using a somewhat low end PC and his GPU is the FX 5700 256MB . . after installing the driver (which he said came out with prostreet and call of duty 4) . . he ran prostreet with no lag at lowest details . . speed challenge was slow, but playable . . . . so, if you have everything matching the system req, you need a minimum of FX 5700 with the latest driver . . I am sure there are plenty of cards you guys are using that are way better that the 5700 :wink: . . . . and for ati cards . . . the 9700pro runs the grip race smoothly, but major lag at speed challenge, I used the latest omega driver

What does that omega driver do? I had the same results you did (grip race smooth, speed race major lag) but I had special drivers for overclocking installed in my 9800XT.
maniksdi
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by maniksdi »

omega drivers are made from several versions of the original drivers . . the guy doing this also checks the options within the drivers for optimum performance in terms of gaming . . I highly recommend omega drivers for older ATI cards . . cause the original driver for my 9700pro does not work :S . . . . . better wait for the full version . . maybe the lag in speed challenge will be fixed . . or maybe there are more graphics options to turn off :?
Gene7
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Gene7 »

uhhh...another question lol. Will a PCI-e card fit into a normal PCI slot? its probably a no but i just want to comfirm, thanks.
spykid33
Ricer
Ricer

Post by spykid33 »

Sorry, no PCI-E is a totally different sized slot and is not compatiable with PCI.
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

imo, Vista is all source of performance troubles with demo.

WinXP SP2, E6600 @ stock, X1650XT 512Mb @ stock, 1Gb DDR II 800, mid-range res, cant remember, just after unexpected PC re-format, but above 1024x768. Runs smooth, without any slow downs.
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

Wow, congratulations on reviving an 8 month old topic with such a quality post. :roll:

Return to “News”