NFSPS PC Demo Out !!

Need for Speed ProStreet News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Gene7
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: NFSPS PC Demo Out !!

Post by Gene7 »

|Xx.EVO.xX| wrote:which processor are you using? . . does it support MMX? . . . a very rare case . .; does your graphics card support shader level 2? . . . . why don't you provide your full specs . . will take a look
i might upload my full specs later, but right now i think its because of my graphics card. its ati radeon 9200 series, which isnt supported.
maniksdi
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by maniksdi »

yeah . . thats the case . . the 9200 does not support shader level 2 . . you need at least a 9700pro . . . even that one doe not run the game smoothly :shock:
shengfeng
Ricer
Ricer

Post by shengfeng »

I don't even want to play the demo right now, its so lag. I'm so jealous of you people who can play smoothly at max settings :lol: I have to set them all at off or low

I have Pentium D Processor 925 3Ghz
512MB PC4200 DDR2 RAM
Nvidia Geforce 7300LE
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

This demo is weird, sometimes it runs nicely, sometimes it lags as hell (most of the time it lags) if the game runs nicely, at some point (if not before or while the first race, then at the end) it will get laggy and will not run nicely again. I have to reboot to make it nice and 50% of the time it's laggy as soon as I start the game.
Any ideas? I know my PC can run it, but the demo is weird.
maniksdi
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by maniksdi »

I have had that lag problem too . . . I think it's the demo . . I kept it minimized for an hour playing The Witcher . . when I got back . . the game lagged badly and then ended with a 'dont send' error . . . . . a bug for sure
RVD
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RVD »

|Xx.EVO.xX| wrote:yeah . . thats the case . . the 9200 does not support shader level 2 . . you need at least a 9700pro . . . even that one doe not run the game smoothly :shock:
eehrr, my 9600 XT runs it (Don't ask how, but.... it can run it.... :wink: )
Who found out you can get milk from a cow, and what the hell was he doing at the moment?
hardboy9933
Stock
Stock

Post by hardboy9933 »

I'm playing it on high with anti-aliasining on 8x.
My specs are:
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
Asus EN8600GT
2 gig Kingston valueram @ dual channal PC5300
Gene7
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Gene7 »

|Xx.EVO.xX| wrote:yeah . . thats the case . . the 9200 does not support shader level 2 . . you need at least a 9700pro . . . even that one doe not run the game smoothly :shock:
ok, so whats a good graphics card that will run it smoothly and perfectly? maybe like one that is on the top of the list of best cards.

EDIT: the slot i have is PCI
Last edited by Gene7 on 07 Nov 2007, 01:28, edited 1 time in total.
woohoo123
Ricer
Ricer

Post by woohoo123 »

aww im like the only one using geforce 7500LE( yes its bad) and on VISTA!!! just horrible...
maniksdi
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by maniksdi »

best card? . . nvidia's 8800 Ultra . . but the price is off the hook . . 8800GTx is more popular . . best to suit your PCIe Slot . . make sure you have a PSU to support that unit . . these cards will run prostreet like water :P
r3actor
Stock
Stock

Post by r3actor »

What about 8600GT ? Is that ok with this game ?
SLJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by SLJ »

is it true that there is a code for the demo already?
i search and saw it http://www.nfsplanet.com/en/nfsps/cheats/
ahmad0410
Professional
Professional

Post by ahmad0410 »

SLJ wrote:is it true that there is a code for the demo already?
i search and saw it http://www.nfsplanet.com/en/nfsps/cheats/
That's for the full release.
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

how could there be cheats already... :roll:
maniksdi
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by maniksdi »

codes are for exclusive users . . hope some1 can crack them in time :P . . . the 8600 is also good enough to play prostreet btw
Rampage
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Rampage »

I wouldn't recommend the 8600's. They are really not much of a step up from the high end 7 series. I would definetly go with an 8800. If you plan on doing any other gaming then just NFSPS then the 8800 is for you. 8600 really is not a very good card, IMO its a cheap way to get DX10. I will be ordering an 8800GTS soon.
dss2186s
Ricer
Ricer

Post by dss2186s »

how do u find out what your frame rate is
Glopaticki
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Glopaticki »

FRAPS i think
Gene7
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Gene7 »

what about the XFX - NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT Graphics Card? because im on a low budget here lol, i asked my cousin and he said this is a pretty good card. will it be able to run Pro Street? and i only mainly play nfs games.
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

That will definitely run ProStreet, most likely quite well at medium and maybe even high settings. I'm using a stupid NVIDIA GeForce 6150 Go (Laptop version) which is the bare minimum and I can run ProStreet with absolutely no settings on like 640 x 480 resolution without any lag.
maniksdi
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by maniksdi »

ppl using nvidia cards . . . good news . . one of my friend is using a somewhat low end PC and his GPU is the FX 5700 256MB . . after installing the driver (which he said came out with prostreet and call of duty 4) . . he ran prostreet with no lag at lowest details . . speed challenge was slow, but playable . . . . so, if you have everything matching the system req, you need a minimum of FX 5700 with the latest driver . . I am sure there are plenty of cards you guys are using that are way better that the 5700 :wink: . . . . and for ati cards . . . the 9700pro runs the grip race smoothly, but major lag at speed challenge, I used the latest omega driver
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

God damn it, I wish I could use my god damn X1300Pro but ProStreet always crashes to desktop with a stupid error message whenever I start a race.
spykid33
Ricer
Ricer

Post by spykid33 »

I have an X1300 PRO and had the same issues until I used the http://www.omegadrivers.net/.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

Rampage wrote:I wouldn't recommend the 8600's. They are really not much of a step up from the high end 7 series. I would definetly go with an 8800. If you plan on doing any other gaming then just NFSPS then the 8800 is for you. 8600 really is not a very good card, IMO its a cheap way to get DX10. I will be ordering an 8800GTS soon.
Having DX10 there compared to a 7 series is a GREAT advantage IMHO. Stock they suck, BUT with OVERCLOCK they fly....maybe you aren't used to that kind of things... :?

Just OC a 8600 and let it be, still runs so damn awesome...I tested it, no kidding. OBVIOUSLY a 8800 series are way tooo coool!!!!! They're expensive and High-End video cards, things that ppl like us that we have to pay rents, for food, gas, gf's (lol), and so on we can't afford directly one of those. Maybe you have $, that's cool :D

Xturbo.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

clikky wrote:Ive downloaded it and installed it but while it is loading up it crashes to the windows :evil: ](*,) :shock:
I got the same problem as you when running in my other computer. Any suggestions to fix this?

Return to “News”