NFSPS PC Demo Out !!

Need for Speed ProStreet News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Rampage
Ricer
Ricer

Re: NFSPS PC Demo Out !!

Post by Rampage »

Does anyone else use a game pad for this game? I was excited to use my logitech dualstick game pad but im not sure whats wrong. It played like I was pushing the arrow keys, it wouldnt turn unless I had the stick all the way to the left or right and the point of using a game pad is the exact opposite, so I can gradually turn the car instead of having to turn it sharp even on little corners, so far I hate this game because my computer should run it fine, it runs Crysis perfect, MW on highest settings perfect, and Carbon perfect on highest, yet I have this game on the HIGHEST POSSIBLE SETTINGS and the game looks like garbage and runs horrid. I hope these are just little demo glitches :evil:
battleram
Ricer
Ricer

Post by battleram »

Rampage wrote:Does anyone else use a game pad for this game? I was excited to use my logitech dualstick game pad but im not sure whats wrong. It played like I was pushing the arrow keys, it wouldnt turn unless I had the stick all the way to the left or right and the point of using a game pad is the exact opposite, so I can gradually turn the car instead of having to turn it sharp even on little corners
I have a similar problem with my Logitech MOMO raceingwheel, the throttle and brake peadals only respond when they'r nearly floored so I can't even get off the starting grid decently. Plus there's nearly no force feedback at all.
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

Nice laptop... I just figured out why I can't find any info on mine at acer.com, and why only Best Buy has it...

It's Chinese. (And I don't mean made in China, although it is, it was made to be used in China.) :lol:
Gene7
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Gene7 »

|Xx.EVO.xX| wrote:
Gene7 wrote: everything works fine lol, but the video. I cant see or tell anything. i meet all the system reqs except that i have 2.6 processor and not 2.8. i think its just like a corrupt file or something, but i dont know. still have hope though :)
the file is ok if it installed in your system . . . processor has nothing to do with that problem either . . . . . . try the latest driver for your graphics card . . usually solves that problem :P
i tried the lastest driver too, still the same problem. nothing changed
maniksdi
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by maniksdi »

which processor are you using? . . does it support MMX? . . . a very rare case . .; does your graphics card support shader level 2? . . . . why don't you provide your full specs . . will take a look
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

I just noticed something in the Readme. Inadequate paging file space can cause lags in the game. Make sure your paging file is set to 1.5 times your total system RAM. See if that helps.
maniksdi
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by maniksdi »

My Review on the Demo:

Speed Race reminded me of nfs2 and grip reminded me of nfs4 . . two of my most favorite nfs games . . . . thank goodness the awful chrome effect all over the car is gone . . they look picture perfect and real . . very satisfied with the graphics . . sound is fine . . don’t have the ear to notice much difference with the engines . . and the plastic girls does not look out of the picture . . I’d like it more if the camera was free with the mouse all the time . . anyway . . speed challenge was rather challenging in King mode, cause the car gets wobbly at high speeds . . . grip is much easier . . the gameplay is definitely better and tougher than carbon and the annoying motion blur has been limited . . nothing is overdone, yet everything is detailed . . . . after a long time I liked circuit races

Now the bad parts . . . . the rate of damage inflicted on the cars varies with game difficulty(some1 confirm me on this1) . . in speed challenge, the m3 was a bit too wobbly, I donno what’s gonna happen with the muscles . . . you cannot go out of tracks, if you try, will eventually hit an invisible wall on the side of the track . . the environment lacks objects, I wanted to see more monumental/landmark type objects around the tracks . . cant blame that I guess . . real tracks :P . . . . . . . but the demo was too short . . can we get an immediate update to unlock the AI cars for ourselves? :D

Anyway . . the reflection detail got my attention on this one . . they are finely done :P
Full Picture

Overall . . I am really looking forward to the full version . . finally, a nfs with good gameplay, decent graphics and professional tuning . . . dint have that since Porsche (nfs5) IMO

edit: Some ingame shots with my gts at 1280x1024 res and all set to max/on:
M3 up high:
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd32 ... i/m3-2.jpg
GTR smoke:
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd32 ... /gtr-1.jpg
M3 NOS/slight motion blur:
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd32 ... i/m3-3.jpg
GTR view:
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd32 ... /gtr-2.jpg
Clean green:
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd32 ... i/cuda.jpg

n ladies n gentlemen . . I proudly present the first ever discovered/captured from motion GLITCH in prostreet . . . . . exclusive in nfsunlimited only XD:
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd32 ... efined.jpg

. . speed challenge gets easier on practice . . . . I must say . . . cant think of any racing game that can match prostreet for the ingame graphics, specially in the Nevada desert :shock: . . . I love it!
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

Quite an accurate review, Evo. And I'm in great admiration of your graphics :shock: What are your specs?
maniksdi
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by maniksdi »

I'm using my new XFX 8800GTS . . this baby is doing all the magic . . my processor is a bottle neck and RAM's excessive . . ran all games with full details so far . . . I am really happy that I'll be able to play prostreet with full details . . cause this is the first time I'll be running an NFS with full detail right after it's release :P
Glopaticki
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Glopaticki »

I was bored...lol..
GTR Donuts.jpg
battleram
Ricer
Ricer

Post by battleram »

Could any1 tell me if a graphics card with ATI Radeon X1950 PRO (AGP 512MB) chipset will run pro street perfectly?
Zero260
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zero260 »

Jeez |Xx.EVO.xX|, the game looks amazing in those screen shots with your set up. And I noticed in your M3 NOS Speed Challenge pic, you have little marks on your map where the checkpoints are! I don't have those on the 360 version... :?
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

well i played the demo for an hour got kinda bored, maybe cause they only gave us 2 cars with two tracks,-sighs- umm i played all max with 1680x1050 res. very clear very beautiful damage was nice til total it just felt real til it never broke glass and frame was int aced no mater what speeds.
some pics
specs from the computer used are 6000+dual amd, 8800gts, 2g, vista 10.1x
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/ ... titled.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/onlyali/1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/onlyali/2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/onlyali/3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/onlyali/4.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/onlyali/5.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/onlyali/6.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/onlyali/7.jpg
maniksdi
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by maniksdi »

Zero260 . . I dont think those checkpoints are much of a problem on the map . . maybe EA wanted to save some extra bytes with the 360 demo version and then add em with the PC demo . . cause they are released at different times . . The final product should be the same :P . . . . I plugged my PC with the TV today . . and I could feel the HDR effect . . I wish I had a high- quality camera to show the picture depth . . with 1024x768 res it looks so awesome on the TV! . . . but sitting infront of the PC is more user friendly to me :D

bad news . . I have been trying to install the demo on my P4 2.6Ghz, 1GB RAM, ATI 9700Pro system to test if it was possible to set LAN with my two PCs when the full version came out. . but it was too slow on the 9700Pro :shock: . . . EA did put some heart stopping graphics in the game, but the reqs are too high this time . . my cousins are also mad cause it wont run on their PC . . this is a big drawback IMO . . the fan-base will be much smaller on PC :?
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

Does EA really make games for x360 first and then port them to other platforms? Is that the reason for bad performance? They should make games platform-independent first and then optimize it for consoles.
maniksdi
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by maniksdi »

The game is optimized for PC alrite . . . but only for high end PCs . . thats the main problem . . cause I am getting higher FPS at Prostreet than other not so gr8 graphics games . . . EA's optimization is always good . . much better than the majority . . it's something I've learned throughout my experience as a gamer . . . but now they are focusing on quality more I guess
Nocturne
Stock
Stock

Post by Nocturne »

|Xx.EVO.xX| wrote:Zero260 . . I dont think those checkpoints are much of a problem on the map . . maybe EA wanted to save some extra bytes with the 360 demo version and then add em with the PC demo . . cause they are released at different times . . The final product should be the same :P . . . . I plugged my PC with the TV today . . and I could feel the HDR effect . . I wish I had a high- quality camera to show the picture depth . . with 1024x768 res it looks so awesome on the TV! . . . but sitting infront of the PC is more user friendly to me :D

bad news . . I have been trying to install the demo on my P4 2.6Ghz, 1GB RAM, ATI 9700Pro system to test if it was possible to set LAN with my two PCs when the full version came out. . but it was too slow on the 9700Pro :shock: . . . EA did put some heart stopping graphics in the game, but the reqs are too high this time . . my cousins are also mad cause it wont run on their PC . . this is a big drawback IMO . . the fan-base will be much smaller on PC :?

I know what you're talking about, I a have a similar configuration, except for the RAM, AMD Sempron 2.8GHz, 512 RAM, ATi Radeon 9800 XT, I can only play at 1020X768 with everything else off and low car detail, and only the grip race because in the speed race I got major lag. :(
RVD
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RVD »

I downloaded the demo today. Using Free Download Manager this was a matter of just 20 mins!! :D

I started the demo, no problems, looks nice. I went to the video options and selected 1024*768 @ 70hz and put everything on low. I tried to do the grip race, but there was too many lag... :( I changed everything to off, still holding the 1024* 768 @70 hz.... it was way better now, but still not flawless, still a bit of lag....
BTW, my specs:

Intel P4 2.6ghz
Corsair 1024 mb pc3200 RAM
Medion Radeon 9600 TX

I hope this is a demo-related problem, cause if it keeps running this slow, i wont buy it.

The steering BTW was.....different. Because of the lag i couldnt get a proper feeling for the car, but everytime you steer to one side, and you lift the arrow key, it automatically steers a bit into the opposite direction....

I only have one wish around the whole ProStreet happening: a new pc..... :cry:
I have been looking around for a notebook (so i can take it to school sometimes) and found the following:

Dell Inspiron 1720
Intel core 2 duo T7500 (2.2ghz 4mb l2 cache)
2048mb 667mhz DDR2 RAM
nVidia GeForce Go 8600 m GT 256mb DDR2

Could this do the trick?
Who found out you can get milk from a cow, and what the hell was he doing at the moment?
maniksdi
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by maniksdi »

close your eyes and snatch that laptop! . . yeah it will . . it will run prostreet like water :wink:
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

Ok. Guys can we stop the thing about: "HEY MY RIG CAN HANDLE THIS??" when they have Quads and 4gb RAM and 8800 series...come on.... :roll:
Just head to a requirements thread and ask there :?

ONTOPIC

My review

GAMEPLAY:
Quite boring. I know the game changed from Arcadish so SEMI-ARCADISH, but I can't stand going so slowly in a GT-R Proto!! lol...it's a fast car....why it tends to go slowly on "open curves"? :?
The AI is AT LEAST with NO ULTRA catch-up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!! Did you see something? LaPierre was owned and NO stupid catch up !! Only on KING you have to pay attention to the other racers who are very skilled tho.

N20 sucks this one. The lvl 1 is horrible...it's like GTA San Andreas NOS lol. I hope lvl2 and lvl3 can be the traditional NFS NOS [-o<

GFX:

Amazing!!! 9.8/10 . It just needs HDR and a better AA and we're done!

That's all for now. I need to keep playing bc I dl it just 20 mins ago. I'll post tomorrow :wink:
- Still playing -

Xturbo.
dss2186s
Ricer
Ricer

Post by dss2186s »

how do use think this game will be on the Wii
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

I think the problem is windows and I found a solution. NFS PS demo must be the first game I run after booting windows and when a race is over it lags again. but it's good for a whole race. I could even run it at 1024x786 2x AA with all options high and on (except v-sync) and when no opponent was around me, the game ran almost smoothly. I didn't think that would be possible with a 6600GT (probably would be even better if EA put more work in it). Now I gotta find the right gfx settings that will still run nice.
And well, another lag problem is RAM (I have 1,5 GB), but I've got no other explanation but to say that a guy who said that windows cannot remove stuff from RAM was right.
This game has to run nicely on PS3, cuz PS3 runs on Linux which removes stuff from RAM, FIFO (first in, first out).

Btw, will it be possible to steer by tilting the sixaxis controller in this game on a PS3?

EDIT: it was only working for about 15 races (last time in Nevada I brought my hood to the finish line!!!) then I tried with some different gfx and now it's laggy again and forever! nothing helps! :evil: I really need a PS3...
WonkaVW
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by WonkaVW »

Got it downloaded and installed in a matter of minutes last night. Runs fine with everything on highest at 1280x1024x75hz on my P4 3.6, 2GB PC3200, Radeon X1950 Pro 512mb, X-Fi Xtrememusic.

To sum it up in a short explanation, I'd say it's nothing interesting. The entire time I was playing it, nothing really jumped out at me as an interesting feature... I just kind of played, shrugged and closed it. The graphics are crisp and smooth, but really don't look too much better than Carbon. I like the race event dynamics but it doesn't really grab my attention. It feels like I've done all this before in another game.

The only thing that really did grab my attention was the turbo effects on the GTR. The whine and blow off really sound nice.

I wasn't a fan of the handling at first, but after getting used to it, it's not too bad. It seems more realistic than previous games which I suppose is a plus (it is sure a pain in the ass in the high speed races though).

The damage is alright but once again nothing I haven't seen in other games. It doesn't really add much to the game, and to be honest I never really noticed it.

Overall I'd rate it better than previous releases, but it's nothing revolutionary. Possibly the full version can redeem this with awesome tuning options and varied selection of cars and races, but we'll have to wait to see that.
Glopaticki
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Glopaticki »

I dunno bout you guys, but i had it on King and the ABS and SM were still workin!! What i find funny is that i can't even do a slide without pulling the handbrake, i mean the GTR is rear whell drive biased AWD so technically without the assists it should be able to slide around abit. I ROFL when EA says feel the RAW POWER!! and yet they still have assists on. I couldn't stand the Casual steetings, all you have to do is steer and accelerate, no pressing of the brake, kinda reminds me of slot cars.
WonkaVW
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by WonkaVW »

I think that's kind of the point. Casual mode is just for those who want to win every race very easily so they can focus on building up their car or whatever other features in the game that interest them.

I find the middle mode works well for true casual racing, it seems to match Carbon and the previous NFS games the best as it's very arcadey. The most challenging mode is a bit too much for me, I found myself over correcting to steering too often. I assume it would be more enjoyable on a steering wheel, but it's too difficult on a keyboard.

Return to “News”