ProStreet Preview: Career (Part 1)

Need for Speed ProStreet News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

ProStreet Preview: Career (Part 1)

Post by Bojan »

I got to play an almost final build of the game all day long at the community day event at EA's studios in Vancouver, Canada. My impressions will be publised in a series of articles, starting with part 1, career.
Unlike in previous NFS games, there is no "you're the hero who needs to save the racing scene by beating the evil guy on the top" type story. Instead it's just a few short videos representing kings and racing orgs and scenes made with game engine showing race days and kings showing off. Nothing too fancy, but it really goes well with the game which is obviously focused on racing.
You can read the article here.
samurilos
Drift King
Drift King

Re: ProStreet Preview: Career (Part 1)

Post by samurilos »

Any comments on the car handling?, better than the ones in the demo?, please say yes :D

Im figuring the demo cars were lamely tuned, so jus want to know for sure...
fasttasf
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by fasttasf »

I wonder whether it's just me, not that I have to rant about every nfs title before it comes out, I liked Most Wanted so much, but this demo sucks (if you think I have a crap PC, look at my signature and think again!). The graphics engine is so sluggish that not only everything looks horrible including the disgustingly fake smoke, but the performance is nothing short of a joke! my twin 8800gtx SLI can't handle a game with hardly a tree in the scene? Absolutely shambles. I will definitely not waste my money again on this piece of crap, especially after having been stung but the bloody awful carbon. Crysis and TDU will be my play ground for the next few month.
QX6850
4GB DDR2 PC8500
2 GEFORCE 8800GTX SLI
X-Fi Extreme Gamer
1000Watt PSU
ChZ^^
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ChZ^^ »

What does that have to do with the article? Like the article, now you mention career i would like to see the career movie (if there is coming one)
Death Must Be Easy Because Life Is Hard?
no_fear
Stock
Stock

Post by no_fear »

this your preview is just showing how great this game will be :D
techno music & need for speed ------> the way of life
Bulldozer
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Bulldozer »

how much money do you have at the begining??
Kimba
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Kimba »

What cars can you choose at the beginning and is there a character creation??
Zero260
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zero260 »

@fastasf: I haven't played the PC demo, but I've played the 360 demo. And well, everything you said sucks, was pretty amazing if you ask me and I think most would agree. Graphics were great, everything ran smooth and no major glitches that I could see. Smoke looks amazing compared to any other racing game. So, I dunno what to tell you. Buy a 360? Go post on Crysis and TDU forums instead of telling NFS fans how much NFS sucks? :P
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

Bulldozer wrote:how much money do you have at the begining??
If you tried doing that thing where you customize a Ford Focus/Acura RSX/Subaru Impreza/Audi TT, it seems as if you will have to choose a starting vehicle and get $50,000 for upgrades.
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

"Sounds boooring... But I think I know what Bojan really means with "Short Videos!" :wink:
PS: "I hope NFS PS would not be too boooring without the Street Culture Story...!" [-o<
hadron
Stock
Stock

Post by hadron »

Nice article.

I don't know what to think when there is so much talk everywhere how everything is focused on racing. They even call it "The highest level". Please, after seeing this control of the car we got in demo they better have some impressive list of options, like sensitivity and others plus tunning. Also that windtunnel should do magic.

A played demo for some time now and still I didn't really got the hang of the controll. I figured out that there definately is a lag when you press a button to steer. Example, if you drive offroad with two side tires you must really steer hard to come back to the road, but you can be sure to go off on the other side as turning the oposite way again just doesn't kick in, so you're forced to evolve a whole new driving techique, which isn't quite "The highest level" IMHO. Anyway, I don't really care about singleplay all that much as this is no NFS MW or NFS U2, but more about multiplay as the AI's are still few years away from being anything like "real drivers". At least multiplay appears to be really nice this time.

I saw that lots of people got like ancient PC's, specialy graphic cards which weren't any good even when they came out, and now they can't belive the game lags. Come on. Even stranger are guys like fasttasf there (no offense dude) who has a rig worth enough that I could buy a decent car for that amount and they still can't get the game to work. You should check your PC as the demo is done quite well on the performanse part I think. I got an E6300 @ 3.15GHz and clocked 7600GT and I can play at 1024x768 with all at max, even 1280 works perfectly well but not all maxed-out of course.

Sorry for giant post, but after reading many things here I had to say it.

Drive safe, take care.
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

TRANSFORMER wrote:"Sounds boooring... But I think I know what Bojan really means with "Short Videos!" :wink:
PS: "I hope NFS PS would not be too boooring without the Street Culture Story...!" [-o<
I thought the stories in the previous games were boring, so I'm not really concerned about that. :wink:
But I grew up with games that didn't have stories in them, so I guess we have different expectations there... :P
mean2u
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by mean2u »

Now by repairs, will there be the crude repairs like duct tape and stitches or no? I've heard somewhere that it was cut but I'd just like confirmation.
Trapez
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Trapez »

Having all cars and parts available from the beginning sounds great. Also the shortage of $$$ means you gotta plan purchases carefully IMHO is very good.
Now can somebody please tell me if in full ver. ABC TC can be turned off??

Return to “News”