Race Day Video at Gamespot

Need for Speed ProStreet News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Race Day Video at Gamespot

Post by Skyline_man »

Gamespot as well as other gaming sites posted a new developer diary video about the race days in NFSPS, and also about the technologies used in the game.

The video is about 3 minutes long, you can watch it or download it here.

Thanks to Fishwhiz for the heads up.
Glopaticki
Drift King
Drift King

Re: Race Day Video at Gamespot

Post by Glopaticki »

Also have the vid @ GT

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/27480.html

But what i find funny is how he talks up the damage, saying that no other game has a damage system as complex.....Umm......I don't think he's heard of Burnout Paradise?
driverx15
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by driverx15 »

yes but burnout paradise doesnt use the same system as prostreet.

the team making prostreet said that the damage happens accordingly to what happens to your car.

i dont think burnout is that sofisticated as their damage system is repetative, meaning you may notice that your car looks that same as it did when you hit the wall in your previous race..

i cant even describe how impressed i am with need for speed prostreet.

they have truly taken this to the next level, and i'm very stoked to see that they got away from the most wanted and carbon feel.

i have to say i was slightly dissapointed with carbon as the driving/cars/cops voices was the exact same as most wanted.

lookin good.
Glopaticki
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Glopaticki »

But they could've taken a thing or two from Burnout... i mean when i flip the M3 over doin the speed challenge i want the car to at least hav a crumpled roof, not a shiny carbon fibre one. I mean when ur totalled u can race again i think they should have made it look heaps badass.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

driverx15 wrote: i dont think burnout is that sofisticated as their damage system is repetative, meaning you may notice that your car looks that same as it did when you hit the wall in your previous race..
wait till you see burnout paradise... but prostreets is still pretty darn good.
weedman173
Professional
Professional

Post by weedman173 »

Well when I rolled the car, I could see the roof deformed a tiny bit, there were loads of little dents on it. But I'd still have to say that the game with the best damage system has to be DiRT, it beats Pro Street in damage. But Pro Street is still very good, I'm looking forward to the release.
GINIX_2007
Professional
Professional

Post by GINIX_2007 »

Right now EA just needs to do one thing! REPLAY!!! Whats wrong with these people. A racing game needs REPLAY! I mean come on EA, Mario Kart for the SNES Has a Replay mode!
weedman173
Professional
Professional

Post by weedman173 »

Yeah, thats definitely one thing they should have included now they have a damage system. Everyone has had an amazing crash one time or another, but once you see it, it's over with. Sometimes I like watching the crash again from different agnles.
GINIX_2007
Professional
Professional

Post by GINIX_2007 »

That is so true! I remember doing clean laps in NFS 3 Hot Pursuit watching those replays over and over again, good times, good times :D Those replay camera angles in NFS 3 were top notch BTW.
NFS PS needs a replay mode the graphics and the damage systems are going to be wasted in this one because as weedman 173 said, you cant re- live those moments. :(
RavenGT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by RavenGT »

Yeah honestly. Even Bungie learned that saving those great moments isn't a useless feature. You know what, that wasn't just a suggestion, replay is pretty much essential to a racing game.
maniksdi
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by maniksdi »

Damage is super cool in PS . . even with perfect precision driving, I end up with a bent bumper at the end . . . . but one thing I failed no matter how much I tried . . . breaking the windshield . . . is the windshield of the m3 in PS bulletproof or something? . . cause it never breaks now matter how you crash it XD

omg! . . reply is everything in a racing game . . everytime I'll have a brilliant/memorable race, I'll swear on EA for not letting me save it . . will ease up the pain a little I guess
carbon13
Ricer
Ricer

Post by carbon13 »

In terms of damage, you can do things in a game like Burnout that car companies won't allow you to do in a game like ProStreet. We don't shatter the windshields or really deform the roof because we don't want to give the impression that the driver was injured. In a game without licensed cars, you have a bit more leeway.

I'll take the real cars, thanks :)
GINIX_2007
Professional
Professional

Post by GINIX_2007 »

I see, I thought it was some thing like that but couldn't you at least make the roof crumple a wee bit more? just asking :D Its probably to late for that now.

Just a thought. For next years game get your best developers and put them to work on the best replay feature ever seen in a video game :D
driverx15
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by driverx15 »

|Xx.EVO.xX| wrote:but one thing I failed no matter how much I tried . . . breaking the windshield . . . is the windshield of the m3 in PS bulletproof or something? . . cause it never breaks now matter how you crash it XD
there are actually unbreakable windshields.
watch a nascar race sometime, and wait for someone to flip or something.
windshield doesnt break.

now i dont know if you can get that material for your average car but...

about the roof crumpling...
i think that they could take it a bit further..

but oh well.
i'm VERY impressed with this..
it comes out a day after my birthday.:(
but what ever.
elie8
Drift King
Drift King

Post by elie8 »

i have to agree with u guys, PS really needs a replay fearture and EA should take that under advisement :D .

when is the LAN patch coming out ?? :roll: does any of u guys know ?? if yes plz answer :D .
|Xx.EVO.xX| wrote:Damage is super cool in PS . . even with perfect precision driving, I end up with a bent bumper at the end . . . . but one thing I failed no matter how much I tried . . . breaking the windshield . . . is the windshield of the m3 in PS bulletproof or something? . . cause it never breaks now matter how you crash it XD

omg! . . reply is everything in a racing game . . everytime I'll have a brilliant/memorable race, I'll swear on EA for not letting me save it . . will ease up the pain a little I guess
yeah Xx.EVOxX u're right, that happened with me too :D. probably it's bulletproof :P .

3 posts made into 1 - Use the edit button.
What Comes Around, Goes Around ...
Dillyracer
Stock
Stock

Post by Dillyracer »

I managed to crack the windshield, I have a screen from it too, just tell me if you want it to be uploaded :)
ahmad0410
Professional
Professional

Post by ahmad0410 »

Crack windshield? I thought that was normal if u crash? lol i got cracked and even broken windshield everytime i crash.
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

I get the same thing as ahmad... I think you guys just don't have your damage detail on "High" which would probably include the window shattering.

Return to “News”