ProStreet: First Reviews

Need for Speed ProStreet News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Re: ProStreet: First Reviews

Post by peterfaj »

This game suuuuucks! :(
I can't play it, I mean it's like 1fps and no matter about graphics. The menus run smooth.
Does anyone know a trainer to unlock everything so I can at least enjoy the customization.
Good think I didn't buy the game, just borrowed from a friend.
SchuMito
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by SchuMito »

peterfaj wrote:This game suuuuucks! :(
I can't play it, I mean it's like 1fps and no matter about graphics. The menus run smooth.
Does anyone know a trainer to unlock everything so I can at least enjoy the customization.
how can you say it suuuuucks! Invest in a better PC my friend. I'm still eagerly waiting my copy. It's not fair that US people get everything before we Europeans do!
Kimba
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Kimba »

SchuMito wrote:It's not fair that US people get everything before we Europeans do!
You're absolutely right. I think that I'll get a new processor for this game!
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

SchuMito wrote:
peterfaj wrote:This game suuuuucks! :(
how can you say it suuuuucks! Invest in a better PC my friend. I'm still eagerly waiting my copy. It's not fair that US people get everything before we Europeans do!
Why shoud I? It's the same as with vista, your PC is not used by the software. I was happy with the graphics in MW and C (almost highest (all except 1024x768 and 2x AA)), but even if the graphics in PS are set very low, it still lags. I don't thing there is much more pressure on the processor than in MW or C.
The customization use useless, parts load a long time and vinyls are a nightmare! It takes about 3 seconds before it moves and then it moves just a bit and then the waiting again. And parts probably load long on the PS3 too, and they shouldn't. Check oblivion's loading on the PS3 (describes the cell processor very good). Well, EA just can't be good. So far in my experience, my favorite video game company is Epic games. They support all their users, they make games for playstations, xboxs, windows, mac OS-X, Linux. The graphics and processor difficulties can be lowered to make the game run on ancient machines and on my PC the demo runs flawlessly with better graphics than NFS PS. Though NFS is more fun imo.

How I'd rate NFS PS:
gameplay: 10
customizability: 8
aerodynamics: bullshiznit (More expencive and more ricey body part will make the car more aerodynamic. And spoilers don't change downforce a bit)
graphics (on too good machines): 10
Quality: 1
Support:1 (only on windows for PC) and it runs best on an xbox 360 other are just quick ports...

I'm really disappointed. If I'll buy a PS3, I'll get a used version of NFS PS...

EDIT: And the fact that Americans get everything before we do is not such a problem for me. What I hate are the ****ing higher prices in here.
Playstation 3: 500$ and 500€. 500€ is worth 740$!!!
and same with games: 60$ isn't the same as 60€!!! 60€ is like 90$!!!
WhyTF do we have to have every f***ing thing more expensive?! :evil:
If only we were paid more, but no, you make more in the US for the same job for the same time :(
SchuMito
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by SchuMito »

on the last bit of your post... I agree 100% with you. I paid almost a $1000 for my PS3! It's not a joke. I live in Malta. Here we get games for EUR 70, in fact I buy them from play.com and get EUR 60. Apart from that... we really don't have a high wage in Malta. We get around EUR 930 per month. Prices should be controlled all over the world. In my opinion, the first step to fight Piracy should be price control.
Reiji89
Stock
Stock

Post by Reiji89 »

as scores has stated this is quite an average game and even i reckon it is. EA boasted too much about it before it even came out.
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

Reiji89 wrote:as scores has stated this is quite an average game and even i reckon it is. EA boasted too much about it before it even came out.
True.

Btw, something else annoying: the last body kit (the wide one) for every car has 1 autosculpt zone, which changes all the other zones. I don't know why they've done that. It might even take EA a bit less time to make everything customizable by the user (now you just move a slider and it becomes better at one place and ugly on other. And, the most expensive parts are the most aerodynamic, if you let something stock, it's worse than aftermarket. I doubt EA made more aerodynamic parts than real car brands. Btw (again), what does the drag thingy in wind tunnel do?

About the lagging. It's same as in demo, it runs nice for a race or two, then starts lagging (a lot) and I have to restart windows to stop it. But now they had to make these stupid racedays (which are stupid anyway) and everytime I restart windows (and with it the game), I have to restart the raceday. Nice solution for infinite career =D>
Though a friend of mine (an expert in PCs and such stuff) says that it's probably windows' fault (I thought of that myself before). So EA shouldn't be blamed...that much, all games still ran nice, transforming vinyls wasn't such a pain in the ass in Carbon (now it takes like >2 minutes to make it right, vinyls lag) and they made the game for windows only (for PC).

And I hate the online system, I borrowed my copy from my friend, so I can't use it. EA's gone too far with their protections.
silverstreak-tc
Ricer
Ricer

Post by silverstreak-tc »

Hey wassup guys i just need some input. Right now im playin prostreet on my computer but right now the game is pwning my system hehe. I just need some help on either improving it or replacing everything. this is my system right now.

Asus A8N32 sli deluxe
amd x2 3800 2.0 ghz
crappy 1gig ram (buffalo)
bfg 7600 gt overclocked

Should i replace the ram wit corsair xms wit TWINX2048-3200PT and upgrade my vid card wit an EVGA GeForce 8600GTS 512MB and keep my processor or should i replace taht too.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

silverstreak-tc wrote:Hey wassup guys i just need some input. Right now im playin prostreet on my computer but right now the game is pwning my system hehe. I just need some help on either improving it or replacing everything. this is my system right now.

Asus A8N32 sli deluxe
amd x2 3800 2.0 ghz
crappy 1gig ram (buffalo)
bfg 7600 gt overclocked

Should i replace the ram wit corsair xms wit TWINX2048-3200PT and upgrade my vid card wit an EVGA GeForce 8600GTS 512MB and keep my processor or should i replace taht too.
Same post in 2 threads...i told you my friend head to Help & Support forum :wink:

Pro Street has fulfilled my expectations....nice game
SchuMito
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by SchuMito »

I've got the game and played it for around 5 hours. The game RULES!! I think EA managed to created a really really good game. Like everything in the world... it is far from perfect. I've got it for the PS3. You cannot customisehe comands, and the cars feel really heavy (if not on a drag strip)

However I think that it has a very very good concept! Well done EA... however, for Chris sake... GIVE US ORIGINAL KITS!!!!!

Return to “News”