ProStreet: First Reviews

Need for Speed ProStreet News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
elie8
Drift King
Drift King

Re: ProStreet: First Reviews

Post by elie8 »

i agree with u man, no one should stop buying the game because some guys and sites say it sucks ?? i'll buy the game and test it myself and then i can judge if its good or not. :) .
What Comes Around, Goes Around ...
Python_S
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Python_S »

I had the chance to play it intensely in the last 2 days and it's gets better as you advance. Firstly i was disappointed by the cartoonish look,the same visual customization limitations, lame dyno (i was hopping for a one like in U2), annoying commentator and weird music... I said EA did it again... But than as i advanced got some serious mods on my car, turned off speech and world lighting or something to eliminate that cartoonish look the game started becoming really interesting.
Driving my 800hp Supra on the track with all assists off is a pleasure both by feel and sound you really need to concentrate to keep the RWD monster on the tarmac is very challenging not to talk about dragracing which offers the best feel yet. And doing a wheelie and coming back on the ground with your hood camera is really scary :D
Of course it lacks replays , proper dyno, more dynamic visual customization but EA tried to bring good things into this title and partially succeeded.
As far as i played i would give it a 8.
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

vanyots wrote: I'm not sure what the Veyron and McLarenF1 are here for... maybe just showcars =D>

Well, same as with Carbon, someone 'forgot' *cough* to unlock em, and guess what, you will prolly get a chance to unlock em after little extra *cough*
Stew2000
Stock
Stock

Post by Stew2000 »

The cars in the dir are somewhat interesting. i hope that S2000 will be a "free" addon if it's not already in game.
And I assume DELTA means Lancia Delta. if not.. ea don't have a very good inspiration team :shock:
just2coolxvix
Ricer
Ricer

Post by just2coolxvix »

I don't agree with several scores who gave the game sub 7. Although I don't agree that the game should deserve any more than 8.

Also, no one talked about drifting yet.

Well, from what I've experienced, it's a lot different than drifting in previous NFS games. You CANNOT floor the pedal to take off, you'll be just spinning in place and barely moving (at least this is true for the pre-tuned 240sx I drove.) Also, when you are drifting and when you're counter-steering, there seems to be some kind of force that makes your car "glide" towards the next curve. I'm not sure if thats too realistic but it does feel weird.

Game itself can get boring eventually but the customization, performance mods, etc just doesn't get boring.

Also one more thing...

I drive a Mitsu Eclipse 99 GS-T. It's my daily driver and its a FWD turbo car with 210hp stock.

I bought one in PS, and set it up for drag racing. Time comes for the tire warm-up, and the GS-T is doing a RWD burnout!!!!!?? What the heck....whoever did the research at EA messed up big time.

Even the GS-X, which is the AWD turbo version, cannot do a burnout, well because it's AWD...
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

just2coolxvix wrote:Also one more thing...

I drive a Mitsu Eclipse 99 GS-T. It's my daily driver and its a FWD turbo car with 210hp stock.

I bought one in PS, and set it up for drag racing. Time comes for the tire warm-up, and the GS-T is doing a RWD burnout!!!!!?? What the heck....whoever did the research at EA messed up big time.

Even the GS-X, which is the AWD turbo version, cannot do a burnout, well because it's AWD...
The version in the game is the GSX (because it's AWD stock). However, I believe you can get new drivetrains for your cars, so you can convert a GSX to RWD. This would make sense, since EA has been preaching that you'll need different car setups for different races, meaning to use a AWD or FWD car in drag or drift, you'll need to get a new drivetrain.

I might be wrong, but that's just what I think. Someone with the game can confirm this.
gearhead450
Drift King
Drift King

Post by gearhead450 »

Tis true. There was a RWD Evo in FnF3, wasn't there? So yes, it is perfectly possible to change drivetrains on vehicles completely. I'd like to see the option to add AWD to a 350Z in future NFS titles. :P
"Go anywhere, Go anywhere fast, Go anywhere fast looking like a damn pimp."
just2coolxvix
Ricer
Ricer

Post by just2coolxvix »

prince1142003 wrote:
just2coolxvix wrote:Also one more thing...

The version in the game is the GSX (because it's AWD stock). However, I believe you can get new drivetrains for your cars, so you can convert a GSX to RWD. This would make sense, since EA has been preaching that you'll need different car setups for different races, meaning to use a AWD or FWD car in drag or drift, you'll need to get a new drivetrain.

I might be wrong, but that's just what I think. Someone with the game can confirm this.

Hmm...I believe the sticker in the back says GS-T...I haven't checked the specs of the car to comment on whether its AWD or FWD. I know for a fact that a GS-T is a FWD car. So there could be two things, this vehicle is stock AWD, which means the sticker should've said GS-X. Other thing is that they just messed up on assigning proper drivetrain to this vehicle.

Also, I have never ever saw a GSX do a burnout. If anyone has, please link me to the video. I go to regular DSM meets and burnouts are just non existent. Some FWD eclipses like to get carried away, but their burnouts are done with front wheels.

Any drivetrain customization is a whole another story, eventually this is a game so anything is possible without caring about how much it costs.

Stock vehicles though, should be reflecting their OEM specs, in this case there's a mistake.
Kimba
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Kimba »

vanyots wrote:For those in need of supercars...
A full Dir-list of the CARS folder of NFSPS:

240SX, 350Z, 997GT2, 997GT3, 997GT3RS, 997TT, BMWM3, BMWM3E92, BMWMZ4, CAMARO, CAMARON, CARRERAGT, CAYMANS, CCX, CHALLENGER71, CHALLENGERN, CHARGER69, CHEVELLE, CIVICHB, CIVICSI, COBALTSS, COROLLA, CORVETTE, CORVETTE67, CORVETTEZ06, COSWORTH, CTSV, CUDA, DB9, DBR9, DELTA, ECLIPSE, ELISE, FOCUSST, FORDGT, G35, GALLARDOS, GTI, GTO, GTO65, GTRPROTO, IMPREZAWRXSTI, INTEGRALS, INTEGRATYPER, IS350, LANCEREVO9, LANCEREVOX, LEONCUPRA, MAZDASPEED3, MCLARENF1, MURCIELAGO640, MUSTANG03, MUSTANGGT, MUSTANGSHLBYN, MUSTANGSHLBYO, NSX, R32, R8PROD, ROADRUNNER, RS4, RSX, RX7, RX8, S2000, S3, S4, SEAT, SILVIA, SKYLINE, SKYLINER35, SL65, SOLSTICEGXP, SUPRA, TTN, VEYRON, VIPER, ZONDA

I'm not sure what the Veyron and McLarenF1 are here for... maybe just showcars =D>
Where have you seen all these cars?? I've seen the full carlist and there are no cars like veyron, carrera gt, gt3, mclaren f1 etc. There are only 55 cars which you can buy, but some of them are locked! If that what you say is true than i'm more than happy with the game's carlist!

But i'm not sure if this is real carlist. 77 cars!!! LoL!! :shock: If I remember correctly they said about 55 cars, not above 60. And btw how do you know that this are cars in folder CARS in PS?
Stew2000
Stock
Stock

Post by Stew2000 »

If you didn't know Pro-Street has been released for PC as download and in America.

And I got this in the newsletter this morning:
http://eastore.ea.com/servlet/Controlle ... eid=ea1169

EA like our money :roll:
SliM_880
Professional
Professional

Post by SliM_880 »

^ :? ... #-o
elie8
Drift King
Drift King

Post by elie8 »

hey guys !! have u discovered any news flaws in PS ?? plz tell me :( cuz i can't get the game until november 23rd.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

Stew2000 wrote:If you didn't know Pro-Street has been released for PC as download and in America.

And I got this in the newsletter this morning:
http://eastore.ea.com/servlet/Controlle ... eid=ea1169

EA like our money :roll:
Pretty obvious.... =D> ....................................... #-o

@Kimba: those cars are the ones in the CARS folder in the PS directory... :wink:
He's like saying: "Are these cars going to be driveable?"

My opinion: emmmmm.....bonus only? :roll:

OR

A trainer (as usual) that allows us to unlock the CE in just some clicks...hehe like the MW CE unlocker "patch" LOL
Rampage
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Rampage »

HI, ive been playin for a bit, and for my drag car I kinda went all out near the beginning and bought myself a cobra and put a lot of mods on it, its at 635bhp. when I get into around 3rd gear it starts to get uncontrollable. is this because its a RWD car? If so, my next question is how the hell are u supposed to be able to drive a RWD car in drag? Then if the answer is you cant, how the hell do you do a wheelie in a FWD car and still be able to accelerate.
zdravkelja
Ricer
Ricer

Post by zdravkelja »

This game rules. It is great. Don't listen to gamespot and other stupid sites. :^o
SchuMito
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by SchuMito »

Hi.

I'm impatiently waiting for Play to dleiver my copy of the game. However, I have a small query. I will be getting it on PS3. On the demo, the contorls couldn;t be changed. Are they changable in the full game?
clikky
Ricer
Ricer

Post by clikky »

you know how on one of the trailers it says that there is 'lovetap' in the game? Well just a question, is there actually any 'lovetap' because there doesn't seem to be much evidence of any?
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

SchuMito wrote:Hi.

I'm impatiently waiting for Play to dleiver my copy of the game. However, I have a small query. I will be getting it on PS3. On the demo, the contorls couldn;t be changed. Are they changable in the full game?
Hey, you played the PS3 demo? Can you tell me how did they use the sixaxis controller?
vanyots
Ricer
Ricer

Post by vanyots »

Rampage wrote:HI, ive been playin for a bit, and for my drag car I kinda went all out near the beginning and bought myself a cobra and put a lot of mods on it, its at 635bhp. when I get into around 3rd gear it starts to get uncontrollable. is this because its a RWD car? If so, my next question is how the hell are u supposed to be able to drive a RWD car in drag? Then if the answer is you cant, how the hell do you do a wheelie in a FWD car and still be able to accelerate.
I'm just guessing here, cause I don't have the hardware to play NFSPS, but I think the loss of control at higher speeds might be related to little or negative downforce at the front of the car. Or may be you break your front suspension after landing from a big wheelie.
As for the FWD cars wheeling and accelerating, it's done in Reverse. :P
SchuMito
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by SchuMito »

To tell you the truth... I don't know. The controls are the basic ones as I said... there seems to be no intervention from the Sixaxis.

IMO... the sixaxis for the PS3 is useless... at least till now.
peterfaj wrote:

Hey, you played the PS3 demo? Can you tell me how did they use the sixaxis controller?
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

SchuMito wrote:To tell you the truth... I don't know. The controls are the basic ones as I said... there seems to be no intervention from the Sixaxis.

IMO... the sixaxis for the PS3 is useless... at least till now.
peterfaj wrote:

Actually sixaxis is pretty sweet. Just EA doesn't want to use it, because they're lazy. :evil:
SchuMito
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by SchuMito »

to tell you the truth peterfaj... I've played motorstorm with the sixaxis... it is uncomfortable to play with and has quite a heafty lag between hand movement and actual reply from the game. IMO... if you want to steer using your hand movements insead of a press of a button... better buy a wheel!
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

SchuMito wrote:to tell you the truth peterfaj... I've played motorstorm with the sixaxis... it is uncomfortable to play with and has quite a heafty lag between hand movement and actual reply from the game. IMO... if you want to steer using your hand movements insead of a press of a button... better buy a wheel!
It's cheaper to just use what you get for free.
And you would have to buy 2 wheels for split screen.
maniksdi
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by maniksdi »

just beat the drag king . . . . raced RYO too . . he keeps on playing around you . . hate the drift race with him . . . . he's insane there
elie8
Drift King
Drift King

Post by elie8 »

hey guys thank u all so much for giving me those clues about prostreet but that won't forbide me from getting the game !! in my opinion it's an interesting game and i've been collecting NFS series since NFS 1 !! Prostreet is a jump to a new level and u can't blame EA guys cuz every game may have some flaws when it jumps from a level to a level !! so guys cut EA some slack :) .

Return to “News”