NFSC PC DEMO OUT !!

Need for Speed Carbon News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Tyrant
Professional
Professional

Post by Tyrant »

Guys did you install the game? :lol:. Yeah, some people may forget to do it, just unzip.
juveenile
Ricer
Ricer

Post by juveenile »

the demo is .... is amazing ..i can't wait for full .... damn :wink:
BAS231187
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by BAS231187 »

haha been having fun with the demo all yestarday. i think its all looking sweet!!! only thing is i can c the running commentary from ur team getting anoying after a while. but for now its quite useful and funny "u crossed the finish line in reverse and still came first!!" lol some one appreciate my showing off was cool. lol
keanhong
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by keanhong »

No bad.. the demo
I am 6600GT user.. i have set the options as below (Graphics) and work best
Resolution : 800 x 600
Anti Aliasing : 4X
Texture Filtering : Tri
Shader Detail : Medium
Vsync : off
World Detail : High
Road Reflection Detail : High
Car Detail : High
Motion Blur : Off
Particle System : On

Anyone is 6600GT user?
-[Drift_King]-
Ricer
Ricer

Post by -[Drift_King]- »

I have only 1 thing to say:"Some of you suck at tuning car's" :)
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

heres what gamespot got:

'MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
===========================
Windows XP Service Pack 2 (32Bit Edition only), Windows 2000 Professional
Service Pack 4 operating system Intel Pentium 4 (or equivalent) CPU running at
1.7GHz or higher 64MB DirectX 9.0c compatible video card (NVIDIA Geforce4
Ti/ATI Radeon 8500 or higher) using a supported chipset (see below) 512MB RAM
DirectX compatible sound card'

wich means that minimum RAM is in fact 512.
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

PPL please remember that the gpx card mentioned is not Geforce 4MX ....its Geforce 4Ti ..which is quite different ;)
Blazing Gallardo
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Blazing Gallardo »

Help me please everytime i want to play it, the screen turns black and then a message comes out saying the programe had to close down. help me plz.BTW here are my specs or w/e

Intel caleron cpu 2.80ghz 2.79ghz, 400mb of ram and some other thing that says plug and play monitor on via/s3g unichrome pro igp

can somebody PLEASE help me i want to play the nfsc demo badly and the real game lol.
Te4o_bg
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Te4o_bg »

will there be more graphic options in the real game.
Car reflecion updates slowly.

This game is even worse than Most Wanted.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Is it the same as the 360 demo? If not I dont need it then.
korge
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

Blazing Gallardo wrote:Help me please everytime i want to play it, the screen turns black and then a message comes out saying the programe had to close down. help me plz.BTW here are my specs or w/e

Intel caleron cpu 2.80ghz 2.79ghz, 400mb of ram and some other thing that says plug and play monitor on via/s3g unichrome pro igp

can somebody PLEASE help me i want to play the nfsc demo badly and the real game lol.
yr first issue is Celeron processor wich is about half of what same speed Pentium\Athlon can give. yr second issue is your RAM wich is prolly 378Mb of ram wich means 256 + 128 sticks. And since minimum is 512 RAM, you need more. Yr third and final issue is that IGP thingy. Wich if im not mistaken means Intergrated Graphics Processor wich furthermore means that your video card is built in onto your mainboard. Wich means that its very very weak and wont support NFS:Carbon for sure.

Id suggest getting a new PC in the above case. You can work something fine out for about 500-800 $ that will at least run game on low-medium settings.
lumix
Ricer
Ricer

Post by lumix »

damn! Only have my laptop, and can't even get in the game. Just black screen, and a short flash of a white stripe in the left. Then i hit enter a few times and theres some weird graphics. Something looking like a car, anyone with these problems?!

System:
XP SP2 with DX9C (4.09.0000.0904)
1,5ghz centrino
1,25gb ram
ati radeon 7500 32mb
160gb hdd

Help!
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

yr processor and video card.

they mentioned that the supported card`s laptop GPU versions might work but not enitrely supported.
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

lumix wrote:System:
XP SP2 with DX9C (4.09.0000.0904)
1,5ghz centrino
1,25gb ram
ati radeon 7500 32mb
160gb hdd

Help!
Obvious.
lumix
Ricer
Ricer

Post by lumix »

Dame it, yeah only 1,5ghz but it perform more like a 2+ ghz in a workstation! figured that the graphics were to low, but was just hoping. It ran NFS MW2 very well. Will there be any chances in supported card? Or maybe anyone know if it's possible to dedicate further memory to the graphic card?
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

NFSMW 2 :? ?
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by 93360 »

Tunerfreak wrote:Its a pretty small demo and I think the handling still sucks, but it looks like the customisation will make a comeback...
lol at nfsmw2.... prob meant to be nfsug2?

neways, my summary of the nfs carbon demo:

demo release date and size- about time lol, reasonable dld size

graphics - very good, although i prefer nfsmw surroundings (never really loved underground environments)

autosculpt - excellent potential

NB: change control settings via pause menu during a race ( i h8 default keys >=P )

circuit racing physics - same old if not even less realistic than nfsmw

drift physics - even more crap than ever before, 2 thumbs and 2 toes down >=/

canyon racing - its ok, inconsistant ai compared to circuit racing anyone? =P (ie harder to catch and pass)

conclusion - hope performace tuning in full game can solve anything that seems crap in the demo

will i still buy the game? - well ive had every single nfs pc title before, cant see myself stopping at this one rofl

fyi, my (relevant) compy info is:
p4 2.4, 256mb x800pro, 1.5gb ddr2, 240gb combined hdd... its a 3 year old pc and plays nfs carbon perfectly well in 1280x1024 res with high graphic settings andh high fps.
Last edited by 93360 on 28 Oct 2006, 17:39, edited 1 time in total.
lumix
Ricer
Ricer

Post by lumix »

Wups, my bad. Had my thougth another place :) Might have been thinking of underground, but NFSMW ran fine. Sorry
Gardner
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Gardner »

For me the demo realy sucks. :(
It is the same demo as for PS2 and Xbox.
So there was no reason to release it THAT late.
The engine and grafix are not in a close to full release condition (Or at least I hope so).
There is no Flame at the exhaust when I use NOS...
I noticed before in the downhill drift video clip that the flame comming out of the exhaust is still buggy...
The game is not working in SLI mode!
NfS MW also only worked in a SLI mode. (Badly not at quad SLI)
And this demo got grafik errors and crashes when I try to run it in SLI or quad SLI mode!
So I need to run it with single GPU what realy sucks!
Also I got some "static" sound problems in the movie sequences.

From playing I like the drifting and the Canyon race (only tried the EVO that far. Couldn't get my self to play the demo longer).
Also the Autosculpt is cool.
But at all the demo is much to short! If I remember the MW demo last year... that was a blast! Nice grafix, long play time cause of the cops, online playable...
The options (Grafiix, sound and so on) you have in that demo are realy .... "weal" Don't think I need to say much about it.
I hatet that stupid "X" thing the first time I saw it in a video. Now I hate it much more! It realy doesn't fit into the game atmosphere.
The "Main menu" (if you can call it like that) is a big LOL for me...

I just hope that they will include a good options and main menu in the full release!
And at least a SLI compatibility! I don't think EA will include a quad SLI compatibility...
Also grafic effects are a bit weak at the moment. Maybe they're full included (except the flame on the exhaust) but they where better "noticed" in MW.

I won't play the demo any more (DAMN I waited so long for it and now it sucks!!!!)
I will wait for the full release and hope for the best!
Gay
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Gay »

Arrrrr
need abit help.
thank you

why i cannot run the demo?
i install it and when try to run it, my laptop just restart by itself.

System
xp pro sp2
1.66dual core
512 ram
ati radeon mobility x1400

thanks
Pigbenis
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Pigbenis »

It could be because you're a fag, but what do I know?
BrontoX
Professional
Professional

Post by BrontoX »

I saw the full game on Xbox 360 and the full version is really good it's not like the demo at all so it's worth buying it.
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

Gay wrote:Arrrrr
need abit help.
thank you

why i cannot run the demo?
i install it and when try to run it, my laptop just restart by itself.

System
xp pro sp2
1.66dual core
512 ram
ati radeon mobility x1400

thanks
Since mobile GPU`s arent supported officially. They only *might work*.
pigbenis wrote:It could be because you're a fag, but what do I know?
also, maybe because you just earned yourself few pts?
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

Finally downloaded the right demo. So here's my review ... I gotta say that it's nothing I've been expecting, I've been following all the news, viewed tons of trailers.gameplays, laughed at the 1st players that filmed what they played .. anyway...when I 1st chose the Evo, tuned a bit of it, and raced it, normally ... 1st corner approached I was: WOW! where are you car going?! so it's like when you steer, the car really steers, I like that very much, the Evo isn't oversteering too much(didn't tried the others yet) ... I've been rsting circuit race a while, until I was getting used with the car, anyway, time for the Drift ... pfff i got to say that i totally suck @ it ... after a bunch of rst, i manage on making 100k pts and beat the opp. conclusion: drift is better than any other Underground drift...when you play drift, it's like the car is on FF(fast forward). when I unlocked the Canyon .. now that's where the pain comes, I sucked here, way harder than Drift race ... when I accumulated a few pts, when my turn camed to lead the race, pff, it was like the "abyss" had a magnet on my car or something, i kept on falling over the edge, or Kenji passed me by ...that canyon race is a nightmare for me ... afterall, I have to say that this deserved all the awaits. GREAT GAME! I have to say one more thing, my monitor has a Brightness major problem, so that's why i can't drive, all the nighty thing carbon has, plus my monitor .. my eyes are flashing like car headlighs! :shock:
Guil
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Guil »

448meg downloaded after 27hours of download, still 11h30min before I finish. The thing that scare me the most at this moment by reading the topic is the quality of the game (fun).

I'm pretty sure I will run the game in 1024 low details or 800 medium with my computer, I runned MW in 1024 max details (without AA, anyway, AA is useless at very high resolution). Another option I will put down is Motion blur, they putted in that crap from Underground 1 and should put this down forever, what a useless fonction that make eyes cry when playing.

SPECS:
Athlon XP 1800+
512 SD-ram pc 133
Gforce 5700 ultra (If the game run slow, I got a easy trick, I'm gonna reinstall my TI4200 'cause the game will run with DX8 instead of DX9)

Return to “News”