NFSC PC DEMO OUT !!

Need for Speed Carbon News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

Go download off Gamershell, gave me from 100 to 200kb\sec and finished in hour and a few. Just trouble to get onto busy servers, will take a few mins.

p.s. lol, i cant even play it and still dled....upgrade wont come untill after 2 weeks. post more screens pls!
BrontoX
Professional
Professional

Post by BrontoX »

I downloaded from File Front and i had a speed of 20 kb/s (i have a very slow internet connection so 20 is max) and it finnished in 9 hours but as i said just before i have very slow internet but the important thing is that it's not crowded.
Guil
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Guil »

Abrams wrote:Go download off Gamershell, gave me from 100 to 200kb\sec and finished in hour and a few. Just trouble to get onto busy servers, will take a few mins.

p.s. lol, i cant even play it and still dled....upgrade wont come untill after 2 weeks. post more screens pls!
I'm on dial-up 56k. :P I'm downloading from EA server at 5,5k/sec, this is the best I can do with a 56k.
BrontoX
Professional
Professional

Post by BrontoX »

Man 56K is so old i didn't know they even existed anymore (well i did but almost nobody uses it anymore) and that's 1 and a half day of waiting
Guil
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Guil »

HAha! :P

56k are still useful, you can connect to your internet from another city but yeah, it take a while when downloading. For Carbon, we talk about 40hours of download. :)
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

OMG, that a lot, how are you hanging on mate? don't oyu have some friends that already got the game? I played it once again, and once again with the Evo, made in drift 167k pts(happy with that now), and beat Kenji's bumbum by passing him(walking tall now) 8) ... oh, I've tried the gallardo, I want to ask something, did they forgot to put it a steering wheel, or what's with that car's steering?! I'll play some more drifting 2morrow(I just missed it), and a bit of Canyon, just to get used to it ... happy play and enjoy for the other users/players ;)
Blazing Gallardo
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Blazing Gallardo »

I HATE MY COMPUTER CAN'T EVEN PLAY A DEMO LOL WTF!!!!
enzo.ph
Drift King
Drift King

Post by enzo.ph »

just played the demo for the first time... 8)

my first try... so far so good.
Tunerfreak
Professional
Professional

Post by Tunerfreak »

Who can beat my drift high score? (Or already has)

There isnt a records thread anywhere is there?

Imagehsack wont work :(
Attachments
DriftScore.jpg
Last edited by Tunerfreak on 29 Oct 2006, 03:38, edited 1 time in total.
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

SLJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by SLJ »

must we use the minium spec to work the demo? can some1 reply me asap
Last edited by SLJ on 29 Oct 2006, 05:21, edited 1 time in total.
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by 93360 »

was playing the demo again to see if i could get used to the drift mode but instead noticed that the car actually counter-steers all by itself, eg you will be steering right into a right hand bend but the steering wheels of the car will be pointing left... counter-steering is all fine but only when im the one doing the counter steering ffs, the full game needs a big button that says "turn off all driver assists" =P so far im still enjoying drifting in nfsmw alot more than this load of crap coz you get a sense of "yep, i did that all by myself" whereas in nfsc its a bit more likw "yep, i dont need to be here coz the car drifts all by itself"
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

SLJ wrote:must we use the minium spec to work the demo? can some1 reply me asap
You MUST at least have it, or the game wont launch.
EVO_VIII
Drift King
Drift King

Post by EVO_VIII »

93360 wrote:was playing the demo again to see if i could get used to the drift mode but instead noticed that the car actually counter-steers all by itself, eg you will be steering right into a right hand bend but the steering wheels of the car will be pointing left... counter-steering is all fine but only when im the one doing the counter steering ffs, the full game needs a big button that says "turn off all driver assists" =P so far im still enjoying drifting in nfsmw alot more than this load of crap coz you get a sense of "yep, i did that all by myself" whereas in nfsc its a bit more likw "yep, i dont need to be here coz the car drifts all by itself"
Yep, what u need is to do is get used to the new drift system.
NFSC is trying to focus (the drift) more on the speed, as u can't get much points unless u are going 85 MPH or faster.
lumix
Ricer
Ricer

Post by lumix »

SLJ wrote:
must we use the minium spec to work the demo? can some1 reply me asap

Skyline_man wrote:
You MUST at least have it, or the game wont launch.
Hmm, my game will launch and haven't got the specs, but it's also looking very weird!
Attachments
WTF.JPG
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by 93360 »

EVO_VIII wrote:Yep, what u need is to do is get used to the new drift system.
NFSC is trying to focus (the drift) more on the speed, as u can't get much points unless u are going 85 MPH or faster.
new drift system blows, much like the new drag race systems blowed hard in nfsmw... why should anyone have to get used to the new drift system? why cant every1 just get used to counter-steering for themselves? i think its easier that way. i mean we had to counter steer for ourselves in ug1 and ug2 anyway so why change it to this? i think its dumb and i prob wont like carbon more than most wanted.

i can drift perfectly well in nfsmw in free roam and in races perfectly fine without any driver assists so why do i need it now? i want to turn off all those built in driver aids such as catch-up, auto-countersteer, drift-grip-levels etc etc why the fark cant i have a uniform driving physics for all the race types ffs. eg in nfsmw they didnt have different driving physics between normal circuit/sprint races in comparision to speed trap races, so why cant we have drift races in the free roam world with all the same physics? i dont see how that cant work, heck all i do is drift in the nfsmw races now neways. i might even post a vid onto yewtube if i can ever be that bothered.

btw if any1's bored of the demo like me, see if you can drive kenji over the side of the cliff =P im still trying as i keep overtaking him instead, post a screeny of it when it happens!
Te4o_bg
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Te4o_bg »

This game hasmiserable graphics. I'm not talking about level of detail but in the way it generally looks. It looks like a comic book. Andthis auto detect thing that EA did really sets me off. I have a 128MB GForce 6600 and 748Mb of ram and car reflections update on the low and i can't adjust it. And at the same time I'm playing on 1024 x 768 with x4antialiasing.
How come I support motion blur and cool reflections in MW and I can't in Carbon
Again I can't forgive EA for winning counless millions for something they could have done lot better with lot lower system requierments :!:

I am going to revlot and not buy the game.
Guil
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Guil »

I finished to download the demo and I have to say WTF, this game run just perfectly in 1024, max details (except for AA, motion blur and road reflect than I can't change). It look better than in most wanted and run faster, pretty nice.

The bad thing about this game, the drift. Man the car handle like shiznit.

About the rest, seem pretty nice for the moment.
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

lumix wrote:Hmm, my game will launch and haven't got the specs, but it's also looking very weird!

mate, update the video driver
lumix
Ricer
Ricer

Post by lumix »

Tried updating the video driver, actually it was the newest. I sucks! There isn't any mobility drivers on ati.com so it was just the newest from ibm. Any other ideas?!
tikshow
Stock
Stock

Post by tikshow »

lumix wrote:Tried updating the video driver, actually it was the newest. I sucks! There isn't any mobility drivers on ati.com so it was just the newest from ibm. Any other ideas?!
try to download the catalyst 6.7 i use it, and it worked fine(i use ati mobility x1600)
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by 93360 »

Guil wrote:The bad thing about this game, the drift. Man the car handle like shiznit.
saying sumfin is the "shiznit" (it's the shyt isnt it) means its good, so wrong usage there m8 =P

edit:just realised you may have been done by the auto swear-word-changer thingo, so the guy who wrote it's bad =P)
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

lumix wrote:Tried updating the video driver, actually it was the newest. I sucks! There isn't any mobility drivers on ati.com so it was just the newest from ibm. Any other ideas?!
does your system meets the games minimum requirements?
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

danyutz wrote:
does your system meets the games minimum requirements?
he said page ago that it doesnt.
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Nice Demo!

played it and loved it! nothing more to say.. :P

And guess what im gonna play it again now lol :wink:

Return to “News”