Carbon number 10 on best selling list

Need for Speed Carbon News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Carbon number 10 on best selling list

Post by Bojan »

Next-Gen.biz put together a list of best selling game titles across all systems in North America in 2006.
Need for Speed Carbon hit a very high 10th place with 1.6 million copies sold and $74 million revenue. The best sold game was another EA title, Madden NFL 07 with 6.5 million sold and $300 million revenue. There are a few interesting conclusions in the original article, including the fact that only 3 games in the top 20 scored less that 75% average - consumers do know what is good!
The top 100 list is available here.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

So what if doesn't redefine the racing genre? At this point, what could?
Agree 100%. Aside from the few minor enhancements, racing games have come to the point where there's really nothing new that can be done to them.
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by S2000_Skyline12 »

You know what could be fun? making the racing game (At least if its gonna be used:) a nice long story with substance but combined with nice open ranged racing with minimal tuning (no uber ricing bs like neons and hydros) Maybe like GT with a story, bigger range like TDU and one or two acutal manufactured bodykits
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
Finalmaster2

Post by Finalmaster2 »

What, NFSC on top 10 sold games list? Man, that must a big bad bug. Maybe that lists true name was "Top 10 not-to-be-sold games" and NFSC is leading on it. :P
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

well, there are a lot of people who arent big fans and dont keep up with every single update about the next need for speed so they buy it and dont know what to expect. and also , it is one of the only games for ps3, so people wanted to have a variety and bought it with their ps3.
keanhong
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by keanhong »

Yea... i am the one buy the game...
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

:shock:

You know, if they allowed game refunds, Carbon wouldnt be on that list.
korge
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

then why do all you people still play it?!
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

I play the game cause I like it and I think that it's a good game.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

agree^ I dont see why you guys complain becuase most of you dont have the ps2 or normal xbox version.
Cross
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Cross »

i would like to say it's a good game, had intent to buy it but after i tried it i was UTERLY disapointed. i think people like it ,those that do, as it is new, "improved" from predecesor and got new features and thats enough to keep it on the hard drive. as for me, it gives me no thrill. to get some of that i put on again underground so i have a proper realistish place to drift as carbon is completly useless for me in that area.
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by 93360 »

played nfsmw on pc 1st and kinda feel like getting it for my ps2 just for laughs, but in no way would i even consider buying nfs carbon, its just not worth the disappoinment.
amda1
Drift King
Drift King

Post by amda1 »

carbon is fantastic for personal tuning, people can tailor a car exactly to their taste and standard, its great. Yes the bodykits may not be the best, but the ones available are good enough. Rims are also a great asset in carbon, so many eye-watering designs. To sum up, I think most of us secretly like carbon, although at face value it seems like quite a poor game.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Wow. Same features in UG2 and UG1. Big deal. Carbon isnt worth 60 bucks and 70 just for the version that comes with like 4 cars.
korge
amda1
Drift King
Drift King

Post by amda1 »

I agree there, quite pathetic, especially when they are making us pay for extra cars online. Poor show EA.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

but like he said, you all still secretly like it.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Fishwhiz wrote:but like he said, you all still secretly like it.
:-s
korge
Tuners Rock
New Age Fanboi
New Age Fanboi

Post by Tuners Rock »

Carbon shouldnt be number 10, a lot of people tryed to get there money back for it, like me, and never got it, thats why its on there
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

shut up guys, carbon was not that bad now i believe it was the number 10 on the list and we all play it still, and you guys just keep on complaining so stfu, we know you like playing it.
Tuners Rock
New Age Fanboi
New Age Fanboi

Post by Tuners Rock »

we like playing it, but its too short
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by S2000_Skyline12 »

Fishwhiz, you've tried to prove your point numerous times, if they don't want to listen, no need to blow a gasket trying to make them listen.

My opinion on Carbon (Since I don't think or remember me saying it sucks specifically):

A pretty ok game with some highlight modes such as, Canyon Racing

Customization: 8 (Would have been 9 or 10 if not for the return of MW bodys and not seperate bodykit parts)
Highlights: Autosculpt, Custom vinyl placement, Huge list of rim selection, Custom body lowering, Juiced like paint but not completely

Not so great: "Bodys" instead of separate bodykit parts

Gameplay:7
Highlights:Crew members, Race Wars (PC users)

Not so great: Very retarded crew member AI, sloppy AI, and short career mode.

Graphics: 9
Highlights: Nicer nighttime area, realistic paints on car when ingame

Not so great:Not much here except if you are gaming on a "Current-Gen" console such as the PS2, Xbox, or Gamecube (This especially for the Gamecube); the other racers cars will look crappier and all the gfx will be mostly applied to your car.

Overall: 8

IMO, I think this game was given a bit too much hype by EA and other fans, so when they spent the $40 or $60(Next-Gen) and they got the results of the game they like a lot of the community members here, were kinda or really weewee'd off about the results but I think that EA just wants to deliver with quick games because they think that the NFS series is needed every single year by customer demand but if any of us had the chance and I think we do (since the EA guy is here and all) we'd tell him that the game doesn't need to be rushed. and if you take at least 2 years to develop the game and not rush it off (resulting in shorter storyline because it looks like they put more work into the graphics than the actual game) so if EA is gonna do that they should either return to the HP2 (or any Exotic type NFS) format of game and just make it graphics+game-storyline or just game+storyline/graphics because any other would just result in a crappy game to me.

That's my true opinion on Need For Speed: Carbon.
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

OKay, I wont lie. If you have NEVER played NFS before or dont already own MW on 360, then get it.

HOWEVER!!!.. If youve played all the previous NFS titles and dont have parents to buy the game for you, dont waste your own money.
korge
spectre01
Drift King
Drift King

Post by spectre01 »

korge wrote:OKay, I wont lie. If you have NEVER played NFS before or dont already own MW on 360, then get it.

HOWEVER!!!.. If youve played all the previous NFS titles and dont have parents to buy the game for you, dont waste your own money.

i wasted mine on carbon... so don't make the same mistake as me... :cry:
tavaski
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by tavaski »

lol
maniksdi
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by maniksdi »

Fishwhiz . . lol . . you wanted your money back? . . should have read the reviews b4 u bought the game . . look at me here . . when i'll lose interest in gaming . . i'll keep a nice collection of all the latest nfs games . . for the sake of the good old times . . but carbon has my appreciation . . i like the game-play more than u2, less repetative . . bout being the tenth best seller in NA . . must be the cover 8) . . i love the cover :P

Return to “News”