Carbon Race Nights

Need for Speed Carbon News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Carbon Race Nights

Post by Bojan »

Hey guys, I just wanted to introduce a new community weekly event that will/should bring all NFS: Carbon players together one night a week to compete, have fun, and try to earn the EA Moderator achievement!

RACE NIGHTS is a weekly event starting at 9EST / 6 Pacific time every Friday that will be devoted to one console every week.

Come race on Friday, and then report about your experience in this thread, and your place, times, and other statistics will be reported on the main website and this forum! Opportunities for prizes may come as well, but this is your chance to declare at least one day a week yours! So put the women and children to bed guys, and meet me and other NFS enthusiasts online Friday night, 9 EST time.

Schedule
4/6 - XBOX 360
4/13 - PC
4/20 - PS3
4/27 - XBOX 360

Key things to remember
- Enjoy yourself
- Remember to report about your experience in this thread (stats, races, cool things that happened)
- Look for me and other EA moderators to earn the EA moderator achievement
So are any NFSUnlimited.net members going to participate this friday?
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

hmm..er what is 9EST / 6 Pacific time, in GMT?!

This is actually a really good idea and this could actually catch the attention of the EA moderator :)
yakuza
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by yakuza »

i'll go on all the days of the week if i have to
Sweet-16
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweet-16 »

Just a sorry excuse to gain more multiplayer activity because they can't compete with games like C&C or Call of Duty (which United Offensive is still VERY active!). I wouldn't get to excited.

I would, however, enjoy multiplayer stuff more often if the hacking community was inexistent or at least kept low. Too much of that is going on in present day and it's just a big nuisance. Ruins the fun in anything when people have to do that to win and claim to be good.
EAmstephenson
EA
EA

Post by EAmstephenson »

Sweet-16 wrote:Just a sorry excuse to gain more multiplayer activity because they can't compete with games like C&C or Call of Duty (which United Offensive is still VERY active!). I wouldn't get to excited.

I would, however, enjoy multiplayer stuff more often if the hacking community was inexistent or at least kept low. Too much of that is going on in present day and it's just a big nuisance. Ruins the fun in anything when people have to do that to win and claim to be good.
Um....wrong.

It was made to celebrate the online community and give you guys the opportunity to:

A.) represent your fansite
B.) have one night a week devoted to Need for Speed (something that will be highlighted on EA.com and other sites possibly)
C.) Have fun playing the game.

At first glance, I expect skepticism, but please give it a try and try to have a bit of fun. I know you can do it!!
Driv2Slow
Professional
Professional

Post by Driv2Slow »

I intend on playing, but is that 9pm EST GMT or what?
Driv2Slow
Sweet-16
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweet-16 »

EAmstephenson wrote:
Sweet-16 wrote:Just a sorry excuse to gain more multiplayer activity because they can't compete with games like C&C or Call of Duty (which United Offensive is still VERY active!). I wouldn't get to excited.

Um....wrong.

It was made to celebrate the online community and give you guys the opportunity to:

B.) have one night a week devoted to Need for Speed (something that will be highlighted on EA.com and other sites possibly)

At first glance, I expect skepticism, but please give it a try and try to have a bit of fun. I know you can do it!!
I don't trust you guys from ea as far as I could pick you up and throw you. Every new game i've bought since Battlefield Vietnam onward has required many patches, and still they malfunction. If I could I'd take all my money I've spent on your pitiful games back. especially Battlefield 2 and Carbon for which both crash to the desktop, lack support, and BF2 has major sound issues. These events are to boost your popularity, not the fans' and to make you look all nice-nice. It's not that hard to figure out mstephenson. All big companies play these little deals. Not to flame or anything, but it is a bit obvious. Excuse me if I'm negative, but in the past 2 years I've lost all respect for EA games. I've just finally reached my breaking point with you guys. You have sunk since HP2 and BF1942... you care more about money than the game and fan base. I know quite a few of people here share the same views, so it's not just me here.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

here we go i knew this was going to happen eventually :roll: yes ea has been struggling with the nfs series but all of the other games have been great. like C&C , battlefield 2, the madden series etc. and nobody said you had to go online and play
EAmstephenson
EA
EA

Post by EAmstephenson »

Sweet-16 wrote:
EAmstephenson wrote:

Um....wrong.

I don't trust you guys from ea as far as I could pick you up and throw you. Every new game i've bought since Battlefield Vietnam onward has required many patches, and still they malfunction. If I could I'd take all my money I've spent on your pitiful games back. especially Battlefield 2 and Carbon for which both crash to the desktop, lack support, and BF2 has major sound issues. These events are to boost your popularity, not the fans' and to make you look all nice-nice. It's not that hard to figure out mstephenson. All big companies play these little deals. Not to flame or anything, but it is a bit obvious. Excuse me if I'm negative, but in the past 2 years I've lost all respect for EA games. I've just finally reached my breaking point with you guys. You have sunk since HP2 and BF1942... you care more about money than the game and fan base. I know quite a few of people here share the same views, so it's not just me here.
Suit yourself.

I hope to see some of you guys online representing nfsunlimited.net!!
Sweet-16
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweet-16 »

darknight788 wrote:here we go i knew this was going to happen eventually :roll: yes ea has been struggling with the nfs series but all of the other games have been great. like C&C , battlefield 2, the madden series etc. and nobody said you had to go online and play
No, you're right, I was never told to go online. But now is the chance to tell them while someone is paying attention. Sorry if you think the truth hurts, Darknight, but someone had to do it. On a side note, BF2 was only good in the graphics department. Nothing more than Command and Conquer: Generals with a first-person perspective.

Keep in mind I'm only stating my opinions and views. No need to attack me.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

im not attacking you but there really isnt any need to attack him like that. if you want to say you are un happy then do so in a little more polite manner so he just doesnt write you off
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

If anyone can tell me what it is in GMT or GMT+1 I can see if I can be online on the 360 when it starts and give some people a oppertunity to get the Moderator achievement.
Pabl0z
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Pabl0z »

If 9EST means in the morning at 9... I think it's 14.00 GMT...
Either way I think GMT is +5 hours to EST.
lol wut
RAYADO
Ricer
Ricer

GMT

Post by RAYADO »

Greenwich, England has been the home of Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) since 1884. GMT is sometimes called Greenwich Meridian Time because it is measured from the Greenwich Meridian Line at the Royal Observatory in Greenwich. Greenwich is the place from where all time zones are measured.
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

EST is used in the US... as always.. things like this are faaar to US based
EA: get it throught your heads.. there a LOADS of players outside of the US -.-
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

EST is GMT+5. And hopefully it is not 9pm EST, because that would mean it starts at 3am CET. I'll be asleep then...
Maybe saturday morning then :)

Oh and this topic is about Carbon Race Nights. Let's leave it there.
EAmstephenson
EA
EA

Post by EAmstephenson »

YaelDjiel wrote:EST is used in the US... as always.. things like this are faaar to US based
EA: get it throught your heads.. there a LOADS of players outside of the US -.-
I realize that there are "LOADS" of players outside of the US, but what would you suggest that I do? I work in North America, I live in North America. I'm going to be on at that time. Please, by all means...get on and tell about your experience if you get online before hand. But 9 P.M. EST time qualifies it as a "RACE NIGHT". I'm sorry you are upset.

I'll see you guys on Friday!
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

9 PM EST is 3 AM here.

*sleeps*
EAmstephenson
EA
EA

Post by EAmstephenson »

Skyline_man wrote:9 PM EST is 3 AM here.

*sleeps*
I know this, I'm very sorry man. :-(
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Well I do hope you do make it a race night so that if I log in 6 hours later, it'll still be happening :)
EAmstephenson
EA
EA

Post by EAmstephenson »

Bojan wrote:Well I do hope you do make it a race night so that if I log in 6 hours later, it'll still be happening :)
wouldn't that be awesome?! I hope it goes over that well.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

i will try to attend also depends on when i get off work
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

3 AM is late, but then I am working till 12 PM (0.00) so it shouldn't be to bad.
Is it just log on xbox live and start Carbon and see who I race?

I get countless of questions from people who want to race me for the Moderator award, but because alot of them are from the US and Canada, the chances that I am online when they are is slim.
I would like to help all people that ask with the moderator award but logically I can't always be online and when I am I am often online during european high times and that's when it's in the middle of the day in Eastern America and late morning in western America.

I'm getting pretty sick of my wireless network cause I can't fully use my 360 cause if range issues, so I now got a temp cable run around the living room, wich is far from charming but he... I want to play online myself and help some people if I can. but something has to change fast... :roll:

Have to practice abit, cause it's been a while since I played Carbon.
But then I have to lose to give people a reward :lol:

For those who didn't know it yet my 360 name is:
Sniperworks
(and please, don't flood me with friendrequests cause I get like 50 of them a day, and because there are so many of them, I don't have time to reply to them all and only pick the ones that have a added text send to me (in other words from people that took some extra effort :wink: )

Heh.... that's all folks
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

I would participate in this, except the Nintendo Wii version of Carbon doesn't go online even though the Wii has full wireless and wired online capabilities of surfing the internet.
Tuners Rock
New Age Fanboi
New Age Fanboi

Post by Tuners Rock »

i would participate if i had a 360, PS3, or a PC version of Carbon, my uncle is a fag for tricking me :evil:

Return to “News”