Need for Speed Most Wanted

Need for Speed Carbon News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

TheStig wrote:I just hope EA started this game when (or before) we found out that most wanted was registrated last beginning 2004... so I hope they worked on it for a year already!

I can give it some hopes then...!
Yeah I tohught about that.

Is it true that Undergroud developing team works apart from Hot Pursuit team / franchise / whatever is it called?
I read about it once....
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Well, before UG2 was announced, EA said they were working on NFS and that it will be called Most Wanted. So, this means by the time the game will be finished, it would have been 2 years in development, enough to add a lot of exciting new features. It's actually a good thing, it was postponed, because they have time ti improve the game.
DJ_Zephyr
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by DJ_Zephyr »

If it is true (and I hope it is), there are two NFS:U2 features I'd like retained: car customization and free-roaming cities.

I spend more time customizing my cars and tweaking my setups than I do racing in NFS:U2. I hope they allow modification of the import and muscle cars in this new game. Imagine, a red Boss 302 with drag slicks and a cowl hood! 8)

And I don't think I'd get the game without a Free Roam mode included in the deal. When I'm not tuning, I'm blasting around the city at random, either pancaking traffic with my H2 or smoking challengers with my TT!
XR8TD
Stock
Stock

Post by XR8TD »

yer this sounds really gd 2 hear their mixin the cultures of the nfs series into 1!
this is wat i wud lyk 2 happen in NFS:MW

-they rkon they hav got popular cars in nfsu2 right? weres the Nissan's S14 & S15 Silva's ?
-they wud hav 2 hav the Lamborghini Murciélago, Koenigsegg CCR n tha enzo, etc
-more detail tunning parts. lyk different sounding BOV's(Blow Off Valves) u cud purchase.
-MORE RIMS lol this is a must cause the rims selection is pretty average in nfsu2 n more sizes.
-gd old fashion cop chases.
-they hav 2 keep the drift mode.
-Black Hoods!
-be able 2 USE THE SUBS U PUT IN UR BOOT lol, cause othewise it jst borin if their jst 4 show.
-In Side Car View would b really gd as well.
oh the list cud go on, but there wat i wud luv 2 c in k
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

In the article, which could be a fake, it is said that:
A) There will be 4 different locations ----> That makes me think there won't be free roaming, but classic nfs circuits.
B) There will be Outrun mode ---> Outrun races need the Free roaming feature to make sense :roll:

Anyway, I dont want Free roaming and import ricers in the new game
I want back the classic alternative roads.... do you remember HP2??
A good number of alternative roads would improve the pursuit experience.
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

^Sparco^ wrote:In the article, which could be a fake, it is said that:
A) There will be 4 different locations ----> That makes me think there won't be free roaming, but classic nfs circuits.
B) There will be Outrun mode ---> Outrun races need the Free roaming feature to make sense :roll:
They might be thinking about making the next game a bit bigger than their previous titles (kinda like what R* did with GTA). They're putting in 70 more cars than in NFSU2, and they might also be thinking about doing the same with the surroundings. So this might mean we get 4 different locations, with free roaming on all of them. So different locations and Outrun isn't impossible.
^Sparco^ wrote:Anyway, I dont want Free roaming and import ricers in the new game
I want back the classic alternative roads.... do you remember HP2??
A good number of alternative roads would improve the pursuit experience.
I want the free roaming, it's great :) And even tho you don't like import cars, a lot of people do. It's a bit early to go into how the gameplay will be build up, but if you hate the imports, I don't think there should be any reason for you to drive them in order to complete the game. Free roaming on classic roads isn't actually impossible either, you know. Just cruising around would be wonderful...
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

And I hope we can take alternate routes in Sprint races instead of having following those annoying red arrows. :)
cluchmaster
Ricer
Ricer

Post by cluchmaster »

Well if this is true EA would really win back a lot of fans it lost on NFSU & NFSU 2 (i'm not one of them, i liked these games and i'am not affraid to say it :wink: )
I also remember reading a short time after NFSU that EA said that there next game would be like NFSU (which we saw in NFSU 2) , and the one after that would be a back to the roots game... which means there is some truth in the artical, maybe not everything but some!!!!
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

but then again SPARCO only wants a SEAT LEON.... :roll:

I think it would be a good choice to mix all kinds of cars on the tracks...

you might think that those "Imports" are totally new to NFS since U1 but in NFS High Stakes the Japanese version had a R34 Skyline GTR... and that was a full Exotic racing game!

I think free roaming is cool... they only have to change the AI system... people who claim it is boring...to drive around where ever you want need to get a sence of direction!!
but they have to use some cool good tracks... but for me tracks alone don't cut it.. I want to drive around the whole region! when they build tracks like in HP1 and HS they would kick *ss, HP2 wasn't that impressive... but a track like Rocky Pass in HP1 and HS was a wicked track.... still my alround favo... and don't forget Hometown!
influx
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by influx »

Ah.. HP1 and High Stakes, those were good racing games, loved the in-car view. If there will be free roam that will be just awesome.
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

I always hated "Palm City" in HP2. High Stakes is the BEST GAME EVER!!!! :D
Tunerfreak
Professional
Professional

Post by Tunerfreak »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: MUST GET!!!MUST GET!!!MUST GET!!!MUST GET!!!MUST GET!!!MUST GET!!!MUST GET!!!MUST GET!!!MUST GET!!!MUST GET!!!MUST GET!!!MUST GET!!!MUST GET!!!MUST GET!!!MUST GET!!!MUST GET!!!MUST GET!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Drool drool. Must relese soon. CANT WAIT!!!
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Erm, yeah.. I think we get it. Anything constructive to say?
Last edited by GT3x24x7 on 21 Jan 2005, 06:38, edited 1 time in total.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

LOL Gt!! BTW, an official Discussion Board on NFS Most Wanted has been opened in the General Discussion forum. Feel free to discuss things there. :)
Dragster
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dragster »

I just hope that A.I's cars won't be as ugly as hell
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

I think EA visited our showroom and got their inspiration on most of the users cars...
in other words the butt ugly cars some made for NFS U1..

about the incar view.. yeah it looked nice in HP1 and HS but I never used it anyway simply cause it used alot of space in the view and you could not see really well! (half the road was gone...)
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

TheStig wrote:about the incar view.. yeah it looked nice in HP1 and HS but I never used it anyway simply cause it used alot of space in the view and you could not see really well! (half the road was gone...)
I agree! And plus, it affected my handling of the car.. :?
Dragstarrr
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Dragstarrr »

I knew about this game 3 months ago.lol :D
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

Dragstarrr wrote:I knew about this game 3 months ago.lol :D
I knew about this game 14months ago. lol
STEVISA
Ricer
Ricer

Post by STEVISA »

r there gonna be ferraris and lambos, ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh baby
Dragstarrr
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Dragstarrr »

yes ferraris an lambo are there and tuner cas like underground this is a mixture of the old classic NFS with NFS undergorund oh and there are helicopter chases i think ... :wink:
Petros
Ricer
Ricer

nfs wishes

Post by Petros »

i hope we get the chance to change the car also inside not only outside...that means seats,steering wheel,gears,mats,sticks,and lots of other things....i specialy wait for this game ...when i heard about more muscle cars :)
Dragster
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dragster »

3D in car view would be awesome + full 360 rotation inside the car, just like the Hellbender for UT2k4 --> inside car tuning <GASP>
Tunerfreak
Professional
Professional

Post by Tunerfreak »

2 questions.

1)Are they gunna fix traffic.
2)Are the lambos customizable.

As soon as anyone knows can they spill it plz.
Sorry if this post has been done a trillion times.
Niss
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Niss »

if this is treu the only thing i want is free roaming in MUSCLE CARS and the BMW M3 8) for the rest i dont care, it cant be perfect, if it was,it had to have a 100MB update every week for all new things idea's and stuff, dont nag just play the game :lol: :mrgreen:

Return to “News”