First NFS:MW Preview

Need for Speed Carbon News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

^Sparco^ wrote:
Morty wrote: I thought (and still believe) that the original NFS also had cops. Or have I been living in a lie for the past 6-7 years?
That has been written by the 1UP guys... they could have made a mistake... :D
I hope so... But it seems like everywhere I look, people say cops first arrived in NFS3... :?
^Sparco^ wrote:
Morty wrote:Under NFS HP2: (...)
I thought NFS PU was the most loved NFS game... :?
Yeah, for PC users. But 1UP is a PS2 site, and the best NFS ever made for PS2 is Hot Pursuit 2 8)
I personally like HP2 the most, even being a PC user... I love Pursuit games, that's why Im overexcited by MW (and by those amazing screens. Yippee!!) :D
Ok then, I surrender :P
^Sparco^ wrote:Im worried about this part of the interview:
1UP: How comprehensive will the modding for those tuner cars be?

MM: It's still a big part of Most Wanted. You'll be able to upgrade the performance of your cars to race against any class of vehicle, as well as outrun the cops. You'll also have the challenge of managing your "heat" meter to keep the cops off your tail. One of the key ways they can do this is to take your car into the shop and change its appearance. I currently have my Japanese import tuned-out to race against exotics...it feels so good to leave an exotic in the dust.
I fear.. Some unrealistic tuned Golf against a superexotic Ferrari 575M... Golf wins... and /me gets mad.
A Japanese import OK.. but a GOLF............ would be rediculous as I see it.
Well... It's not as bad as you might think. Swedish tuners Dahlbäck Racing tuned a Golf IV up to 983 hp. There's also a Chevy Nova (more or less an Opel Corsa) around, using 2 engines delivering a total of 600 hp, and it pwns Skylines. Might seem unrealistic, but it does actually happen... :)

Return to “News”