Sounds in Need for Speed Most Wanted

Need for Speed Carbon News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Sounds in Need for Speed Most Wanted

Post by Bojan »

We got some inside information in our forum about the sounds in Need for Speed Most Wanted:
Since you liked the sounds in UG2, here's some sound tips on MW:

- You'll have almost double the amount of Car sounds compared to UG2

- In UG2 we had 50+ variations of turbo sounds and 1 supercharger, now each type of supercharger is modelled to how it sounds in real life.

- We upped the amount of crash-sounds from 110 to over 500 since you hit tons and tons of objects and cars

- There's over 12000 lines of cop dialog, modelled after real conversations from cops to base-station, inbetween cops etc. Several people have spend 2 years on getting this aspect to be as good as possible. We casted from over 350 actors to make sure we got people that sounded good and real. A complete new A.I. cop speech system was written from the ground up.

- Paul Linford who was part of the scoring team for Gone in 60 seconds, Bad Boys 2 etc. scored this game. Over 45 minutes of pursuit-pounding music which adapt to your every move. Some people on the team say that playing without sound is now not even an option anymore Smile
Follow NFS Most Wanted topic in the forum to be up to date with what's happening around NFSMW.
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Re: Sounds in Need for Speed Most Wanted

Post by ^Sparco^ »

That's the best news ever!

My favorite part is this:
- There's over 12000 lines of cop dialog, modelled after real conversations from cops to base-station, inbetween cops etc. Several people have spend 2 years on getting this aspect to be as good as possible. We casted from over 350 actors to make sure we got people that sounded good and real. A complete new A.I. cop speech system was written from the ground up

In previous Hot Pursuit series there were about 100lines of cop dialog, or even less. I mean, the cops keep saying the same things all the time.
12,000lines OMG....

About the rest, it looks improved a lot. I have heard myself the sound in some videos and it's stunning.

People usually dont care about sound quality. Hence the number of comments in this thread (0), while people massively post shocking smileys each time a new screenshot is released... Dudes, it's not all about graphics, the sounds are very important aswell.
George Lucas wrote:"Sound is 50 percent of the moviegoing experience"
Oh yeah, Lucas is THE dude. And we all will enjoy the THX sound system, developed in big part thanks to him 8)
Top_Gear
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Top_Gear »

OOOH....great news. Love the individual turbocharger sounds and that 12000 lines of cop dialogue!!!
| WELCU |
Ricer
Ricer

Post by | WELCU | »

Yeah I agree with Gorge Lucas! :D

...12000 lines of cop dialogue!!! O_O O_O
Pinecone
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Pinecone »

Even in the trailers l didnt hear one line repeat, and l have no doubt that there will be secret dialouge included
toineed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by toineed »

I'm not suprised that someone that is related to Gone in 60seconds is a part of this game and i can't wait to play!!! Where the freaking pc demo!!! I want it now !!! :twisted:
YamahaATV
Drift King
Drift King

Post by YamahaATV »

Well I'm glad that the sounds will be good because they do make up a lot of the gaming experience people just don't realize that games aren't fun without sound because they have never played one without it. (unless their speakers broke and they haven't gotten new ones yet)

lol
BluePhirePB
Drift King
Drift King

Post by BluePhirePB »

This news just makes the anticipation of the game that much more!
Pabl0z
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Pabl0z »

Can't wait 8)
lol wut
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

it means that if i put a BIG muffler on the car its going to sound like a truck, and if i dont put it a muffler tip but i change the engine and other stuff, i can hear a different sound depending always on the muffler tip, right?

because in NFS U2, it doesn't matter the kind of muffler tip and its going to sound like normal supercharged car, and some cars have the same engine and muffler sound.

that's all!

xturbo_xtreme@hotmail.com
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

I just hope they did the sounds of the McLaren Mercedes SLR and the Porsche Carerra GT right... they both have a unique sound... the SLR even more... and I want to hear it :D
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

^Sparco^ wrote:
[size=200][b]George Lucas[/b][/size] wrote:"Sound is 50 percent of the moviegoing experience"
Oh yeah, Lucas is THE dude. And we all will enjoy the THX sound system, developed in big part thanks to him 8)
i wonder if there will be a star wars related vinyl :lol:
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

where did you see ANYTHING that George Lucas had ANYTHING to do with this game???
A-spec
Drift King
Drift King

Post by A-spec »

Fishwhiz wrote:
^Sparco^ wrote:
[size=200][b]George Lucas[/b][/size] wrote:"Sound is 50 percent of the moviegoing experience"
i wonder if there will be a star wars related vinyl :lol:
Lol Maybe :lol: Great news, that must of been hard work.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

reading it pretty hard eh?

try to read what Bojan wrote?

and then try find the 2 words ... naah lets make it abit easier... lets find 1 words

LUCAS...

and only in Bojan's post...

if you find it you'll get a cookie.

in other words....there is NOTHING about George LUCAS it was a quote from him about movies in general and had NOTHING to do with Need for Speed!
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

WTH?

It's a well-known quotation from George Lucas... He said that a lot of years ago. It is not related to NFS.

however, In a certain way, George Lucas has influenced the game. How? Well... think of THX ;)
Last edited by ^Sparco^ on 16 Sep 2005, 00:57, edited 1 time in total.
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

That info sounds promising :D

can't wait 8)
BaTrR
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by BaTrR »

I like it!! The sounds give the gameplay a whole new demension :D
TheNoobofFerraris
Professional
Professional

Post by TheNoobofFerraris »

:o Wow, words that I can't understand right now because I'm overwhelmed.... :shock:
Seems like this website is a ghost town. No longer worth a visit or anyone's time.
WAMBAM
Ricer
Ricer

Post by WAMBAM »

ive wanted to see all diffrent blow of valves the sounds go of crazy
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

I'm still ultramegasuperhyperexcited about the 12,000lines of text. It can't be... Im pretty sure the dude meant 12,000 words.

But it's stll too much.

I'm wondering

Can any of you even think of 12,000 random sentences?

12,000 sentences. wow. 12,000. Nah, it can't be...
Flameking
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Flameking »

good to see ea games is taking more responsibility on the game other than the stars. Hope to see more ea, hope to see more
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Hmm. I see we will be able to hear the crash, 500 different ways, but we wont get to see the crash...

Correct me if I am wrong but is there damage in Most Wanted? :?
korge
r34-gtr
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by r34-gtr »

i hope the engine/exhaust sounds match each car in most wanted, it would be mad to hear a lambo screaming out of your sound system. Bummer no Ferrari's :( im impressed at the scores in nfs:mw i think this will add more atmosphere and suspense to the game.

if anyone has any soundclips or as soon as u can find any soundclips of any car in the game please let me know or send to me (bekimdine@hotmail.com), not many of u realise that a game is not a game without the proper engine sounds.

a good example of good soundclips is the upcoming game on xbox360 project gotham racing 3, they have a few soundclips including a ferrari and a r34 skyline, and they sound pretty similar to the real thing

anywayz ciao
A-spec
Drift King
Drift King

Post by A-spec »

TheStig wrote:reading it pretty hard eh?

try to read what Bojan wrote?

and then try find the 2 words ... naah lets make it abit easier... lets find 1 words

LUCAS...

and only in Bojan's post...

if you find it you'll get a cookie.

in other words....there is NOTHING about George LUCAS it was a quote from him about movies in general and had NOTHING to do with Need for Speed!
I said about the actors of the police :roll: 12,000 :o

Return to “News”