Sounds in Need for Speed Most Wanted

Need for Speed Carbon News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
fuzzydice13
Stock
Stock

Most Wanted Cop dialog

Post by fuzzydice13 »

hey guys, nice to hear theres some audio fans out there! We've been working extremely hard for the past few years on the car engines, sound effects, interactive music, and Cop speech for Most Wanted. Only a few weeks to go and this thing will be out the door. Its true, there are about 12,000 lines of speech in the game (times 5 if you include the German, Italian, French, Spanish, and Japanese versions. Its fun playing the game in other languages, I love the sound of those German Cops!). Hope you enjoy the game, we had a blast making it. Please keep up those audio posts, and make sure you let us know what you think of the game once it hits the shelves!

JL
Need For Speed: Most Wanted - Audio Dept.
Vancouver, BC, Canada
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

Hey, I'm Spanish and I'm very interested on this:

Is the Spanish version (and the others...) totally translated, or are there less quantity of speech? It's important since I'm buying my language version.

Thanks.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

^Sparco^ wrote:Hey, I'm Spanish and I'm very interested on this:

Is the Spanish version (and the others...) totally translated, or are there less quantity of speech? It's important since I'm buying my language version.

Thanks.
I would have to say, get the English version.. 8)
korge
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

When I buy the game I buy the version they have... but I never install the Dutch version cause it always sucks.

simply because there are always translation errors. half the game is still in english (voices, movies etc)

it was like that with NFS U1, it was filled with translation errors and stupid translations that where directly translated. and so the original humor from the english version (word jokes... don't know what the exact word is) was completely lost in the Dutch version cause they translated the words not the meaning of the sentence.

Why have a half English half other language game... :?

I reinstalled NFS U1 later to be in english and directly installed NFS U2 in english. do the same with other games.. never choose a other language.
NFS HS I had as Scandinavian version (bought it in Norway) but luckely it also was in English.

IMO choosing a other language is a bad compromise unless you can't read/understand a word english.

Same with movies. I always watch the original language. never change it. I often do use subtittles but not always. cause with english movies I hardly read it anyway..
Other language make the movie ultra lame...

I doubt they will make a complete diffirent version for other languages like spanish, french german etc (main laguages) it will cost to much... time and money
most likely they will only change the menu language etc.
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

Spanish translators are very appreciated worldwide... specially in movies.

Games are very well translated... only little things like you said, certain words... but most of times they translate the meaning, not the literal word. NFSU1 was great, they choose the actors with the most suitable voices and make a good job.

But the question is if they are going to translate the 12,000 lines of text :roll: Hopefully yes. I won't get the English version since I wouldn't understand anything lol.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Well, I can't see why you still insist on getting the Spanish version of the game when all I see is you speaking English fluently in the forums. I don't see you having any problems with English at all...
InVzblGhst
Ricer
Ricer

Post by InVzblGhst »

Sounds awsome
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Andre_online wrote:Well, I can't see why you still insist on getting the Spanish version of the game when all I see is you speaking English fluently in the forums. I don't see you having any problems with English at all...
yeah... My thoughts exactly... it looks like your english is really good.

so Underground was completely translated? even the movies? lol...

The DVD's I got are almost always multi language I can choose the original language (most of the time english/us) spanish, italian, german french. and able to choose x number of subtitles.

I always watch it in the original language... ok sometimes when I am in a funny mood I watch it for a few minutes in for instance spanish or italian... cause it cracks me up... the voices are soooo not the person who is acting...for instance Bruce Willis talking Italian.... and James bond in german... :lol:

but he if you say you can't understand it...
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

Yeah the movies are translated aswell. What happens? I see it as a normal thing... And the voices were pretty good.

About movies, the translators are so good that many times the original version sounds crappier. Because they pick professional dudes with good voices, while the original actors don't need to have a good voice...

IMO it is obvious that they translate the game to as many languages as possible, at least to the most common ones...
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

You crack me up sparc.... really you do...

that is the funniest explanation I heard in years... actors don't need good voices... :lol:

I would love to see a James bond movie with James speaking spanish... a prototype brit speaking spanish... that's a kneeslapper really
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

I always go for the original language. I've made one exception, I installed SimCity 3000 in Swedish, and I didn't see any big mistakes. But that was 5 years ago, now I always use English (even for programs with 100% Norwegian translations). In fact, the only Norwegian programs I have now are MS Office 2000 and MSN Messenger (chose wrong language by mistake)...

And movies... I feel sorry for anyone not living in a country where subtitles are used. Subtitles are at least 1000 times better than dubbing. I even saw a Chinese movie once, with English subtitles... And even tho I couldn't understand anything of the words, the subtitles made me understand what went on anyway. Dubbing movies should be illegal... One exception tho. Animated movies like Madagascar, Finding Nemo, The Robots. Those work as translated. :D
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Currently I got a Dutch Windows, but my previous windows was English. when I reinstalled it I used the Dutch CD wich came with the comp. but didn't mind having the English version.

all my current games are in English.

like morty said, movies are best in the original language... even chinese :D. gives the best vibe to a movie
fuzzydice13
Stock
Stock

translations

Post by fuzzydice13 »

German, French, Spanish, Italian, and Japanese will be completely translated and recorded with professional voice talent, all 12,000 lines of Cop speech and in-game cinematics.

JL
Need For Speed: Audio Dept.
chuck d2
EA
EA

Post by chuck d2 »

TheStig wrote:When I buy the game I buy the version they have... but I never install the Dutch version cause it always sucks.

I doubt they will make a complete diffirent version for other languages like spanish, french german etc (main laguages) it will cost to much... time and money
most likely they will only change the menu language etc.

Hi Stig ! glad to hear you're dutch as well :)

As jesse said; all 5 main foreign languages are COMPLETELY translated and re-recorded in those languages...... but yes, I agree that the "lach-gas" translation in NFSU1 was quite funny. Vele groeten !

-charles deenen
-Sr Audio Director
-EA blackbox - NFS
baadmw
Drift King
Drift King

Post by baadmw »

ok, since i have been here less than year, is it normal that EA ppl come here and tell about their games? if it is, then ignore this, if it's not: sweeeeet 8) tell us more
chuck d2
EA
EA

Post by chuck d2 »

it's normal :) I love to stay in contact with the users/players, and get their feedback.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

And we love to have you guys here :wink:
It is always good to know that a company like EA is checking fansites like this, and gives us info and we give feedback.. back)
James31278
Banned

Post by James31278 »

toineed wrote:I'm not suprised that someone that is related to Gone in 60seconds is a part of this game and i can't wait to play!!! Where the freaking pc demo!!! I want it now !!! :twisted:

Ttoobad BT isn't in on this he could have made a Fast and the Furious like soundtrack.
krist
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by krist »

^^^
that would so rock, FnF soundtrack on a NFS game!!!
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Not my cup of tea... Not at all. You peeps are addicted to street racing... :lol:
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Re: translations

Post by ^Sparco^ »

fuzzydice13 wrote:German, French, Spanish, Italian, and Japanese will be completely translated and recorded with professional voice talent, all 12,000 lines of Cop speech and in-game cinematics.

JL
Need For Speed: Audio Dept.
Excellent! 8)

I will be glad of reviewing the sounds and voices as soon as I buy my NFSMW copy :P There are lots of people from SouthAmerica around here and some Spanish too...
Pigbenis
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Pigbenis »

Well, I guees i'll get to live with crappy translated subtitles again..

Unless..
*Piggy get's evil thoughts*

:twisted:

MWAHAHAHA!

Offtopic: I'm feeling weird today. I worn a tie today, to celebrate that my birthday is coming up in about 6 months :S

Return to “News”