Euro PC NFSMW only on DVD

Need for Speed Carbon News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Euro PC NFSMW only on DVD

Post by Bojan »

The guys over at NFS-Planet.de got confirmation from EA Germany that the european version of Need for Speed Most Wanted will only be released on a DVD. The North American version however will be CD only.
RZN
Ricer
Ricer

Post by RZN »

i guess it's always better to have a choice in any case.

but as far as i am from europe, i thank EA for DVD :wink:
YamahaATV
Drift King
Drift King

Post by YamahaATV »

Dang it I am in the america so I have to get the cds unless I want to have the euro version. That's not fair why would they just make the dvd for there and not here? it doesn't make any sense to me and I see no reasoning behind it.
Tyrant
Professional
Professional

Post by Tyrant »

Yamaha, what's the difference between 4 CD's and 1 DVD? The game will be 100% identical, and same price. :/
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Tyrant wrote:Yamaha, what's the difference between 4 CD's and 1 DVD? The game will be 100% identical, and same price. :/
The difference is that you won't have to worry about 4 CDs and during installation, you don't have to keep changing CDs. It's much simplier.

You know I don't get it, why would Europe get the DVD version. The same thing happened with UT2004, NA got stuck with 6 CDs while Europe had a single DVD. I mean, I really think NA people use more DVDs than Europeans. Just out of curiosity, how many Europeans actually do have DVD Drvies in their computers?
Pigbenis
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Pigbenis »

YamahaATV wrote:Dang it I am in the america so I have to get the cds unless I want to have the euro version. That's not fair why would they just make the dvd for there and not here? it doesn't make any sense to me and I see no reasoning behind it.
Because you had the Acura and Civic in nfsu2. And this is our payback.

MWAHAHA! :twisted:
Panda2k
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Panda2k »

2furio wrote:
Tyrant wrote: Just out of curiosity, how many Europeans actually do have DVD Drvies in their computers?
I'd say quite a lot! At least from germany westwards ... nearly none of my frieds don't have a DVD WRITER not to mension a simple DVD drive :roll:
if u buy a complete Computer (doesn't matter how simple it is) here in Europe u will have a DVD drive!

greetz from Europe! :)
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Just curious here, will the price of the DVD version gonna be slightly more costly compared to the normal CD version?
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

prices differ for each country, but I doubt they will be more expensive.

btw 2furio you act like we in europe are lagging behind norht america with techonlogy...
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

Dude, there are 4 computers in my house and 3 of them have DVD/RW unit. I mean, Europe is not Africa :roll:

A DVD reader costs about 20€.... much less than the game itself.If you dont have a DVD, buy it!

PC games cost usually 49.90€ I know it because I always buy my games!
(price is 59.90€ for consoles)

Return to “News”