No online mode in PS2 NFSMW

Need for Speed Carbon News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

No online mode in PS2 NFSMW

Post by Bojan »

Unfortunatly I have to report that the online mode has been removed from the PS2 version of Need for Speed Most Wanted. That makes PC, Xbox and Xbox360 the only platforms that will have online multiplayer mode.
Prelude
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Prelude »

I don't really bother about this new. Only the PS2 users will be a little angry. :?

BTW Bojan:Why are you "only" an unbeatable instead the webmaster???
=|Gigiani|=
Drift King
Drift King

Post by =|Gigiani|= »

Bojan...is there any reason that they remove the online version
A-spec
Drift King
Drift King

Post by A-spec »

What, That is horrable. I play a Playstation2. :cry:
weedman173
Professional
Professional

Post by weedman173 »

That sucks, online is the only good part about the game after you beat it once or twice.PS2 is the only system I have, xbox sux cause online is a membership(plus i dont have an xbox) and my pc doesnt have a good enough graphics card.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Prelude wrote:Bojan:Why are you "only" an unbeatable instead the webmaster???
:?:
:?
korge
silencestorm
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by silencestorm »

yes thats right

and for that reason im not getting it now

until I fix my graphics for my pc other than that is still cool
TheNoobofFerraris
Professional
Professional

Post by TheNoobofFerraris »

weedman173 wrote:That sucks, online is the only good part about the game after you beat it once or twice.PS2 is the only system I have, xbox sux cause online is a membership(plus i dont have an xbox) and my pc doesnt have a good enough graphics card.

:cry:

I'm with him, I only have a PS2 and my graphics aren't that well so this totally sucks. Why would they do this, this is major downfall IMO because once you beat the game online is like the best thing to do. Ea will be in for alot of complaints for doing this.

:twisted: ---- :evil:
Seems like this website is a ghost town. No longer worth a visit or anyone's time.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

at least....PC is one step up. At least PS2 now is getting forgotted, one more reason of why the PC is better.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

xturbo wrote:at least....PC is one step up. At least PS2 now is getting forgotted, one more reason of why the PC is better.
Yep.. Its going in this order

PS2 --> Xbox --> PC --> Xbox360 --> PS3

8)
korge
exonn
Professional
Professional

Post by exonn »

thanx god, i just upgraded my PC and NFSMW shuld run ok, and ONLINE game will be goodway to spend more time plaing the game. Thats the thing. i can remember a discusion on this forum about a year ago, about PC and PS or other consoles... And here it is... i was talkking that PS2 some day will be not as good as PS and youll need to have PS3 if you wana play on console, and all i'll need to do is just upgrade my PC for less than PS3 costs... and finaly am RIGHT :)
BluePhirePB
Drift King
Drift King

Post by BluePhirePB »

Ya, I just upgraded as well with 1GB of RAM and an X800XL. I don't play online all that often though - too bad for you PS2 users. :(
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

korge wrote:
xturbo wrote:at least....PC is one step up. At least PS2 now is getting forgotted, one more reason of why the PC is better.
Yep.. Its going in this order

PS2 --> Xbox --> PC --> Xbox360 --> PS3

8)
depends on how you see. it for NFS MW the line ends with the 360!

for other things I doubt the PS3 will be better then a high end PC. maybe when the PS3 is revealed... but it will soon be blown away AGAIN by the PC.. as always.

only good thing about the PS2 and PS3 that they make the GT series for it...
type.R
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by type.R »

im in shock! i cant believe this at all... this sucks
ride_until_Death
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ride_until_Death »

ugh, now for the decision if i want online or not
master m
Valued Member
Valued Member

Re: No online mode in PS2 NFSMW

Post by master m »

Bojan wrote:Unfortunatly I have to report that the online mode has been removed from the PS2 version of Need for Speed Most Wanted. That makes PC, Xbox and Xbox360 the only platforms that will have online multiplayer mode.
That must be terrible for the PS2 users, but I will play it on xbox. But won't use the online-mode. So it doesn't really matter to me 8)
silencestorm
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by silencestorm »

this is something that really got me mad

cause what the heck were they thinking at the moment

this will be a mayor down vote for nfsmw

and something i still don`t know, Bojan , is why they did it?

it should be a good and Reasonable explanation for this

other than that still sucks
Drewb99
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Drewb99 »

Source?
NFSBLUECIVIC
Professional
Professional

Post by NFSBLUECIVIC »

Like always, EA pulls some gay thing that noone likes, and once again they have more people against them, ive come to the conclusion EA sucks.
euronsu
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by euronsu »

That is disappointing I own a PS2 :evil: now I'll be getting the game on PC, and I have bad graphics in my PC which really sucks. :evil:
gearhead450
Drift King
Drift King

Post by gearhead450 »

I never wanted to accept the fact before that the PS2 was crap, but seeing how online mode has all but been castrated from this console I might as well say it...
The PS2 sucks :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :!Th Playstation 2 is more or less like a rehash of the PS1: Same retarded controller, craptacular graphics, and last but certainly not least Absolutely no online support whatsoever. Much like the all but dead Nintendo Gamecube, a game, let alone a console with no online capabalities will become a $50-170 paperweight. To think that I myself was pro Playstation up until now is all but laughable to PC users and Xbox owners, all but laughable.
Don't get me wrong, there have been exceptionly awesome titles created for the PS2 (fyi; God of War, Zone of the Enders: The Second Runner, and of course the soon to be released Shadow of Colossus) but take into account how long it takes to understand the software before making a game becomes even possible, which also leads me to my next target of frustration.
Take a look at the PS3 and compare it with the previous two generations: Same goofy ass controller now made even worse with the boomerang style. Still no hard drive support which means your going to have a godforsaken amount of memory cards strewn about your house which in turn is going to cost $40 to $50 dollars just to get one. And the fact that no one has said a single damn thing about custom soundtracks yet leads me to believe that there is none!
SO given the circumstances that I may soon turn my PS2 into 12 gauge shotgun fodder, I, as of now am going PC proactive, forever. :) :twisted:
Last edited by gearhead450 on 14 Oct 2005, 07:59, edited 1 time in total.
"Go anywhere, Go anywhere fast, Go anywhere fast looking like a damn pimp."
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

I really wonder how many of you actually would play the game online!
if it will be as many as in U2.... then barely anyone will miss the function of online mode on any console or PC... cause onlinemode for U2 was dead from the beginning!

U1 had a big following online... U2 did not.
I think I played U2 2 times online and discovered that there was NO ONE there!

Ever thought that maybe online mode would be to hard for the PS2? that they had to downgrade the game to make it smoothly playeble online...

Just do jump into conclusions when you don't know the facts... and you don't know the reason and the product itself!
The Gravedigger
Professional
Professional

Post by The Gravedigger »

Nicely put Stig.... I personally have never liked playing any game online

you have far too much worry about other users choking your game... said users cheating or using glitches to their advantage (lesser form of cheating)

at least when you do a LAN game... you only have to worry about is the other person screwing your racing line up... or perhaps them doing it on purpose
gearhead450
Drift King
Drift King

Post by gearhead450 »

Hmm...now that I think about it, there weren't many PS2 games online for UG2. I myself tried it once and found it to be crap. Half the time people didn't even want to race and instead opted to performing 'glitching' as they call it inside therace track. Overall I can at least hope the graphics will be ok...
"Go anywhere, Go anywhere fast, Go anywhere fast looking like a damn pimp."
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

TheStig wrote: I think I played U2 2 times online and discovered that there was NO ONE there!
I have been playing NFSU2 online in the past few months... and I noticed that everyone (That is approximately 50 People) are always online about 10:00pm to 6:00am my time (GMT +10). This is real handy, cause I have to stay up at 2 in the Morning just to have afew short races (which often fail to connect) :roll: . But overall it's damn good fun when it does work... just abit disappointed that NFSMW does not have these online features.

But oh well... PS3 is coming soon :P

Return to “News”