NFSMW PC video

Need for Speed Carbon News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
gordo212000
Ricer
Ricer

Post by gordo212000 »

YAy i just got a 7800 GT OC so no prob here o pc at 2.3 so ill do good. 8) and if anyone has any info on a demo PM me please. :!:
silentracer
Ricer
Ricer

Post by silentracer »

Hey guys, I'm very sorry about the ICQ sounds, but at the beginning I had problems with the connection speed and I had to find a server without lags. At first all servers were full and I thought I wouldn't find a server yet, so I didn't stop my ICQ discussions. But suddenly I found a good server an the discussions were still active ..

The sounds can be heared only in the first part of the first video. I hope that's excusable :)

B2T:
The cops in the videos are easy to shake off, because the driver (Felix) play the game at easy difficulty and at the beginning off career (5% or the like). No fear about .. the PS2 Demo prove the good skills of the cops in many cases. ;)

I'm glad about the good graphics of the game - also without a SM3 and HDR able graphicscards (the x800Pro which is used in the video isn't able to HDR and SM3). For example the lighteffects or the like.

32 cars are more than of NFSU2 (I think ~25 cars at UG2) .. the promises about 100 cars are rubbish anyway. The newest carlist comprised 40 cars (including a car of the black edition) and I think thats the final number. You have to allow that the played Game is still at Alpha status.

Overall I think the videos are fun and give insights in the game - also if don't understand the comments, they were anyway rubbish - so don't worry about. :)
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

The videos were so good imo, thanks to you :wink:
D-O2G
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by D-O2G »

the link doesn't work 4 me!? any help?
silentracer
Ricer
Ricer

Post by silentracer »

Oh, its removed I note .. sorry, I'm not the admin of the server. Maybe the traffic was too large .. I can't contact the admin now, I'll try it later.

If anyone have enough space he can upload it for me. It would be great!
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

I will try to let Bojan upload it on our server, maybe early tomorrow cause he is not here right now.
silentracer
Ricer
Ricer

Post by silentracer »

That would be great - thanks!

I've checked out the reason:
The admin says that the traffic was over 70GB in 24 hours. Thats a lot, but not the reason .. he says that some silly guys had delete files from the server and added other senseless files- its ftp and the password and login stands in the URL. So the admin had blocked the entry and I can upload files no longer. But also if I can do this I wouldn't do it .. the ftp is shiznit, because anyone can enter the server and edit files.
imprt_tunrz
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by imprt_tunrz »

...so is there any way we can watch it? (i soooo want to)
silencestorm
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by silencestorm »

yes i want to see that video man

but the link is not working
Saeidi
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Saeidi »

The link says that I need a password?!?!?!?! Please help me! :(
Mai 31 - Eine Revolution Der Geschwindigkeit Kommt!
Neues Need For Speed Verkündet!
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

I told Bojan about it, he will probably upload it tonight when he goes to work.
silentracer
Ricer
Ricer

Post by silentracer »

I've found a way to upload it now. Someone from an other forum gave me a possibility to do this .. I hope the server is powerful:

http://www.suxxs-gaming.de/m_tree/GigaMW.rar

The file will be in 15 minutes complete uploaded.
Saeidi
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Saeidi »

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH! I can download it now! 8)
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

nvidia and ati

Post by ^Sparco^ »

2furio wrote:
Bladerforce wrote:I'm very sorry... I was talking with silentracer while he recorded the first video :lol:

btw: Skyline_man, can you please correct the specifications? I was wrong - they used a computer with a 3.2GHz P4 CPU, an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro and 1GB Ram... I'm very sorry for that mistake :wink:
I don't know how ATI cards work but for those who know Nvidia and ATI cards, how does an Nvidia Geforce FX5600 at 256 mb compare to the ATI Radeon 9800 Pro. I mean is it better or worse and how far off is it?
The ATI Radeon 9800 Pro owns big time the Gforce FX 5600 which is a crappy gfx card. It's slighty better than my FX5200...

Another tip, the amount of memory (128mb, 256mb, 512mb...) is normally irrelevant, there are a lot of important parameters apart of that.

Those gfx card models are semi-old (about year 2003) and ATI used to own nvidia.

Nowadays gfx cards are leaded by nvidia and its 7800GTX.
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Re: nvidia and ati

Post by 2furio »

^Sparco^ wrote:
2furio wrote:
Bladerforce wrote:I'm very sorry... I was talking with silentracer while he recorded the first video :lol:

btw: Skyline_man, can you please correct the specifications? I was wrong - they used a computer with a 3.2GHz P4 CPU, an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro and 1GB Ram... I'm very sorry for that mistake :wink:
I don't know how ATI cards work but for those who know Nvidia and ATI cards, how does an Nvidia Geforce FX5600 at 256 mb compare to the ATI Radeon 9800 Pro. I mean is it better or worse and how far off is it?
The ATI Radeon 9800 Pro owns big time the Gforce FX 5600 which is a crappy gfx card. It's slighty better than my FX5200...
I wouldn't say that. The FX5600 is a fairly good card and as far as I understood, it is the FX5200 that is crappy which is only slightly better than the 4/MX. And video memory is very important, especially with newer games such as FEAR, Quake 4 and other which have high res textures that must be decompressed during play.

What's the Nvidia equivalent of the Radeon 9800 Pro?
Saeidi
Drift King
Drift King

Re: nvidia and ati

Post by Saeidi »

2furio wrote: What's the Nvidia equivalent of the Radeon 9800 Pro?
I don't really know. But I do believe that it might be a 5700 or a 6200. Something around that area! NOT the 6800. That one is great. Talking about GFX, nVidia owns ATi. SLi beats Crossfire!!!
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

I didn't think that ATI had managed to make Crossfire work yet? Although I am a couple of months behind in my reading of PCPlus magazine at the moment; just been too busy :)

Last thing I heard was that ATI wanted to make Crossfire work with dissimilar cards, whereas SLI only works with two cards exactly the same?
Saeidi
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Saeidi »

Two 7800 GTX's and SLi Technology combined with Athlon FX - 57 and 4 GB of RAM and you have yourself a Powerhouse "Mitochondrion"!!!! :lol:
D-O2G
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by D-O2G »

is ati radoen 9800 pro better than geforce 6600 gt?!
Saeidi
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Saeidi »

No way. 8)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

I have uploaded the video to our servers. You can download it herE:
http://www.edgefiles.com/files/20855.html
silentracer
Ricer
Ricer

Post by silentracer »

Saeidi wrote:Two 7800 GTX's and SLi Technology combined with Athlon FX - 57 and 4 GB of RAM and you have yourself a Powerhouse "Mitochondrion"!!!! :lol:
My CPU is faster than a FX-57 and costs ~250$. I've 2GB of RAM at 250MHz (DDR500) and Dual Channel and a x800GTO @XT PE. So you see - it mustn't be the most expensive hardware to have enough performance for games. I think the only harm of my video card is no SM3 und no HDR. But as you can see in the Giga videos the graphics at Most Wanted are great also without HDR.

4GB RAM is problematical at nearly every current A64 Config. The problem are the numbe of RAm chips. for 4GB you need 4 RAM headers. 4*2*8 chips = 64 chips, each with 512MBit Memory.

And NFS needed and needs not much RAM. 512MB was enough for NFSU2 and I think 1GB is enough for Most Wanted. And 2GB is enough for every current game. 4GB RAM is senseless ..

SLi makes no sense in nearly every way. Its expensive and the performance of one 7800GTX is enough for nearly every game.

Btw: Click the first link in my sig to see my system ;)

Return to “News”