Finally NFSMW PC Demo

Need for Speed Carbon News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)

Postby Felixkissa » 12 Nov 2005, 20:35

2furio wrote:
Felixkissa wrote:I'm playing it 20 - 30 fps and got no problems. doesn't lag, atleast too much.


Sorry if you've mentioned before, but what video card do you have?


haven't mentioned in this topic, so it's x800pro 256mb with omegadriver 2.6.42 (500/500MHz).

settings for the demo are: res 1280x1024 with everything maxed and on except vsync, over bright and visual treatment.

but my point was that with 20-30 fps it's really playable. I tried using 1600x1200 but the fps went below 20 and that was too low.

EDIT:

@cluchmaster: it's your GFX-card. It doesn't support all the possible options.
Image
User avatar
Felixkissa
Drift King
Drift King
 
Posts: 612
Joined: 28 Dec 2003, 03:16
Location: Finland

Postby Schumifreak » 12 Nov 2005, 20:54

I've got a FX5900XT 128MB and I can run the game smoothly at medium settings. Shame it doesn't fully support DirectX 9.0c, so I'm thinking about ordering a 6600GT or something :)
User avatar
Schumifreak
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged
 
Posts: 126
Joined: 28 Oct 2004, 19:29
Location: The Netherlands

Postby RZN » 12 Nov 2005, 21:51

my party goes on ATI Radeon 9600 Series, 128 and res 1240x1024 is working quite well in medium level of details. here is some nice pics, for those, who still don't gave a demo 8)

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
RZN
Ricer
Ricer
 
Posts: 35
Joined: 15 May 2005, 16:11
Location: Lithuania

Postby gordo212000 » 12 Nov 2005, 22:42

Some more of what im seeing.....what a demo...o one more thing expand them to the full size.
Attachments
Untitled-1111.jpg
Untitled-111.jpg
Untitled-11.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg
User avatar
gordo212000
Ricer
Ricer
 
Posts: 18
Joined: 18 Nov 2004, 03:30

Postby xturbo » 13 Nov 2005, 00:19

finally i returned...do you want to know how many hours i had been playing the demo?

well: 15 hours!!!!

ok, i have my final review of the game:

OK!, emmm....first of all, the demo is a RAM high demand, since i have 256 ram, the game goes smooothly in max detail. ok, what else? emm....I wonder if EA is going to put more GRAPHICAL OPTIONS. i don't know if i have it all: Rain Splatter -ON-, Visual Treatment -ON-, Over bright -ON-, and the other options are at MAX BUT atialising is off and world detail at medium. i have a RX9550 RADEON 256ram and 128 bit core, and it's smoothlier than U2!!!!

Well, why EA don't put the EA game TRAX on the menu??? big mistake.....ok, you can skip the songs with the T key, but they should put TRAX menu. OK, and the songs are cool. The INTERACTIVE MUSIC....is going to be the only pursuit music??? because i love the pursuit music of some videos like the bustedmode.mov or other that are posted on nfs-planet.de or IGN. I hope that interactive music from the demo isn't the only one. and sometimes, the game has some BUGS, but are few...ok.....i'll post more things and screens if i can.

i want that interative music from bustedmode.mov movie and the other ones!!!!!!!!!!
User avatar
xturbo
Professional
Professional
 
Posts: 2293
Joined: 24 Aug 2005, 19:42
Location: Chile

Postby 2furio » 13 Nov 2005, 01:08

Ok, I just bought a new BFG GeForce 6600 GT OC and I am having major trouble with Most Wanted. When I get in the game, during the race, I get like little green flashes and they become more and more as I play longer. Anyone know what's up with this?
User avatar
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member
 
Posts: 2589
Joined: 04 Jun 2004, 19:41
Location: Romania

Postby Felixkissa » 13 Nov 2005, 01:25

Is it overclocked? do you have the latest drivers? do other games work fine?
Image
User avatar
Felixkissa
Drift King
Drift King
 
Posts: 612
Joined: 28 Dec 2003, 03:16
Location: Finland

Postby Skyline_man » 13 Nov 2005, 01:51

2furio wrote:Ok, I just bought a new BFG GeForce 6600 GT OC and I am having major trouble with Most Wanted. When I get in the game, during the race, I get like little green flashes and they become more and more as I play longer. Anyone know what's up with this?

Do you have latest drivers installed ? ,another thing, maybe you should reinstall your windows.
Image
User avatar
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff
 
Posts: 3075
Joined: 15 Jan 2004, 11:54
Location: Egypt

Postby 2furio » 13 Nov 2005, 04:04

OK, I've tried the video card on two separate computers, with standard drivers and latest drivers and I'm getting the same problem. This doesn't happen on all the games, I've played UT04, worked fine, MW Demo, problems, re-installed NFS UG2, same problem.

The video card is overclocked but that's how it came BFG cards come over-clocked and you can't change it.

Called BFG, couldn't help me at all. Tomorrow I'm going back to return the video card. The store polcy says you can return defective items for a full refund and this is a f***ing major defect. Stupid card made me waste time and money. I guess there's nothing better than my trusty ol' FX5600.
User avatar
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member
 
Posts: 2589
Joined: 04 Jun 2004, 19:41
Location: Romania

Postby Chaplam1113 » 13 Nov 2005, 10:03

OMG my computer sucks.

98SE with Nvidia Geforce 2 Mx 400

Intel Processor Pentium 4, 256 MB Ram

Everything else, i've updated it the furthest my computer will allow me.

Do you think i can run the demo?
Chaplam1113
Stock
Stock
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 23 Jun 2004, 02:14

Postby baadmw » 13 Nov 2005, 10:26

Chaplam1113 wrote:OMG my computer sucks.

98SE with Nvidia Geforce 2 Mx 400

Intel Processor Pentium 4, 256 MB Ram

Everything else, i've updated it the furthest my computer will allow me.

Do you think i can run the demo?

does that 98SE in the beginning of your post mean win98? if yes then no, you wont be able to play it, it can be played only on 2k professional and xp home and professional
User avatar
baadmw
Drift King
Drift King
 
Posts: 942
Joined: 12 Feb 2005, 18:26
Location: Helsinki Finland

Postby StreekG » 13 Nov 2005, 11:00

Yes this demo is awesome, i love driving the Viper around, great fun
And got awesome performance on the Celeron, can't wait to play it on my new computer, the full version that is... seeing as i probly won't get Black Edition on the PS2, stupid EA
User avatar
StreekG
Drift King
Drift King
 
Posts: 271
Joined: 22 Jan 2004, 10:05
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Postby Schumifreak » 13 Nov 2005, 11:03

2furio wrote:OK, I've tried the video card on two separate computers, with standard drivers and latest drivers and I'm getting the same problem. This doesn't happen on all the games, I've played UT04, worked fine, MW Demo, problems, re-installed NFS UG2, same problem.

The video card is overclocked but that's how it came BFG cards come over-clocked and you can't change it.

Called BFG, couldn't help me at all. Tomorrow I'm going back to return the video card. The store polcy says you can return defective items for a full refund and this is a f***ing major defect. Stupid card made me waste time and money. I guess there's nothing better than my trusty ol' FX5600.

The problem you mentioned earlier sounds quite familiar to me. I had a problem in UG2 with coloured flashes with my 5900XT. It might be your SM-controller. Visit the site of your motherboard-manufacturer and install the latest driver for you SM-controller, it worked for me.
User avatar
Schumifreak
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged
 
Posts: 126
Joined: 28 Oct 2004, 19:29
Location: The Netherlands

Postby Felixkissa » 13 Nov 2005, 12:45

Schumifreak wrote:
2furio wrote:OK, I've tried the video card on two separate computers, with standard drivers and latest drivers and I'm getting the same problem. This doesn't happen on all the games, I've played UT04, worked fine, MW Demo, problems, re-installed NFS UG2, same problem.

The video card is overclocked but that's how it came BFG cards come over-clocked and you can't change it.

Called BFG, couldn't help me at all. Tomorrow I'm going back to return the video card. The store polcy says you can return defective items for a full refund and this is a f***ing major defect. Stupid card made me waste time and money. I guess there's nothing better than my trusty ol' FX5600.

The problem you mentioned earlier sounds quite familiar to me. I had a problem in UG2 with coloured flashes with my 5900XT. It might be your SM-controller. Visit the site of your motherboard-manufacturer and install the latest driver for you SM-controller, it worked for me.


what's SM-controller?

I think it's coz the overclocking. Based on my own experiences overclocking the memory too much can cause errors in gfx without hanging up.

another thing. Isn't UT an openGL based game as the NFS's are Direct-X based. Now my point is that NVIDIA cards have always been better with openGL based gfx than with Direct-X based(with ATI it's the other way around). So I would think that if there would be any problems coz of overclocking they would occur first in Direct-X based gfx.

just a thought tho.

and sorry for getting off topic

EDIT: I mean Direct3D not Direct-X
Image
User avatar
Felixkissa
Drift King
Drift King
 
Posts: 612
Joined: 28 Dec 2003, 03:16
Location: Finland

Postby korge » 13 Nov 2005, 14:37

2furio wrote:I'm probably going to get an Nvidia 6600 just for this game. It's only about 140 bucks.


Thats what Ive got. Still, my gfx run buggy. I need a faster processor though.

For some reason, MotionBlur and OverBrightness are flashing and sometimes it can be very annoying. i have no idea wth is doing it. :roll:
korge
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable
 
Posts: 5932
Joined: 09 Apr 2004, 20:37
Location: nfsunlimited.net

Postby PSZeTa » 13 Nov 2005, 14:48

xturbo wrote:finally i returned...do you want to know how many hours i had been playing the demo?

well: 15 hours!!!!


WTH..

xturbo wrote:OK!, emmm....first of all, the demo is a RAM high demand, since i have 256 ram, the game goes smooothly in max detail.


Demands a lot of RAM? And you show up with your 256MB? That's nothing.

xturbo wrote:and the other options are at MAX BUT atialising is off and world detail at medium. i have a RX9550 RADEON 256ram and 128 bit core, and it's smoothlier than U2!!!!


Though I want to say that you should try running full Anti Aliasing. All the others don't require a lot of graphics card punch.

xturbo wrote:Well, why EA don't put the EA game TRAX on the menu??? big mistake.....ok, you can skip the songs with the T key, but they should put TRAX menu. OK, and the songs are cool.
"

Maybe it's in the final version?

korge wrote:Thats what Ive got. Still, my gfx run buggy. I need a faster processor though.


A faster processor will only give you a few more frames per second, it's not an important issue.

Unless you have a Celeron or something. :\
Image
User avatar
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable
 
Posts: 4123
Joined: 07 Feb 2004, 19:26
Location: 30-12-1900

Postby Schumifreak » 13 Nov 2005, 14:57

SM controller stands for System Management controller, which is responsible for the management of your system. If you don't have the correct drivers installed, the several components of your PC may not be able to communicate well. It can even cause system errors, like it did at my PC. Sometimes I got the blue screen saying nv4_display.dll wasn't working correctly. Since I have the right driver installed, I haven't seen the blue screen a single time and I can play UG2 without the coloured flashes.
User avatar
Schumifreak
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged
 
Posts: 126
Joined: 28 Oct 2004, 19:29
Location: The Netherlands

Postby 2furio » 13 Nov 2005, 16:33

My first impression was that because my power supply is so loud when the second fan kicks, I thought the video card was sensible to vibrations, etc. So I tried the video card on my dad's computer which is a server computer and while it doesn't happen immediately, I still get the green flashing rectangles.

But yesterday, another problem popped up. I was thinking maybe it's the old monitors, so I hooked up the computer with the 6600 GT to my LCD TV through VGA and after you see the Windows XP loading screen, the display becomes black and never gets in Windows. You might say there is a problem with the TV, well I quickly switched to a previous video card (Quadro FX600) and no problems.

It really sucks I have to return it. Most Wanted looks awesome on full details.
User avatar
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member
 
Posts: 2589
Joined: 04 Jun 2004, 19:41
Location: Romania

Postby Felixkissa » 13 Nov 2005, 18:28

Schumifreak wrote:SM controller stands for System Management controller, which is responsible for the management of your system. If you don't have the correct drivers installed, the several components of your PC may not be able to communicate well. It can even cause system errors, like it did at my PC. Sometimes I got the blue screen saying nv4_display.dll wasn't working correctly. Since I have the right driver installed, I haven't seen the blue screen a single time and I can play UG2 without the coloured flashes.


ok, I guess it means the chipset drivers something like the VIA 4 in 1 package. the SM controller name was unfamiliar for me.
Image
User avatar
Felixkissa
Drift King
Drift King
 
Posts: 612
Joined: 28 Dec 2003, 03:16
Location: Finland

Postby samurilos » 14 Nov 2005, 06:26

Only prob i have with the demo which i hope will be be fixed in the full version is that once i turn up shadow, the shadow looks pixelated ingame for sum reason, so i just play with shadow turned right down, i tried every possible setting and still gettin pixelated shadow but its no biggy to play the game without it as there are still sum lower detail shadowing which looks aight.Then again i might need to update my video driver.

My specs
-9800pro 128
-512ddr400
-AMD 64 3200+ socket 754

I can max out my video card settings
And ingame settings @ reso-800x600
Shadow way down
AA 1 notch up
Everything else max

And get average 30-33fps, minor lags sumtimes and it looks sweet

NOTE-U have to click pics over 800x600 reso to see them properly
Heres sum pics after they come up on imageshack.

Pontiac Roadblock
Image
Image
Image
Viper
Image
Porsche
Image
Image
Mustang
Image

Pixilated graphics prob
Image
User avatar
samurilos
Drift King
Drift King
 
Posts: 366
Joined: 23 Apr 2004, 19:02
Location: Somewhere out there

Postby TheStig » 14 Nov 2005, 08:21

guys please don't use this as your post the sceenshot topic!
we got topic for that.
Image
User avatar
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff
 
Posts: 8738
Joined: 30 Jan 2004, 02:40
Location: The Netherlands

Postby samurilos » 14 Nov 2005, 13:31

No prob Stig, srry for wasting the space.
User avatar
samurilos
Drift King
Drift King
 
Posts: 366
Joined: 23 Apr 2004, 19:02
Location: Somewhere out there

Postby InSidiousGG » 14 Nov 2005, 16:59

Any chances of extracting the music out from the demo..??

haha...

Man, the music is awesome.. :)
InSidiousGG
Ricer
Ricer
 
Posts: 16
Joined: 16 Dec 2004, 10:32
Location: SINGAPORE

Previous

Return to News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests