NFSMW XBOX 360 review

Need for Speed Carbon News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

NFSMW XBOX 360 review

Post by Skyline_man »

Totalgames.net reviewed the XBOX 360 version of NFSMW giving it 78/100.
If you have a real need for speed then the only place you'll find it here is on the box, but on every other level Most Wanted is still an accomplished and entertaining racer. It does look and feel like a game that is finding its feet on the 360.
Read the whole review here.
SliM_880
Professional
Professional

Post by SliM_880 »

wtf?
ppl dont seem to like MW that much - 78%?? Thats not that good... (i always get more than that on my exams :lol: )
oh well i dont care- i love it :)

Thanx 4 the update Skyline_man
BluePhirePB
Drift King
Drift King

Post by BluePhirePB »

Wow, that was harsh!! Why is the guy comparing MW with PGR3 - they're different genres! That's like comparing F-ZERO with the GT series.
Pigbenis
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Pigbenis »

SliM_880 wrote:wtf?
ppl dont seem to like MW that much - 78%?? Thats not that good...
78/100 = 7,8/10

7,8/10 = 8/10

8/10 = Very Good
The Flying Dragon
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by The Flying Dragon »

i hate reviews with biased oppinions, this is one perfect example...the reviewer is comparing it with Forza and PGR3, later on with Burnout and thenMidnight Club 3 ?!? wot the hell...you are reviewing NFSMW..not any other game...pissing me off readigt tthis review..Most irratiating thing about this review is the guys grammer and use of english, its so childish for a review...can't they get a professional reviewer to do this rahter then a 10 yr old boy? :wink:

Its true that the visual might not be what you expect of a next gen console(xbox 360) but hey...EA shows they dont like xbox..so shame..because i hate xbox 8)

shiznit review....one shiznit one.
Tyrant
Professional
Professional

Post by Tyrant »

Wow, today I played MW on Xbox 360. AWESOME GRAPHICS! Damn, it's beautiful. The PS2 version was prettug ugly btw. Very pixalized etc. I think's its right to compare it to PGR3, because they both come on the same platform. Personally, I think PGR3 is muuch better. Even better graphics! But the 7,8 is right, I think the game is not good. PGR3 all the way

(BTW, I played the 2 complete games, so I've got something to base my opinion on :P)
RavenGT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by RavenGT »

Hey guys, snap snap. Here's something to consider. Have you guys ever noticed that NFS Most Wanted is a CURRENT GENERATION game, and Gotham 3 is a NEXT GENERATION game?

Smart thinking, guys.
M@r!n0
Drift King
Drift King

Post by M@r!n0 »

offtopic :arrow: could u please tell me how much is an xbox 360??i haven't seen it in Romania so i'm thinking to preorder one
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

M@r!n0 wrote:offtopic :arrow: could u please tell me how much is an xbox 360??i haven't seen it in Romania so i'm thinking to preorder one
Last time I went to Romania (July 2005), I didn't even see PS2/Xbox, good luck finding X360. It will be hard to find it here in Canada. (Even though I think X360 is garbage, I know it will be a hit until the people who dumped 600 bucks realize it is garbage)

EDIT:
So the basic X360 is 400 CDN, which is 10,410,000 ROL (1041 RON)
The bundle with the HDTV stuff is 500 CDN, which is 13,000,000 ROL (1300 RON)
And since it's Romania and stuff from outside the country coming in are more expensive, expect the basic one to be 1500 RON and the bundle one close to 2000 RON.
krist
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by krist »

Sweet romanian people, welll i'm bulgarian and ive been there its pretty cool...anyway Asif "If you have the need for speed you'll only get it on the box* seriosly get ******* a PC will always out do a console, and next week i'm gettin a Driving Force Pro (with right drivers BOOM works on comp on my HD 1080i TV) beat that Xbox!

And personally dont expect so much from the next gen, the graphics would be something like triple 7800GTX's and will get outdated in probably 5 months :roll:
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

It doesnt matter what the reviews say. If you like the game, you will buy it. I am preferably getting MW for the PC and Xbox 360 next month. 8)
korge
Drewb99
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Drewb99 »

The Flying Dragon wrote:i hate reviews with biased oppinions, this is one perfect example...the reviewer is comparing it with Forza and PGR3, later on with Burnout and thenMidnight Club 3 ?!? wot the hell...you are reviewing NFSMW..not any other game...pissing me off readigt tthis review..Most irratiating thing about this review is the guys grammer and use of english, its so childish for a review...can't they get a professional reviewer to do this rahter then a 10 yr old boy? :wink:

Its true that the visual might not be what you expect of a next gen console(xbox 360) but hey...EA shows they dont like xbox..so shame..because i hate xbox 8)

The point of a review is to see if it's better or worse than other offerings, quite frankly NFSMW's pretty boring when you're not in a police chase. It doesn't do the best job it could as an arcade racer, the engine hasn't changed since NFSU. It'l get compared to the games coming out for Xbox 360 and others because, oh snapple, that's when it's coming out.
The Flying Dragon
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Drewb99 wrote:
The Flying Dragon wrote:i hate reviews with biased oppinions, this is one perfect example...the reviewer is comparing it with Forza and PGR3, later on with Burnout and thenMidnight Club 3 ?!? wot the hell...you are reviewing NFSMW..not any other game...pissing me off readigt tthis review..Most irratiating thing about this review is the guys grammer and use of english, its so childish for a review...can't they get a professional reviewer to do this rahter then a 10 yr old boy? :wink:

The point of a review is to see if it's better or worse than other offerings, quite frankly NFSMW's pretty boring when you're not in a police chase. It doesn't do the best job it could as an arcade racer, the engine hasn't changed since NFSU. It'l get compared to the games coming out for Xbox 360 and others because, oh snapple, that's when it's coming out.
I know..but as some guy said after me..that Most Wanted is for the current generation console..so I guess it is ok for the review to critise it being average for a next gen console. Neverless, EA just wants to make money thats why they cant be arsed to make more improvemtns for the XBOX 360 version.. :?
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

So true guys. I just relized, Quick Race is so boring. The only fun thing to do is the police races..
korge
BluePhirePB
Drift King
Drift King

Post by BluePhirePB »

korge wrote:So true guys. I just relized, Quick Race is so boring. The only fun thing to do is the police races..
But there are police in races in the actual game though.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

NFS MW is a hard game come compare, I don't know any racing game that is mainly based on police chases.
yeah maybe the GFX you can compare but you can't compare in terms of gameplay or handling with games like Forza or PGR for the 360.
and even with the GFX you can't really compare it, why? the NFS series always had a diffirent view on the world, the game world is made to create a feeling, not just to make it super realistic. They made MW in a fall scenery and kinda grey to create a certain feeling, style.

I doubt some people even know how much computing power a huge city with all it's details needs.
EA did put more effort in the 360 version, it is even slightly better then a maxxed out PC version. wich is already pretty damn impressive if you see the lightning effects and small details on seperate stuff laying around on the ground (garbage, shoppingkartsyou name it) all details that are left behind on the current gen consoles (atleast what I know from the PS2 version)

a game like forza and if I am not mistaken PGR also is a fixed track racing game.
so they only have to create details for the part on and directly around the tracks and nothing more, not a miles wide world. so they can put all the details and special gfx on a fairly small world.
and don't forget that added AI like alot of cops (there are even more cops chasing you in the 360 version at 1 given time) and the competition and traffic. you can see that pretty clearly in the FPS on the PC version for most PCs the framerate will drop like 10 fps if there are alot of cops chasing you
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

TheStig wrote: and don't forget that added AI like alot of cops (there are even more cops chasing you in the 360 version at 1 given time) and the competition and traffic. you can see that pretty clearly in the FPS on the PC version for most PCs the framerate will drop like 10 fps if there are alot of cops chasing you
Didnt happen to me. The only time FPS dropped was when the scene transefered to a different section of the city. Cops were never a problem on the CPU.
korge
SliM_880
Professional
Professional

Post by SliM_880 »

Pigbenis wrote:
SliM_880 wrote:wtf?
ppl dont seem to like MW that much - 78%?? Thats not that good...
78/100 = 7,8/10

7,8/10 = 8/10

8/10 = Very Good
WOW man hold on... Most wanted is supposed to get at least an 8.5 ...
8 is kind of good for some games, but for MW, hehe, no way its a 78%

MW has the cops bak, cool cars, n all tha other stuff.... NO WAY A 78%
samurilos
Drift King
Drift King

Post by samurilos »

I agree with most of what stig said, about the cops, i'm playin at practically max @800x600 and cops dun dro my fps, i do have fps drops but its not cuz of cops and it drops to like low 20s.

Anyway that review did sound a bit biased. I think interms of gameplay EA achieved what they aimed for and i like it, the quick races got boring obviously if u only have a option of 3 demo races, cop chases are cool though especially when driving in manual(more challenge when end having to stop and move off again).

The bullet time effect is radically nice, motion blurr effect is decent as far as i'm concerned on the pc and to think xbox360 has better graphics(must be amazing).

When i drove outta that autbahn, the sun light almost blinded me, sum real superb lighting effects(HDR technology i guess)
Tyrant
Professional
Professional

Post by Tyrant »

RavenGT wrote:Hey guys, snap snap. Here's something to consider. Have you guys ever noticed that NFS Most Wanted is a CURRENT GENERATION game, and Gotham 3 is a NEXT GENERATION game?

Smart thinking, guys.
Why? They both appear on X360. :/
The Flying Dragon
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

i think EA wants to make their games for every single platform out ther RIGHT now..and it seems to be the case..unless I'm mistaken..and the majority of these consoles is the current gen while only XOB 360 is the next gen.
M@r!n0
Drift King
Drift King

Post by M@r!n0 »

so x box360 graphics are better than pc graphics?
samurilos
Drift King
Drift King

Post by samurilos »

@M@r!n0
Well i think xbox 360 has a lil edge over pc in the graphics department.

In the end though it all comes down to the fact that nfsmw will make mills
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

hey friends i have a trouble with NFS MW demo, so where i can post this message?? is about a error message that appears SOMETIMES or NEVER, but i'm getting worried about this because maybe is my PC wrong orr what the hell!??? i don't know please help me!!! i will show you a pic of this error, but tell me where i post this screen???
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

M@r!n0 wrote:so x box360 graphics are better than pc graphics?
For now yes, but I doubt they will be in 1 year.
korge

Return to “News”