NFSMW Patch 1.3

Need for Speed Carbon News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Cpt.Razkit
Professional
Professional

Post by Cpt.Razkit »

I dont even get the time to play, so im going to wait for a while to get this update..
king_crimson
Stock
Stock

Post by king_crimson »

rudomundo wrote:Tell you what, I'm not buying this game until they fix the stutter. Totally ruins the game. OK, its only a 6800nu, 1 GB ram and a lousy Athlon XP 2400+, but I don't have any other games that have a problem with it. It is not my system. The game is broke.
Hmm.... thats weird. I have the same CPU... Athlon XP 2400+ and only 512 MB of ram but the game runs absolutely beautiful. i have a radeon 8500 video card, btw.

no stutter at all, just smooth, fast graphics. even on this shiznit old video card!
DrunkDriver
Stock
Stock

Post by DrunkDriver »

The cursor dissapears only when you enter the map, then go back - the cursor is gone... :) So if you don't want to loose your cursor, simply don't enter the map in game menu. This issue is not fixed in 1.3 patch.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

The numerical keys is not usable... I tried it in the game, pressing numbers 6, 4, 3, and 9... All aren't usable for accessing sub-menus. Help me out...
M@r!n0
Drift King
Drift King

Post by M@r!n0 »

to acces sub-menus i use 9 and 0..hope it works for you too
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

I sometimes have the same problem with stutter the game freezes for a sec and then lags forwards and suddenly it goes back to normal, most of the times I exit to the menu or savehouse and that solves it (takes a long time to get back to the savehouse (pauze menu is really slow then)

my specs are: 2.1 ghz (clockspeed) 512 mb ram and a ATI 9800 XT I noticed that MW uses ALOT of RAM, taskmanager says it is using over 700 MB when running MW, I have to shut down every single thing inlcuding as much almost everything in the system tray to free as much RAM for MW.

I think I have to buy some more ram (a other block of 512) hope that fixes it... but I hope EA makes a fix for it also (and for the shadows cause that SUCKS!
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Heh, before I patched the game, it never crashed on me. Now, I can't even have a 7+ min pursuit... In about 3 hours of gameplay, it crashed around 5 times.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Are you having that debug error?
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

i never have these problems that pcs have.
hey, is there downloadable things for ps2?
The Gravedigger
Professional
Professional

Post by The Gravedigger »

One word answer....... no
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Fishwhiz wrote:i never have these problems that pcs have.
That's because you're on console... :roll:
Mr. NOS
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Mr. NOS »

I patched the game and the interior of the car is in black yet :( the problem is cause my nfs is the black edition?

sorry for bad english
RenoVado
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by RenoVado »

Andre_online wrote:This is truly disappointing... A big company makes a huge game with huge screw-ups in it. :|
in realality dude you downloaded the EU patch when in fact you needed the US patch.. EA found out the error and pulled the first release and re released it with both in one...

first patch was 1.3 650
second patch is 1.3 700 (which is below here)

happy downloading...

http://www.metalcommandos.com/nfsmw/dow ... tch1.3.exe
James31278
Banned

Post by James31278 »

This is a USELESS patch.
RenoVado
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by RenoVado »

im running it now with no problems. :arrow:

actually the game is alot harder.....wtf? :arrow:
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Mr. NOS wrote:I patched the game and the interior of the car is in black yet :( the problem is cause my nfs is the black edition?
It isn't called the BLACK edition for noting!
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

RenoVado wrote:
Andre_online wrote:This is truly disappointing... A big company makes a huge game with huge screw-ups in it. :|
in realality dude you downloaded the EU patch when in fact you needed the US patch.. EA found out the error and pulled the first release and re released it with both in one...

first patch was 1.3 650
second patch is 1.3 700 (which is below here)

happy downloading...

http://www.metalcommandos.com/nfsmw/dow ... tch1.3.exe
How did you know about this?
Victory
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Victory »

so it is a yes/no to patch to 1.3..coz..i havent patch it yet...mine still 1.2....-_-
enzo.ph
Drift King
Drift King

Post by enzo.ph »

i still have the 1.2 version coz i never had any prob... I already finished the game and my pc never crashed even once.

I haven't tried playing online but so far i don't think i might need this patch yet. As they say if ain't broke why bother fixing it.

specs: 3.4Ghz HT, 2 GIG RAM (dual channel), 6800 (pipes unlock). You need a lot of RAM for this game...
Stead
Ricer
Ricer

NFS needing alot of ram?

Post by Stead »

hrmm, well i'm trying to figure out if theres any point downloading the 1.3 version if its only the multiplayer affected, i'm having wierd slowdowns well, like every 10 seconds or so it jumps slightly, i think someone else posted it, now i'd like to say its a simple problem but i don't have any other trouble wiht any other game, at first i thought it was my graphics card (x800gt) but then i see that people play this fine on a radeon 8500...

also i've noticed the game runs much better in windows 64bit, i get hardly any stuttering, okay there is some, but very rarely and you don't notice it.

my spec

dual core P4 2.8
1gig dual channel ram
x800gt

p.s. i have virtual memory disabled, nfs runs fine
Sharpshot
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Sharpshot »

well to add to this i have a good setup apart from gfx card, which isnt all that bad tbh...i have a 6600GT arriving today and a new sound card so it should run on max resolution with no slowdown...

currently i run at 800x600 and the detail bar around halfway down, obviously the new gfx card will allow me to run at very high resolution, and im patching it to 1.3 now will post if i get problems.

when i first installed the game i had slowdown for around 1 sec as has been said previously, but i lowered the graphics and resolution and now it works fine.

Spec:Pentium 4 HT 3.4Ghz, 2GB dual channel corsair RAM, 250GB HDD and radeon 9550. (which changes to 6600GT soon) :)
windonthebeach
Stock
Stock

Stuttering and slow downs

Post by windonthebeach »

If your having the dreaded slow down and stuttering I have away to stop this.

If you have more than 1.5Gb of Ram you can turn off the swap file.

Right click "My Computer" choose "Properties" then "Advanced" >"Settings" >"Advanced" then look for virtual memory and click "Change" check "No paging file" and click "Set" Click Ok and restart your PC.

This works because NFSMW is very RAM intensive but only utilizes a small amount of system ram and then the swap file which is on the hardrive. If you have no swap file then it forces NFSMW to use all your System Ram there but cutting out the time delay to read from the hard drive. Defrag you hardrive too, when was the last time you did that??

If you have less then 1.5GB of ram you might run into problems of you burning CD whilst playing the game but then why do that! you can always change it back if it causes you problems.

I run NFSMW on a 1.2Ghz Athalon XP with a Geforce MX440 128Mb card! and all the eye candy switched on with no stuttering. FPS is 40 average.

If you want to know why, I hate being forced to upgrade everytime a new game comes out that requires the best hardware.

Have fun.
Sharpshot
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Sharpshot »

how do you check your fps in NFSMW? i know for other games just not this..
windonthebeach
Stock
Stock

Post by windonthebeach »

I use Fraps go here

http://www.fraps.com/
Sharpshot
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Sharpshot »

thanks alot!:D

Return to “News”