NFSU2 Demo Finally Here!

Need for Speed Underground 2 News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
jobo9
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by jobo9 »

I used the mod, it was kinda boring actualy...
The cars where not as bad looking as the original ones, but preformance-wise they sucked (stock)
The only had bodykits, and one had 2 subs in the back :P
Only the 350Z is tuned...
The Yellow/green/red/silver 350Z's are just gone...
Cdnalsi
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Cdnalsi »

Dear, arushan, please do SEARCH THE DAMN TORRENTS, and/or IRC packets sites :)
You'll see that the file/mod was created by the well known group DEViANCE.
So please don't act so childish, and if you are the one and the same "ralfy"
who contacted me this morning saying that the file cannot be distributed without explicit EA approval, well, HAHA to you my friend.
Piracy will be anytime and everywhere, so if you really wanna make a difference, contact DEViANCE.

Cheers!
blitzkrieg1110
Ricer
Ricer

Post by blitzkrieg1110 »

HAHAHA nice one!!! :D
Cdnalsi
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Cdnalsi »

some other examples:

--URL REMOVED-- (you find them)

Please, at least do a google search "infiniti g35 NFS demo" before posting such acusations :)
Last edited by Cdnalsi on 02 Nov 2004, 21:04, edited 1 time in total.
Tyrant
Professional
Professional

Post by Tyrant »

Lol, I just noticed the 350Z has no mirrors. I'm talking about the mod.
Cdnalsi
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Cdnalsi »

loool
I didn't notice that :)
ralfy
Stock
Stock

Post by ralfy »

Cdnalsi, i'm not arushan.
Cdnalsi
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Cdnalsi »

okay then, sorry about that :)
arushan
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by arushan »

Cdnalsi, for your information, DEVIANCE did not make that. If they did, I would have to be a part of DEVIANCE, and I sure as hell don't support piracy of any kind.

You want proof I made that mod?
The same G35 with NOS:
http://aru.nd4spdworld.com/pic/g35_1.jpg
http://aru.nd4spdworld.com/pic/g35_2.jpg
http://aru.nd4spdworld.com/pic/g35_3.jpg

That file was never meant to be published, since it contains copyrighted code. A small program to patch the original file is okay. But the entire file goes against many copyright laws.
jobo9
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by jobo9 »

Hmmm, im interested...
How did u do it? Where all the files for the G35 and all those bosykits in the demo files????
And why didnt u install some things like doors/sound insallations etc.?
And why didnt u 'release' the patch with tuned cars?
Tyrant
Professional
Professional

Post by Tyrant »

Yeah, I'm wondering that too.
Cdnalsi
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Cdnalsi »

^^ my questions exactly...

And, arushan, I downloaded the file from a p2p server, and you can check all the underground search engines, the internet is FULL of your NFSU2 demo mod.

At the end of the day, I really don't care who made the mod. What I downloaded said "DEViANCE". Now if you say YOU made it, with proof and all that, then I guess we now have who to thank.

As for the leak, skit happens!
Tyrant
Professional
Professional

Post by Tyrant »

^ Agrees. If you make a mod, put it on Internet, and it's good, it will be in no time on a lot nfs-pages..;)
arushan
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by arushan »

If the mod was made to be released, I will do that with proper packaging, etc. Simply put, this one wasn't made to be released. After all this, I dont see the point in releasing the newer version anyway -- it's performance is somewhat better than the other 350Zs provided, and it wont be entirely fair for other online players.
Cdnalsi
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Cdnalsi »

arushan wrote:That file was never meant to be published, since it contains copyrighted code. A small program to patch the original file is okay. But the entire file goes against many copyright laws.
Actually it isn't okay to publish even a tiny bit of modification of the product in the end...
I mean, you can temper with the code (when you have the skills) but never re-distribute anything modified.

So why do it then? if not to be re-distributed? if not to brag about it?
I'm very curios....
Cdnalsi
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Cdnalsi »

oh, i didn't see your post coz i was posting...
So you're saying you are not going to release it anymore?
jobo9
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by jobo9 »

arushan wrote:If the mod was made to be released, I will do that with proper packaging, etc. Simply put, this one wasn't made to be released. After all this, I dont see the point in releasing the newer version anyway -- it's performance is somewhat better than the other 350Zs provided, and it wont be entirely fair for other online players.
So you've got guts enough to mess with the game and ignore copyrights, and on the other u'r feeling sorry for the other online players... doensnt make sence...
And I also want to know, how did u make it? Are the cars in the dir of the demo? can u do it with the skyline?
BrianOconnor
Ricer
Ricer

Post by BrianOconnor »

joablo wrote:thx guys... the Car Specialities shop is located at the big "s curve" :wink:
ummmm what s curve, show a screenshot of the radar dawg.. and is there like a icon outside or is it like hidden? and do u gotta unlock anything in free roam in the demo to get stuff or what
blitzkrieg1110
Ricer
Ricer

Post by blitzkrieg1110 »

its by the 3 tight curves in a row, also known as an "S" curve lol. and yes the store has a yellow spotlight shining onto the road. when you follow the short road back you can enter the shop.
arushan
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by arushan »

Cdnalsi wrote:Actually it isn't okay to publish even a tiny bit of modification of the product in the end...
I mean, you can temper with the code (when you have the skills) but never re-distribute anything modified.

So why do it then? if not to be re-distributed? if not to brag about it?
I'm very curios....
Why? Look at the older NFS games before NFSU... you'll see the amount of community mods available for them. That globalb.lzc file was just made as a byproduct of research into how the game works internally in order to add our own cars into the game. Some trustworthy people on the #nfs channel got it to play around with, but apparently one wasnt trustworthy enough.
jobo9 wrote:So you've got guts enough to mess with the game and ignore copyrights, and on the other u'r feeling sorry for the other online players... doensnt make sence...
And I also want to know, how did u make it? Are the cars in the dir of the demo? can u do it with the skyline?
Enough guts to mess with a game -- perhaps... I've messed with every NFS game since TNFS. Infact, most people know me for messing with NFS PU, HP2 and U.

How would I be ignoring copyrights if I did not release it? If it never got leaked, if I never admitted I made it... then this thing never did exist!

I don't feel sorry for other players... it's an issue of what is right and what is wrong. Having an unfair advantage is wrong. Do you feel otherwise?

It was made primarily by copying some exisitng data and overwriting it on top of the demo car data. You might end up seeing the new cars available in the final game ;).

The cars are in the /cars directory of the demo. I have 'half' a skyline, since the hash codes for the skyline model aren't readily available.
blitzkrieg1110
Ricer
Ricer

Post by blitzkrieg1110 »

any new demo "mods" that you can make would be greatly appreciated arushin :) you were the one who has kept me interested in the demo for a little longer. i started feeling like i was gonna go insane just driving the 4 350zs they give ya.
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Ok girlies, we are all mature here so lets stop acting like wussies.
arushin, Cdnalsi tried to help out fellow members and he took the crack off a site that mentioned another author and it is not his fault he didn't know who the original creator was so stop acting so childish
Cdnalsi, you should have posted the creator of the crack or site that you have gotten the crack from.
This is not illegal, there have been a lot of other cracks before, including changing your name in the demo and turning off the intro screen. They are small tweaks to improve everyone's lives. This was nothing more than a mere changed file.
Yeah, probably what I said has been repeated before but it seems people still act like small children around here. :roll:
PowerSandro
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by PowerSandro »

yeah... and anyone send me the file that I asked before.... CarLot01.bin
is in the folder FRONTEND\PLATFORMS\CarLot01.bin
can someone send that to my e-mail? vieirinha@gmail.com
blitzkrieg1110
Ricer
Ricer

Post by blitzkrieg1110 »

its all sent man, hope it helps ya, but be prepared to wait its 3.6mb lol