Carlist differences in NFSU2

Need for Speed Underground 2 News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Sp1tF1r3
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Sp1tF1r3 »

exactly, still cant figure out how will the 2 versions be compatible online :|
cluchmaster
Ricer
Ricer

Post by cluchmaster »

Ok, i wrote an e-mail to Eagames on the e-mail provided by Schumito amd i hope they do make a patch to add the Civic and RSX to the European version of the game.....
Two Versions that is down right stupid, and as other people said before i wonder how are we going to play online with people from Amercia??
Imagin driveing a Corsa and the other people see it as an RSX!!! :wink:
SchuMito
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by SchuMito »

Well, EA didn't make good decisions but they aren't stupid! It is practicaly impossible to compare an RSX with a 106! I think they will figure out something for online play!
Sp1tF1r3
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Sp1tF1r3 »

I hope so...
SchuMito
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by SchuMito »

So let us hope, and pray :) We'll get a confirmation as the game is running inside our PC!
Maverick2K4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Maverick2K4 »

Well, it's too late to add in the cars, the game has already gone gold. Nothin' we can do now except for the Euro players to make a hack patch to add in the Corsa and the 106 to the US version and the US players to make a hack patch to add in the Civic and Integra DC5 (RSX) to the Euro version. I'm sure somebody will be able to pull that off.
NightmareDemon
Ricer
Ricer

Post by NightmareDemon »

Apparently my post went unnoticed because nothing has been said about my post at all. The games will be compatible, because the opel and the peugot will be on the American Version, just like the two Honda's will be on the European Version. We just won't be able to use the European cars on the American version and vice versa. All that will be needed will be a CB code or a GS code to unlock those cars for the corresponding version. We will just have to talk with the coders at CB and GS to see if they can find it and "exploit" it as they would say. If we won't be able to play against people using the european version, that really limits the NFSU2 gaming field to a minimum number of people for both versions, so i believe both sets will be on both versions of the game for compatibility reasons, or they have come up with a way where we won't be able to use the hondas online and they won't be able to use the european cars online, but i seriously doubt that beacuse that will seriously suck. Like i said in my last post. If there is a way, then the coders at CB will definitely find it.
LoTuX
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by LoTuX »

NightmareDemon is just right, I think they we''l do the same as the demo, skyline, 240sx and g35 are there but no one can use them.
But the g35 can now be used and that will happen in the full game too.
Just hope they don't remove any car this time.
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Why does it say it's the US version when in fact it's the North American version? Canada, US and Mexico all get the same version. It's been like that for High Stakes, Hot Pursuit 2 and others. This is discrimination. :?
Schumifreak
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Schumifreak »

Yes it is! It looks like EA thinks that the people outside North America prefer 2 little hatchbacks above 2 very cool Japanese tuner cars, well I DON'T!!! I'm not saying that the 106 and Corsa are crap, but the Civic and RSX are much better IMHO.
Last edited by Schumifreak on 09 Nov 2004, 23:42, edited 1 time in total.
NightmareDemon
Ricer
Ricer

Post by NightmareDemon »

As I was saying in my previous post. I don't think that will happen. Because for the simple fact that the car and everything for the car will be there. Just the coding to make the car active in the game will be taken out. It CAN be found. Just look at Gran Turismo 3 for example. The Japanese version of the game had that Diablo GT that wasn't available to the other versions of the game. But look what happened. Coders picked at the game long enough they found the code to unlock the GT in all non-japanese versions of the game. I myself know this because it was a break-through for me and my friends when we were able to start hybriding cars just like we did on GT2 and GT1. The Diablo Gt was a stepping stone to the coding of the game. After it was figured out, stuff starting rolling out like crazy. Cars that were not even supposed to the available to the public on ALL version starting coming out., and MANY, MANY more things. IT was ridiculous how much stuff was hitting the GTH hybrid forum that i went to. It was going so fast we were running around going crazy trying to keep up with everything. Now as far as replacing other cars, i can't guarantee that part. They may have to replace the two "hondas" they are talking about in order for the european cars to work. But i'm not placing any bets on that. because there may be a way to make all of them available, and the only way to make them available may be having to replace the two exclusive American cars. So who knows, only time will tell.
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

I really can't believe that some of you guys are SURPRISED that EA f***ed up - they have always produced the games that THEY want to give us, and not what we have asked for! Otherwise there would be like 500 cars in both versions and not just the pathetic 30.

And why would they bother locking certain cars in certain regions? I can't understand their thinking there. The UK is crawling with Civics (not true for the RSX, however).

Now, I'm not worried about the lack of the Civic as it isn't the Type R - IMHO the Civic in NFSU1 sucked big time anyway. However, I will miss the RSX as it was my favourite drag car. They should seriously remove the 106 Granny Mobile and give us the Civic Type R.

But, and for me, this is one Mother of a BIG BUT, I'm GLAD we're getting the Corsa - I love that little car. Just as long as it is the 1.8 SRi or 1.4 SXi and not the lame 1.0litre 3 cylinder...
Schumifreak
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Schumifreak »

I wouldn't be too sure about that :?
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

I hope it is changeble!

I know I will get the US version but I would like to have the euro cars!
I use the PC version so I hope there will be a patch for it soon!
(by EA or anyone who can do it!)

cause the list is pretty pathetic IMO! like we don't have civics here... OK we don't have the acura but in the UK you can get the Japanese version the Integra Type R!!!
Sweet-16
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweet-16 »

if i were yo uguys, i wouldn't mind the corsa or 106. i've seen a riced 106 before and it was tight. tho the engine was small, the car was a show all on it's own. as for the little corsa i wouldn't know. but i'm a civic fan and am pleased we have it, but i'm sure there will be hackers and coders that will figure out a way to give you guys the two jap tuners. just play the game with those 2 cars and see if you like them or not. you can't just say it's bad that those cars are in tehre just cause you don't like them. give it a shot, then if you don't like how they are, wait an see if a hacker makes the honda and acura cars available to you guys.
BluePhirePB
Drift King
Drift King

Post by BluePhirePB »

Damasta641 wrote:what about the NSX and S2000??????? :(
Ya, that was my question.
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Ok, so if you want the Civic and RSX get the North American version (NOTE: NOT US :x ) and if you want the others, get the International version but what really pisses me off is that the rumours of the S2000 and the NSX being in the game were false!!!! I mean how could EA not put them in?? S2000 is a major import car and the NSX is also very tunable. The S2000 was shown in early sketches and I believe the NSX has been shown in an early PS2 demo. This is false advertising!!!! :x Someone sue quickly.!! :twisted:

EDIT: Also, the Acura Integra was shown in a concept art but is it in the game?? NOOOOOO......CAUSE THOSE STUPID PPL AT EA GAMES DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE IMPORT SCENE....just a couple of wanna-be's.. :?
Last edited by 2furio on 10 Nov 2004, 00:30, edited 1 time in total.
barracuda7110
Ricer
Ricer

Post by barracuda7110 »

The easiest way to fix a bug with different cars in american and european version is not allowing players to use them in multiplayer. Only in single... :?

Ea just f***ed it incredibly. They gave us two shopping carts instead of nice ones :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
100% dissapointed :/
Sp1tF1r3
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Sp1tF1r3 »

Yeah I think I saw some screens with S2000's in the first pics of the game.

I cant believe they took it out in the process or just "made up" those pics :(
keiri
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by keiri »

...has anyone thought about "secret" cars in the game? You know, ones you can unlock after certain races (or the entire game) are beaten? We had the "artist" cars in UG1; so what if they did away with those and you could unlock the NSX or S2000 in that manner...

...it's a possiblity.

Keiri
C8H10N4HO2O2
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Winnipeg, MB, Canada (Yes I live in an Igloo, moron)

Post by C8H10N4HO2O2 »

I said it before in another post but it still makes me wonder.
I wonder how the different cars for different regions is going to work with online play?

If you're in the UK can you only race with people from the UK and likewise for North Americans etc.?

Or does that leave another tidbit to Cr4c|<50r in order to get all of the cars from all regions?
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

Here's just some (not very good!) examples of what you can do to a Corsa.

I quite like the black one, C2RSA

http://mypage.bluewin.ch/corsa/corsaB_tuning2.htm

And this one is just 'king crazy!

http://racing.webcindario.com/fotos/ope ... tunero.jpg

And maybe the barmiest of the lot!

http://membres.lycos.fr/opelcorsa/image ... ck-up3.jpg

edited the site to the NORMAL site not the Google Rendered SITE
now we can view all the text on this page in one view :wink:
the stig
C8H10N4HO2O2
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Winnipeg, MB, Canada (Yes I live in an Igloo, moron)

Post by C8H10N4HO2O2 »

That second 1 is overkill I think but cool I guess.

Ouch on that LOOOONG URL.
Last edited by C8H10N4HO2O2 on 10 Nov 2004, 01:27, edited 3 times in total.
Sp1tF1r3
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Sp1tF1r3 »

keiri wrote:...has anyone thought about "secret" cars in the game? You know, ones you can unlock after certain races (or the entire game) are beaten? We had the "artist" cars in UG1; so what if they did away with those and you could unlock the NSX or S2000 in that manner...

...it's a possiblity.

Keiri
I just wish that idea was true, but I think that if the cars are not part of the car list, they dont happear during the game :| (in my opinion, hope I wish I am wrong :P)

If you remember, the cars you unlocked in the NFSU were cars you already had but with "special" vynils
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

People from both countries will be looking for hacked version of the other country, as soon as the game is out. EA can't seriously think that people will buy both versions just for 2 extra cars... So ironically, they will encourage piracy. [sarcasm]Good thinking[/sarcasm]

Return to “News”