NFSU2 Survey

Need for Speed Underground 2 News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

NFSU2 Survey

Post by Bojan »

EA is doing a survey on Need for Speed Underground here.
Go answer all the questions and help them to make the next NFS game better.
SchuMito
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by SchuMito »

I think it is a need for speed underground 3!
BluePhirePB
Drift King
Drift King

Post by BluePhirePB »

Ya, I got the impression too. They're probably considering old school muscle cars too.
SchuMito
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by SchuMito »

If they do not put real tuner cars I get ty!
Wolrajh
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Wolrajh »

It's nice tio have a chance to say what we think about a game and even what we think could have been better, and be heard :) Well I hope they will read all I wrote. But I agree it looks like a NFSU3 is possibly being considered by EA... Not a bad thing if they 'tune' their game so it could keep the benefits of the to two others without the bugs and other illogical things. We can still dream :)
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

Completed.

-I complained about the abstract/ugly body kits in nfsu2, and rated the game with 3points.
-Asked for polices and daylight.
-Choosed the Muscle Cars possibility.
-Choosed the 1974 Pontiac Firebird, the 1968 Camaro SS and the Viper :P

My impression is that the next game will be a Muscle car game.
Your impressions are that it will be a UG3 because you were asked more UG related questions.

You surely choosed that you like Customizing cars, you like Import cars, you liked very much nfsu2.... etc.
I was asked for muscle cars questions cause I said nfsu2 sucks and I like muscle cars :P
master m
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by master m »

I don't want a Muscle-car game, i want to RICE :)

Improvements of the game:

- Interior upgrades (and an Interior-view)
- Cops
- Bodykits that exist for real (eg Veilside, Bomex, Blitz, Wings West, Dimma, Ecosse, Top Secret, ...)
- More cars (NSX, civic, S2000, ...)
- More Euro-cars (Citroen Saxo, BWM M3, Renault,..)
- Better ending
- More realistic performance upgrades (more than 600bhp, like 1000+ bhp maximum)
- Going of-track (Behind buildings, in buildings, over the fences, in the grass and on mountains)
-Different variety in sound effects and music
-Bigger city
-Day racing as well as night racing
- Being able to play your own cd's in the game (Xbox)
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

Uhh too many things you ask for.

I go for realistic things: They won't add every feature in the world in a game. So I choose those I consider more important, or different from nfsu1/nfsu2.

Muscles+polices is a good combination. Previous HotPursuit games were Exotics+polices.

and.... a Hot Pursuit is needed each 3years: nfs3, nfs6, nfs9 :D
master m
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by master m »

well, you can always try as many things as possible.

You never know :)
ProDigital
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ProDigital »

Man, i should've participated.
I sent this entire text to EA Black Box just yesterday, so too bad the survey ended.
Attachments
The True Need For Speed.doc
Read it, my vision on NFS
(39 KiB) Downloaded 1014 times
Wolrajh
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Wolrajh »

A true interior view, that's something I totally forgot although I would really like to have one... I also forgot day races.
But I still asked for a way much better IA, a TRUE storyline, cops in a certain extent, traffic in online play, etc...
I rated NFSUG2 with 6 points and give a lot of bad thoughs, including the multiplayer (especially LAN which is so hard to set up that it suks big time), and the obvious bad taste at designing body parts.

A Need for Speed : Hot Pursuit Underground could prove to be really fun for a last Underground license, before either returning to the primary concept of the NFS series (exotic/expensive cars) or proposing a brand new gameplay ;) Maybe they should make a Underground from time to time then, like the HP...

Edit : I just read ProDigital Doc file.It makes a lot of sense, really, and I can't agree more with him. Maybe on just one point I have to say something :)
When you talk about visual customization. Having only a few parts is not really that exciting. It would sound more like a weak and unmotived attempt at injecting customization in the game than like a true interesting feature. At that point they should better throw it off. Otherwise it would only be like all of these games that pretend to feature an in-depth customisation mode but when you play it, you only find that you can change the color of the eyes and choose between 3 or 4 poor textured faces for your main character! Nah, it would really sounds too cheap. Or maybe they could put some real-life parts instead of their custom-designed parts, and enough of them to allow a true personnal customisation of you car. That's something I always liked in the nfsU series, after all. If one have horrible tastes, well, he will race with a clowny car. Why not, after all?
Now I understand that if they go with what you're suggesting, the development of such a game, with that many parts, would take forever. The question every NFS fan should ask himself for the next NFS game is : Do I want a WELL DONE Underground game, or do I want a back to the roots game ?
To tune or not to tune, here is the question 8)
ProDigital
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ProDigital »

They can lose visual tuning if it means no damage model for all i care.
But if you remember, PU allowed you to choose between some rims (they were textures though), and you had different bumpers on some cars also.
And development time, well EA really released the three latest NFS fast, U1 & U2 were each developed in about one year, so they seem to be pretty solid on this, unlike Valve for example. But really, think of NFS6, if that game had had 1 more year of development, it would've come pretty close to what I want. So long(er) development time isn't a bad thing if renders results.
barracuda7110
Ricer
Ricer

Post by barracuda7110 »

Survey has ended... great :?
100% dissapointed :/
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

damn to late... is it me or was this a really short survey has ended
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

EA was probably tired of all of the complaints. :P
They thought Underground 2 was going to please a lot of people but turned out it didn't. :P
jemc
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by jemc »

2furio wrote:EA was probably tired of all of the complaints. :P
lol :lol: that could be one of the reasons :P
hammerspeed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by hammerspeed »

They should have a NFS that has muscal cars, excotics, and imports. That would be awsome. Also, they should have more then 1 city to explore. They should call the next NFS game NFS Revolution.
moe42
Ricer
Ricer

Post by moe42 »

To what that guy asked about a well done underground or back to roots game i would say a mix of both. I played nfs since nfs:3 hout pursuit. I loved it and that made me love the rest of the series. Nfs : pu was awsome. High Stakes was kind of like a remake of nfs : 3. It was ok. Then came NFS : 6. I loved it. The helicopters comin and blowin you up. The race tracks were great to. When Underground came out I got excited , but when i played it I was like wtf is this?!? I like import tuners, but the idea EA had about the "streets" was way off. I couldn't tune as much as I wanted. U2 wasn't any different. Besides not every street race is at night. My uncle drags in the morning so EA can't say otherwise.The NFS series has died. Whatever happened to the exotic cars like the corvette or the lambos and porsche's? If the could do a game wich had the best of both worlds like hammerhead said i bet profits would go through the roof and many nfs fans everywhere will be satisfied.
thunderbolt
Drift King
Drift King

Post by thunderbolt »

i have to disagree there, true, EA should put more of a mix of cars into their games, but let the exotics be with the exotics and improts be as imports. i don't think that the different class car companies will like being mixed with each other anyway, there are also some companies that are harder to get licences from (like honda), so while i like the idea of more cars, you cant expect EA to go up to both the exotic and imports companies and go "hey there we're gonna be putting you both in the same game, how do you like that eh?" they'd probably slam the doors in EA's face for even suggesting to mix cheaper tuner cars with expensive european ones. the exotic companies are probably even gonna be more pissed if they agree and they see their cars being kicked around in the game by well tuned imports. its not gonna happen.
hammerspeed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by hammerspeed »

Well MC3 has a mix of imports, exotics, muscle cars and even motor cycles. So y does EA make a game like that. Hell, I even saw a Maclaren F1 GTR racing a motor bike in one of the screen shots. Plus, none of the motor companies like Honda, Toyota, or Mishu wont mind if there are exotics in the game cuz there have been street races between an escotic and a tricked out import.
thunderbolt
Drift King
Drift King

Post by thunderbolt »

since when does MC outstrip NFSU in popularity and quality?
yes, i agree that there are games like that. but they will never attain the level of support that the NFS series has picked up. EA is just too big for that. besides, we all know that MC3 is just rockstar's way of shooting down NFSU2 from the top of the ladder. they would never have thought that before the original NFSU came out. i don't know whether its me, but i'd never like to see an exotic in a street race, theyre too high class for that. besides, you cant compare a game that hasnt even been released with one that has been out for just under a month, rockstar has the coming in late advantage, but they will never replace NFSU2. the limit is already stretched at muscle cars and import tuners. styling is what the game is all about as well as tuning. exotics cannot be riced and who in their right minds would want to tune one? muscle cars can be tuned properly to give good performance and are a part of the street scene (even though they cant really be riced).but exotics are not(more for rich upper class people i reckon). i'll put motorcycles on the maybe list though.
ProDigital
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ProDigital »

So remind me again what's sooo much more fun about imports than exotics ?
Wolrajh
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Wolrajh »

I'd say that exotic ARE actually racing and dragging in real life in the streets... I saw videos reporting accident in broad day in the the streets of.. LA I think, and the cars involved in the crash which was fatal for one of the driver and a poor guy who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time were a Corvette and a Diablo. (the corvette was labelled LUV2XLR8 :p)
I also saw drags between some Viper and Diablo. And last there is that serie, Getaway in xxxxx. I don't know what this is exactly, but it look slike some totally illegal racing in a city. I don't remember what cars are involved there though.

Now it's not in my little city of northern France that I can see exotic cars in the streets, the best there is are Celicas because there is a Toyota factory near. People here tends to tune Peugeot 105 and old horrible looking cars. Well there was that Impreza one time, but I never saw it again ;)
Ghostjeuh
Stock
Stock

Post by Ghostjeuh »

Her in the west of Belgium we dont see much tuned cars either. But mixing exotic cars and muscle cars aint a good idea like Hammerspeed said. It could be nice if you have bikes in the game and not only cars.
p_p_l_
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by p_p_l_ »

i Think that NFS PU was the best and a underground 3 would be kinda boring because its not good to make 3 games that are almost the same
and a game with exotics would be good again there are too much
tuning games right now

Return to “News”