NFSU2 Survey

Need for Speed Underground 2 News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
ProDigital
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ProDigital »

Totally right. credibility of EA would go down the drain if they made NFSU3.
And to prove that exotics can be tuned:

http://www.importspeedmagazine.com/feat ... che930.htm

Really what would you prefer, a tuned, 4-banging import, or this fine example of deutsche tätkraft ?

Also, if you think of tuning/import races, ala FnF, than think of a real life event like GumBall 3000, or Kim Schmitz' [url=htp://www.ultimaterally.com]Ultimate Rally[/url], where there actually is racing at speeds over 300 kmph (hell, an Ultima GT even entered), which seems more exciting to you ?
moe42
Ricer
Ricer

Post by moe42 »

To what the other guys said about exotics not in street drags those guys are wrong. My friends father drives a lambo diablo. The best thing about it is it's not riced up like the guys he drags against. The only thing he changed in that car was a black window tint that you would usually see in limo's, or the taxi cabs.
thunderbolt
Drift King
Drift King

Post by thunderbolt »

yes, some of you maybe right, but think, if you had an exotic would you actually risk trashing it in the streets? i am talking about this from an average income earning point of view.
the only reason EA made a game with imports only was so that it would fit in with their customisation features for the entire game and not just for the imports section. just think, the number of stars for visual rating and all that would be down the drain if you had to put in exotics and muscle cars, or they would have to set up an entirely new system for the ratings of cars. import cars are all about visual as well as performance customisation, not just weighted on one side of the scale. they are the perfect way of expression. personally, i'd be pissed if i knew someone online who has the same colour mclaren f1 as i did with no other particular visuals to put on.
so @ ProDigital: i would really prefer an import thats tuned and riced properly. but thats my opinion, i have no problems with what other people think of this.
@ moe42: there is really no ricing to speak of when you talk about exotics apart from the aforementioned, window tinting and maybe a few vinyls (which i wouldnt put on a diablo BTW :P)

EDIT: so in short, i'm saying, stop bagging EA, whats done is done, we should all be glad that there was even a survey put up by them and i think they've tolerated enough of our complaints, no game is perfect and we shouldn't expect one that is.
ProDigital
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ProDigital »

Man, I really don't see you tuner guys way of thinking.
You say racing imports is better because no-one can afford exotics ? Please, as I said in my letter games are escapism (fleeing reality), you immerse yourself in something you never would be able to do otherwise, something just a distant dream. You'll probably have a tuned car later in your life, you'll probably race it in stupid darg races in your neighbourhood,... But almost all of us won't have an exotic and race all over the world with it.
And who are you to say that tuning imports looks better than exotics ? Exotics were built with looks in mind, while imports are just everyday use cars. And most visual tuning i see going on, is plain tasteless.

And 'stop bagging EA' ? Why, if no-one steps up for his opinion, or defends what he thinks is right, then where is this world going ?
thunderbolt
Drift King
Drift King

Post by thunderbolt »

since when did i say exotics look sh*t? i think that they'd look better than the best riced imports anyday. and as i said, thats my opinion, i don't see why you want to have a go at it but...thats not my problem. everyone is entitled to their own opinion, i'm not trying to impress it upon everybody here.
we can bag EA as much as we want, but at the end of the day, we will always get far from what we want because we'll always be expecting that much from them and wanting more.
no NFS game is ever going to satisfy all gamers ever. thats what i'm trying to say.

EDIT: @ ProDigital, i've read your file and other posts, i respect what you've got to say and i don't hate exotics, it's just my view that they won't mix well with imports in a game, i've played previous versions of NFS as well and i loved them.
EA's idea of turning to imports may be due to a change in their tack. i mean, there are imprt fans out there who want an NFSU3 which you or me won't like because even i think that EA did do a poor job on 1 and 2. but then i think that people would have gotten sick of only having exotics in the series over and over. EA tried to variate the series and it hasn't come off well for them.
however could you cut the imports some slack dude? theyre not that bad when riced up properly and not over the top like EA has them made out to be. there are some great imports out there. take the toyota supra, mazda rx7, subaru impreza wrx, mitsubishi eclipse and evo honda nsx and even hyundai tiburon. if you don't like them, it's not my business to make you, but can you stop treading on all my posts regarding my preference for imports?
Last edited by thunderbolt on 13 Dec 2004, 10:53, edited 2 times in total.
Dragstarrr
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Dragstarrr »

Those who want Bikes in the game of NFS 9 ,GO BUY Midnight Club III will be out soon...im dissapointed with results of NFS underground 2. And i heard news tht EA blackbox canada is already workin on nfs9 called NFS evolution ! Sounds gr8 to me, they may make it a NFS classic which means no more tuning stuff :( And i also recieved a email frm EA games askin bout ideas on there nxt game since im a member of ea i recieve emails regularly. 8) ........bye
ProDigital
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ProDigital »

@Dragstarrrr:
That's amazing !!! NFS Evolution, that's exactly the title I had in mind for the game I described !!

@Thunderbolt:
I apologize for being so irritated, but you, as well as anyone else, should see that NFSU is a crowd-pleaser, it's basically the game version of the Fast and the Furious. They let quality slip just to sell to all those little kids (just like my brother) who'll say FnF is the best car movie ever.
Of course imports are fun and stuff, but I do that myself in my daily life (I have a motorcycle, not old enough for car yet). What i want is a game that allows me to actually do the stuff I dream of (I really do wanna compete in Gumball and Ultimate rally one day), not some exageration of car tuning.
thunderbolt
Drift King
Drift King

Post by thunderbolt »

thats alright then...
i know what you mean when you say that you want a game that lets you do the stuff of your dreams. thats something i hope for as well. :)
you are right, all EA have tried to do is implement FnF into a game without thinking through the stuff properly. mybe they should have taken a bit more time.
perhaps i may have liked it that little bit more if it wasnt for the repeated mistakes in NFSU2 that they had in NFSU1. plus a bit more mistakes of it's own :?
but as you also say, EA has to appeal to a wider age bracket so the more knowlegdeable of us will never be completley satisfied with any game they churn out. especially with this community's extensive knowledge of cars :P

well thats that then i reckon :wink: i didnt really mean for this this to break into an all out imports/exotics argument
ProDigital
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ProDigital »

Glad we agree :)
Flameking
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Flameking »

omg. The survey is over. Only took 2 days. thats a rip. *boo* lol. j/k

it should have been longer.
generallee01
Ricer
Ricer

Post by generallee01 »

BluePhirePB wrote:Ya, I got the impression too. They're probably considering old school muscle cars too.
Damn i hope so, and the land should be as big in GTA San Andreas too. I'd love to see a charger and some mustangs
jnry3
Ricer
Ricer

Post by jnry3 »

Survey's over... oh well... here's what I had in mind for a sequel:

1. Damage modelling -- I missed NFS Porsche because the sequels never gave back the feeling of "oh s**t!" every time you slam a wall.

2. Car category fusion -- They've fused in SUV's in NFSU2, and gave us a little taste of muscle, so why not let the true musclecars and exotics in? Sure, four-bangers are "achievable" in our lifetime, but would it be more fun to collect more expensive toys?

3. A real economy -- NFSU1 sucked because despite overflowing credits, you can't buy your parts anywhere. NFSU2 sucked a bit less, but was essentially the same. Why not let the player spend their cash? I've played Street Legal Racing Redline. Despite sucky graphics, I kept on playing because I had financial control.

4. Real tuning -- Okay, maybe not this one (so as not to drive away the kiddies). Again, thanks to Street Legal Racing Redline, I get to tweak air intake, cam profiles, and other stuff. Why didn't EA allow us to tweak, say, the 4WD system?

5. Police -- This would be a wonderful idea.

Well... that's my top five list. Got plenty more, but for now, put this in the sequel, and I'll play it for life. =)
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Flameking wrote:omg. The survey is over. Only took 2 days. thats a rip. *boo* lol. j/k

it should have been longer.
I guess EA can't take the flamings any longer, because they know that instead of getting praised, they're being flamed... What a sissy! Image
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

It is sad I don't klnow what they asked.

cause I had some simple thinks to tell them.

2 days is damn short that is for sure...

the previous was longer... but then again there where less people who had underground1
Dragstarrr
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Dragstarrr »

More News on NFS 9
The good news NFS9 to have bikes,More muscle cars about 8 or 9 cars,more car makes(company's), police with weapons , police helicopters, 3x bigger city , 2x Game size, going to release on PS3 ,PSP, PC, XBOX,Nintendo DS .more custimizable parts ,car interiors,Windsheild view,helicopter view,opponents view,Bike company's to include yamaha,honda , etc, No news whether release on ps2 yet.

I got this news from several private nfs sites and from emails from ign,ea games,gamespot and 1up.com

Now tht was the Good news :shock: :shock:

And now the bad news Dont know if it is a Underground 3 or a new name , They havent yet started workin on the game they should start by January since christmas holidays are on there are on vacation, and the release would be some where in july or november again lol :P

thts all folks :D :D
jnry3
Ricer
Ricer

Post by jnry3 »

What?!? Still no damage modeling?!? :(
thunderbolt
Drift King
Drift King

Post by thunderbolt »

maybe they should give their developers more time than a year to make games like that. :?
3x city would be good depending on how it is laid out
2x game size...does that mean 2x game length? because NFSU2 is boring and long.
those bodykits better be real life this time. and other visual parts.
and the bikes are like the icing on top. :P
Dragstarrr
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Dragstarrr »

With the bikes u can upgrade them with parts too like body kits,neon lights,speed meter,and even make them faster,handles ,rims ,tyre marks ,how wide your tyre can be,and in story mode only you can walk on your feet to meet people and roam around a bit,damage is available,and repairable but will cost you cash,police can stop you with car freezer gun like 2f2f(it gives a shock to the car) :shock: You can get tickets and even end up in jail for speeding and with too many tickets,not to metion you can do a wheelie on your bike :P even a stoppie(front wheel wheelie)Your suppose to customize your seff before startin and even buy cloths ,race wear,eye wear,helmets,hair styles,watches,shoes lol everything.

thats all i know 4 2day :!:
thunderbolt
Drift King
Drift King

Post by thunderbolt »

:lol: i think that would be giving the police a huge advantage if they can stop your cars in their tracks. best leave that part out.
and i'd think that you'd end up in jail for some years for persistent speeding and wreckless driving. :P
i'd like the part where you can customize yourself though. EA can just port some of the sims 2 code into NFS. i'd like to see myself step out of a supra, totaly in fantasy land here 8) 8) 8)
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

dragstar ever heard of the SPACE BAR??? and when to type in a , and ever heard of a .!! it is used to end a sentence! so people can BREATH

I was completely out of breath after trying to read you POST
Dragstarrr
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Dragstarrr »

I quite find 'The Stig" is always against me.He always picks me again again,keeps on bugging i wish you would stop that ok!
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

maybe when you follow the rules... like the SIG size rule!

Max size 550x120 and this includes text! so that mean 4 lines of text...

ooh look what I did now....I'm picking on you again...

CHANGE IT or we will and expect a waring for it when WE do it!

if you just follow the rules and we can all have a happy time here :roll:
Remko
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Remko »

In other news, the Survey is back again, just go to the Main Page of the Official NFS U2 site and look for the line: Give Us Your Feedback

Just thought people here would want to know.
Plutonium
Stock
Stock

Post by Plutonium »

they should add the new 2004 Dodge SRT-4 :D

Return to “News”