NFSU2 Patch in the works

Need for Speed Underground 2 News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

NFSU2 Patch in the works

Post by Bojan »

EA is working on another patch for the pc version of Need for Speed Underground 2. It will address the following issues:

1) A fix for the nVidia 6800. Currently it performs worse than the ATI X800 but it should be faster (and is, post patch ;)

2) A fix for the crash reported on Me/98 where A creates a room (default circuit, also in all following cases), B joins, B leaves and creates a room, A leaves and joins B's room. B selects A and does a view track map. The game crashes.

3) A patch to how players convicted of cheating are treated. What we will now do is have the game cram 0 into the counter of the number of times the player has been convicted of cheating. That number is used to alter the color of the players name on the UI as their percentage of cheats to total races increases. It will *not* stop the cheat detection from working. Players will still get disqualified, and the cheat detection code will still run. "Chronic" cheaters just wont be visible to others when they join a game.

4) A fix to the hosting of LAN games. An internet connection is no longer required to host LAN games.

The exact release date has not been set, but it should come out soon.
^TuRboDiEsEL^
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ^TuRboDiEsEL^ »

I hope I can play with it! agree with nVidia
master m
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by master m »

It sounds good, altough I only have the Xbox-version :D
Bauke777
Drift King
Drift King

Re: NFSU2 Patch in the works

Post by Bauke777 »

Bojan wrote: 3) A patch to how players convicted of cheating are treated. What we will now do is have the game cram 0 into the counter of the number of times the player has been convicted of cheating. That number is used to alter the color of the players name on the UI as their percentage of cheats to total races increases. It will *not* stop the cheat detection from working. Players will still get disqualified, and the cheat detection code will still run. "Chronic" cheaters just wont be visible to others when they join a game.
hey Bojan, do u have "inside info" ;) on what criteria a player is being dq'd? Cuz lately I get dq'd a lot, and nooooooo I do not cheat :? lol mayb I'm just too fast eh

PS: do u know if the patch fixes the "bug-tuning"-thing?
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Re: NFSU2 Patch in the works

Post by ^Sparco^ »

Bojan wrote: 3) A patch to how players convicted of cheating are treated. What we will now do is have the game cram 0 into the counter of the number of times the player has been convicted of cheating. That number is used to alter the color of the players name on the UI as their percentage of cheats to total races increases.
1st they should fix the detection code, cause I am often disqualified without a reason :roll:
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

Can't wait if I can see any changes with my 6800GT. :)
PUNGh0Li0
Stock
Stock

Post by PUNGh0Li0 »

No fix for filters?? I thought they would get the message that folks want the option of No Filters for online play.
Drift King
Drift King

Post by 909 »

ah good, a nice LAN party based on NFSU2 is a good break from the normal CS, Q3, UT etc... point and shoot games!
Zalex
Stock
Stock

Post by Zalex »

PUNGh0Li0 wrote:No fix for filters?? I thought they would get the message that folks want the option of No Filters for online play.
What about NO filters in LAN ???

We play on Fridays evening at the office and we have to yell to others what kind of game and options well play next... quite disturbing for others who still continue to work !

Like if there is so much servers in a LAN that we need filters... duh !

They should redo all the GUI system for online and LAN games.

Motor City Online had at least numbers indicating number of players playing on any maps, so we only had to go where there was players on and then pick the server based on our option taste.

What's the point of selecting options for filters if we dont even know if there is players playing on it...

I played, or should I say "stayed in menus" for two hours last night, searching for servers. no trace of any`"stock car" races at all, had to stick on circuit ultra boosted, the only place I was able to see peoples playing. Others where surely messing with filters like me instead of playing.

Zalex the menu man.
C8H10N4HO2O2
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Winnipeg, MB, Canada (Yes I live in an Igloo, moron)

Post by C8H10N4HO2O2 »

Its out you can get it here EA site Or direct here
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Sir Ibi »

nice one C8H10N4HO2O2
C8H10N4HO2O2
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Winnipeg, MB, Canada (Yes I live in an Igloo, moron)

Post by C8H10N4HO2O2 »

Well..... I've found one change after the install of the new patch. the save games have moved, or is it just me being out of it......

they were here...
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\NFS Underground 2
now there here....
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\NFS Underground 2\
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

Mine have been always been under Local settings\Application Data\.
ants
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ants »

vellu wrote:Mine have been always been under Local settings\Application Data\.
Same here.
I think they should have put them in the main nfsu2 folder.
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

It's there because of multi-user OS, like WinXP. Meaning if the computer has several different login identities those profiles will have their own save games.

Return to “News”