NFSU2 for Mobile Phones

Need for Speed Underground 2 News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

NFSU2 for Mobile Phones

Post by Bojan »

Quoted from EA's press release:

Electronic Arts today revealed the first eight of the 20 titles that will comprise its 2005/2006 mobile games line-up. Capturing the essence of the hit franchises that inspired them Madden NFL 2006, The Sims 2 Mobile, Need for Speed Underground 2, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 2006 and EA SPORTS FIFA Football 2006 are characterized by exhilarating gameplay, deep real-world sports rosters, a rich service-based community and state-of-the-art 3D graphics.

Complimenting the 3D games are Poppit!, Turbo 21, and Tri Peaks Solitaire, three favorite casual 2D games from the top online gaming destinations online, Pogo.com and Club Pogo. Pogo.com attracts 13M unique visitors per month (according to ComScore) and Club Pogo has more than 800,000 paying subscribers. All eight titles will be available for hands-on play for the first time at the Electronic Entertainment Expo in Los Angeles on May 18, 2005.

"The world of mobile gaming is about to explode! Better games, richer graphics and deeper communities will take cell phone gaming to entirely new depths with experiences that are as adrenaline charged as console gaming," said John Batter, VP and General Manager of EA Mobile. "With racing, sports and puzzle games, our line-up features something fun for everyone. If you’re looking for a deep experience or if you want to just game-on-the-go, these games have it all."

Need for Speed Underground 2, The Sims 2, Madden NFL, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR, FIFA Soccer, Poppit!, Turbo 21 and Tri Peaks Solitaire are EA’s first internally produced mobile titles. In 2004, EA entered the mobile games market in partnership with I-Play, and together co-published Tiger Woods PGA TOUR and FIFA Soccer. The new games will be distributed worldwide by EA.
jemc
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by jemc »

any infos about the phone models the game will be on?
master m
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by master m »

And what about the price. Most games cost €5. But I never buy such games. It's bad value for money IMO. I hope EA will change this by making an awesome Phone-Game.
Twinturbo
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Twinturbo »

Any infos???
I must have it :D
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

Twinturbo wrote:I must have it
:shock:

Will be there showroom for mobile users? Image
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

I doubt there'll be an export image and send as mms option. But if there is such an option, creating a showroom wouldn't be a problem. Maybe even make a wap version of the site ;)

(I work for a Vodafone partner network)
jemc
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by jemc »

Bojan wrote:I doubt there'll be an export image and send as mms option. But if there is such an option, creating a showroom wouldn't be a problem. Maybe even make a wap version of the site ;)

(I work for a Vodafone partner network)
not a bad idea. i hope it reaches Mobitel, too 8)
ViperGT
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ViperGT »

This is stupid the graphics will probably be totally messed up like they did with the GBA version the graphics on that really suck
bashderq
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by bashderq »

god good, nfu2 on a mobile?....in my opinion, its a waste of money. if pple wana play games on mobile consoles, let them get a gameboy of s.thing. a fone's graphics, no matter how advanced the fone is will be crap...and honestly whats the dictionary definition of a phone???...(thought so)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

I'm quite impressed with the market of java games for mobiles: there's a huge variety of games on the market and there are quite a few games that are very fun to play. Graphics are improving with every new generation of phones and some devices (especially Sony Ericssons) have outstanding 3d graphics (especially K750i, F500i isn't bad as well).

Paying 2.5euro for a quality game from Gameloft for example isn't so expensive (that's the price here), but I agree, 5 euro is definetly too much.

Remember that you always carry the phone with you and can play such games anytime and anywhere :)
Dragon-of-Rune
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Dragon-of-Rune »

Here you pay for the size off the game the bigger the game the more you pay, except some games they have standaard prices. But if you would have some better quality games buy a N-gage (but that thing is kinda big)
thunderbolt
Drift King
Drift King

Post by thunderbolt »

imagine the battery draining :lol:
i never found any interest in phone gaming...but...if they can make it good then...why not?
Janx14
Professional
Professional

Post by Janx14 »

wanna it!!!!
bojan it would be very cool, if u would make a wap-nfsunlimited!!!
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

with the physics of NFSU2, it should have been released on mobile phones ONLY. :lol:
jemc
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by jemc »

@DoR: N-Gage has only 4k colors...newer Sony Ericssons have 65k+ colors. :wink: i got a preinstalled game on my K500i called Super Real Tennis made by Sega and it rocks. the graphics are sweet (3d :wink: )
ViperGT
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ViperGT »

yeah lets make an NfsU2 for mobile phones showroom :lol:
bashderq
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by bashderq »

Bojan wrote: Graphics are improving with every new generation of phones and some devices (especially Sony Ericssons) have outstanding 3d graphics (especially K750i, F500i isn't bad as well).

Remember that you always carry the phone with you and can play such games anytime and anywhere :)
hmm i have a k700i...decent graphics but well i'll never put games on mine, waste of space and of money (costs something like $10 bucks, i guessing)..as 2 pass the time in train stations, mp3 players :D
Triskac
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Triskac »

i like reversi more :twisted:

Return to “News”