NFSU Interview

Need for Speed Underground News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

NFSU Interview

Post by Bojan »

EA posted an interview with Executive Producer Scott Nielsen and Assistant Producer Justin Wiebe, where they talked about what made Need for Speed Underground such a success and to get little insight on what's to come.
Community Team (CT): Thanks for taking time from your hectic schedules to chat with us, gentlemen. Let me start of by asking this. Were you surprised at the phenomenal success of NFS Underground?

Scott Nielsen (SN): The buzz that followed the development of the game was unbelievable, creating really high expectations for Need for Speed. We were really excited with the game when it went to manufacturing and were cautiously optimistic with our own expectations. I think the phenomenal success of the game was a bit surprising to us, but at the same time it really validated the fact that we created something special. It feels really good to be a part of that.

CT: So now that Underground is complete and in the hands of millions, what do you feel were some of the strongest points of the game?

Justin Wiebe (JW): I believe we really hit the nail on the head with regards to the car customization and the night time racing visual look of the game. The nearly unlimited number of possible car configurations in the game really gave the ability to create visually unique cars. Whenever I played online I found it really interesting to see the different types of cars the players had created.
Read the whole interview here.

Return to “News”