NFSU demo patch info

Need for Speed Underground News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

NFSU demo patch info

Post by Bojan »

The patch will probably be released next week and will contain the following fixes:

# Fixed the lobby scrolling crash
# Fixed the dual highlights in lobby room
# Extending chat length
# Fixed bug that automatically highlighted chat bar when scrolling through player names
# Adding Tab button to select chat bar
# Fixed many cheats/exploits
# Fixed reputation issues with disconnects in-game
# Fixing drop to desktop when pressing keys on the Marketing Screen
# Added functionality to detect players tampering with physics.
# Working on disconnects occurring due to joining full game lobby multiple times
# Fixing Lap Time Exploits

EA also began permanently banning players that use cheats in the demo. Those banned in the demo will be able to play the retail version.
Z-Racing
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Z-Racing »

EA also began permanently banning players that use cheats in the demo. Those banned in the demo will be able to play the retail version.

If their going to ban someone from online play for cheating in the demo, wouldn't it also be fair to think that they are going to cheat in the retail game and there fore ban them from there also??? :twisted:
made_man
Ricer
Ricer

Post by made_man »

Man. i don't know what happened to uploading bonus cars like in NFS III, IV, and Porsche. EA should at least consider adding some cars later on to Underground series, or maybe be able to upload more performance parts or body kits, even if they would do that, i don't think it could be played online, since PS2 doesn't even have a hard drive, meaning that the memory card won't be enough to save more 1 or maybe 2 cars. The PS2 version in mine opinion shouldn't be compatible with pc version online, cause the PS2 version limits what could be done on the PC version. So if EA makes it impossible for modders to modify that game and not be able to play it online, so soon the online communities like NFSunlimited will die slowly out....
And yeah, I agree to banning cheaters who cheat on performances.... but modeling shouldn't be punished...
viper_gts
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper_gts »

for adding cars, it would be nice if EA supplied the tools or atleast made it alot simpliar to crack. However thanks to arushan who has established a godlike reputation in the nfs community, it sounds like it won't be long after release of the final version that the format should be cracked:

check out this topic:

http://www.nfscars.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=9376

Return to “News”