NFS HP PC Patch reported by Criterion

2010 Need for Speed Hot Pursuit
xturbo
Professional
Professional

NFS HP PC Patch reported by Criterion

Post by xturbo »

At NFS Forums, Matt Webster himself teased all the players with information regarding a patch for the PC version. This is the original post:
Thanks to everyone who has helped us track down the problems that have been heavily reported on these forums.

I'm pleased to be able to update you on the patch that will be forthcoming early next week.

Mulit-Core CPU's
We've now located and fixed the problem that players were reporting where the game would crash on Car Select, Map Screen, Loading screen or just at the start of an event. Interestingly we're actually intrigued that the game works at all after our investigations with the problem actually manifesting itself in code that we shipped as part of Burnout Paradise.

We've also taken the opportunity to address a couple of other reported problems.

Missing Rain / Snow and Corona effects
This have been fixed

CL Eye Driver crashing the game on startup
Fixed.

Corrupted Dreamshots in non 16:9 aspect ratios
Fixed.

We've also added D-BOX motion chair support.

Once again, thanks to all the players who helped us track down and identify the problem. We'll detail exactly when the patch will be available as soon as we can. As I said, it's likely to be early next week, but we need to go through the testing and certification systems that are in place prior to release.

Criterion Games
Interesting, he mentions that the issue regarding to Quad Cores only affects the %0.15 of the total players.

As a personal contribution, this indicates that we are not alone at all, and the guys at Criterion are working hard to atually bring a more efficient experience. I always thrusted in Criterion and we will have the effects (climate ones) that we needed, coronas (light glow), rain and snow! lol.

=D>
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Re: NFS HP PC Patch reported by Criterion

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Now the only thing i'd want is PC DLC, honestly they could at least give us all the DLC this time around, on Burnout Paradise PC only received the car packs...
(i dont think they would release ONLY new cars for Hot Pursuit, i mean its just painfully obvious there has to be a new gamemode or two....)
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

It is good to see Criterion working on a patch. :)

I wish they had a look at the sound of the cars though, there's nothing about it on this patch. So far, to me that's the only "big" problem in the game that needs some fixing. I can live without rain drops and AA, but I cannot live without hearing those beautiful machines near the redline at full speed. :D

A bit more support for racing wheels is welcome, though. I really want to use my MOMO.
Evil Kid Weaselmush
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Evil Kid Weaselmush »

Glad to hear they're fixing these issues. Like Hydro mentioned, they should look at the car sounds and wheel support too. Still can't complain too much, this is the best NFS in years and is amazing overall, just needs a few minor things worked out.
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Nitrodemon McLaren »

I've honestly never had the game crash for me and I don't recognize the other issues (and perhaps I haven't noticed any missing touches on the environment), but it's good to see that they're addressing problems quickly.
gicurize
Ricer
Ricer

-

Post by gicurize »

I tried to get NFS: High Stakes to work with the modern patch and when I tried to race with the PFMS
I got a message when loading hometown
that said
AMF=50 copter.c299



Return to “Hot Pursuit”