How do you add custom songs?

2010 Need for Speed Hot Pursuit
LITE992
Ricer
Ricer

How do you add custom songs?

Post by LITE992 »

As far as I know, you can add your own songs to the game. However, in the options, I am unable to choose between soundtrack and my own, even though I have song songs already saved on my Xbox.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Re: How do you add custom songs?

Post by xturbo »

LITE992 wrote:As far as I know, you can add your own songs to the game. However, in the options, I am unable to choose between soundtrack and my own, even though I have song songs already saved on my Xbox.
You can use the Xbox media player in the meanwhile. Criterion said that the option was only PC, but for Xbox you can easily use the player for that :)
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

xturbo wrote:
LITE992 wrote:As far as I know, you can add your own songs to the game. However, in the options, I am unable to choose between soundtrack and my own, even though I have song songs already saved on my Xbox.
You can use the Xbox media player in the meanwhile. Criterion said that the option was only PC, but for Xbox you can easily use the player for that :)
Hehe.....
Warning: Stupid question ahead!

How do i do it on PC?

I hate 99% of the tracks in game, i'd like to insert....anything...instead.

...anything....* doesn't include bieber
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Nitrodemon McLaren »

I second that stupid question.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

In the twitter account they said that we could import our own songs, but the feature seems to have been removed. So the only way now is to run winamp on the background and silence the music in the options menu or to keep pressing the skip music button ;)
dhruv990
Stock
Stock

Post by dhruv990 »

Adding custom playlist is only available in ps3 version as far as I know. Why cant they implement all this stuff in the PC? NFS has been doing things like it (or some people have been able to make scripts for doing the same thing) for so long(atleast till HP 2). The soundtrack of this game sucks big time! I'm waiting for some patch or app to be released which can enable me to choose custom music. I'm going to put the entire NFS HP 2 soundtrack and bring the good ol' days when the music selection team at EA had an ear for it.
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Nitrodemon McLaren »

That's a darn shame. The music doesn't really bother me, but I'd really like to use my own metal playlists (the silence music + activate Winamp technique is good though, I'll do that).
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Too bad, most of the in-game music is somewhat powerless....
I wouldn't be bothered because most of time my engine is louder than the music, but when i happen to be driving one of those cars with bugged sounds (Shelby GT500 SuperSnake for example) it gets on my nerves when i have to drive a 5 minute race filled with some pop-techno-i_dont_want_to_know_what_it_really_is music mixed with rain.
LITE992
Ricer
Ricer

Post by LITE992 »

I've figured out how to do it for consoles. You need to create a custom playlist. Now I don't know how to do this for PS3, but for Xbox there's only one way to do it. Burn songs to a CD then rip them to your Xbox (yeah, they don't have any other options). I was a little disappointed with the soundtrack so much I muted the music. The songs from the demo and the police chase music were good, though.

Return to “Hot Pursuit”