Steering Wheel + Manual Gears Mod v1.03

2010 Need for Speed Hot Pursuit
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Steering Wheel + Manual Gears Mod v1.03

Post by Hydro_PT »

I just came across this on the Internet and I was like: OMG, WIN! :mrgreen:

This is a mod that allows manual gears and also fixes the deadzone related to the racing wheel in Hot Pursuit. I haven't tried it yet, but I will right now and post the results.

Here's the link if you are interested (http://www.tocaedit.com/IB/index.php?au ... howfile=65).If it works, it's for sure a great mod! Along with Criterion's patch, it will make the game pretty much flawless for me. :D
* May only work with unpatched U.S. version of game

* For Manual Gears you must set ingame controls as
Scroll Up = Shift Up
Scroll Down = Shift Down

* DeadZone fix eliminates all deadzone and gives 1:1 steering without filters
May only work if you only have one controller connected, listed in game controls

* FFB fix gives realistic grip feeling through wheel
May only work if you only have one controller connected, listed in game controls

* This mod is intended for Offline use only! Steering rate is enhanced and may be considered cheating.
EDIT: IT WORKS!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Manual transmission, no deadzone and correct FFB! The game just got much better! Damn, the guy who made this mod deserves a big thank you! Bojan, you should post this on the news, so more people can enjoy this mod. Now it feels really good to use the handbrake and dodge the traffic cars! :D
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Re: Steering Wheel + Manual Gears Mod v1.03

Post by Nitrodemon McLaren »

Keep on posting more. I'm used to automatic transmission though and I don't use my steering wheel anymore (removed it too).
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

Sounds cool but guess it's oriented to guys who have steering wheels. Anyways, good info ;)
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

This mod is definitely nice you have a wheel. I can say the game is much better, the cars respond better to your inputs and don't feel so heavy. Now I can control them easily around those long corners. But drifting is harder, I have to literally smash the brake and then smash the gas so the car will drift nicely. With the keyboard that's very easy because the key is either pressed or not, with the pedal you have that range so you must "tap" the pedal for it to work. The handbrake moves are better though, it feels really good to push the gear level like if it was the handbrake. :D

As for the manual gears, I'm starting to realize that it isn't so useful as I thought it would be. Yeah, it's nice to push each gear to its maximum, but if you're not careful you can easily "kill" the car by driving in the same gear without even noticing. It happened some times with me yesterday. This is specially true after corners. Also, some cars seem to have one extra gear (the 7th). The Porsche Carrera GT and the 911 Targa 4S (cop version) have 7 gears. I'm sure that at least the Carrera GT has only 6 gears.

There's also another mod out there, that allows you to set the camera where you want. This means that cockpit view is also available. Gonna try it too. :)
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

I found a nice touch related to gears in Hot Pursuit.
For example, im driving the SRT8 on a highway, i dont use nitrous so it slowly reaches 265 km/h.
And it stops there, as it is the top speed.
But, if i press nitrous before reaching 265km/h , the revs will go up and it will switch up to 5th gear, and keep on accelerating.

Most cars have an extra gear that is "activated" by using nitrous. Really nice if you ask me because it allows to reach "unusual" speeds with certain cars.

Sometimes even 50km/h more than the real top speed.

That way, Crown Victoria is not useless :D

If i recall correctly it has a top speed barely over 200 km/h, but with that extra gear it can even go to 290 km/h...that is with nitrous and slipstream...didn't try downhill yet but its probably the same.
SP4RCO
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by SP4RCO »

awesome, Im using a G25 wheel.

EA seriously wtf, launching a game without a manual gearbox option... WTF :roll:
Still rolling my eyes :roll:

Return to “Hot Pursuit”