Car Of The Day: Bugatti Veyron 16.4

Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Car Of The Day: Bugatti Veyron 16.4

Post by Bojan »

The Car Of The Day is back on the official website, this time for Need for Speed Hot Pursuit and the first car taking the spot is the Bugatti Veyron 16.4. Check it out here.
They've also put up a page that lists the cars in the game and the side (Copy/Racers) they will be available to. Currently it's a small list, but new cars should be added once they're announced. See it here.

The current list of cars:
Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione
Audi TT RS Coupe
Bugatti Veyron 16.4
Chevrolet Camaro SS
Dodge Challenger SRT8
Dodge Viper SRT10
Ford Shelby GT500
Koenigsegg CCX
Lamborghini Gallardo LP 570-4 Superleggera
Lamborghini Murcielago LP 670-4 SV
Lamborghini Reventon
McLaren MP4-12C
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG
Nissan GT-R SpecV (R35)
Pagani Zonda Cinque
Porsche Cayman S
Porsche Panamera Turbo
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Re: Car Of The Day: Bugatti Veyron 16.4

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Nice carlist, seems like we will get mostly exotics and some new muscle cars too...

I hope there will be some older exotics like Diablo SV or Countach... I wouldn't mind some older Porsche 911's too.

Ah, where is that GT3? i think its a confirmed car for sure, they had screenshots, gameplay with it showing the Autolog system...
And its even on the screenshot with police Viper.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

ok something i dont get, i was looking at the carlist and it has a blue dot indicating its a racer or if it is or isnt a cop, but some cars like the reventon and viper are only cop cars, i dont get why they do that?

also i was looking at all the cars in detailed and noticed u can see the interior of the cars, and if you look u can tell that the interior of each car is different
Instagram @SupraHKS
LancerEvoFan0504
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by LancerEvoFan0504 »

Wait I thought they said there were only be exotics and muscles what is a Nissan GT-R doing in there because last time i checked that a tuner not an exotic or muscle.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

I also didn't get why they are doing this. Not all cars should be cop cars, but all of them should be available as racers, because that's the "real life" version of the car after all.

Also the cop cars seem a bit too exotic. I mean, a Bugatti Veyron? A Mercedes SLS AMG? An Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione? A Reventón? :roll: I was expecting not so good cars to go after the racers. The occasional Lamborghini could be called for some hot pursuit, but other cars such as BMWs or Porsches or Fords should be cops. Less exotic, more affordable cars so to speak.

There are also mistakes in EA's list, for example the Koenigsegg is shown as Cop car only, but if you go to its page, the picture shows the road car, not the cop car.

Anyway, the car list on the Wiki is on. If you have ideas to improve, do it. :)

http://wiki.nfsunlimited.net/wiki/Need_ ... 0_Car_List
Evil Kid Weaselmush
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Evil Kid Weaselmush »

LancerEvoFan0504 wrote:Wait I thought they said there were only be exotics and muscles what is a Nissan GT-R doing in there because last time i checked that a tuner not an exotic or muscle.
Just because a car is Japanese doesn't mean it can't be considered an exotic. The GT-R Spec V can do 0-60 in 3.2 seconds, making it a fully competent supercar and faster than most exotics. I certainly welcome it into the game, can't be ALL European supercars and American muscle cars. I just don't wanna see a Civic, Eclipse, etc. in Hot Pursuit. I'd also like to see an Evo and WRX STi myself, two classic Japanese sports cars.
Hydro_PT wrote:I also didn't get why they are doing this. Not all cars should be cop cars, but all of them should be available as racers, because that's the "real life" version of the car after all.

Also the cop cars seem a bit too exotic. I mean, a Bugatti Veyron? A Mercedes SLS AMG? An Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione? A Reventón? :roll: I was expecting not so good cars to go after the racers. The occasional Lamborghini could be called for some hot pursuit, but other cars such as BMWs or Porsches or Fords should be cops. Less exotic, more affordable cars so to speak.
My thoughts exactly. If I remember correctly, you can't even use the Viper as a racer... WTF? And yeah, I think they put too many exotics as cops. Like you said, the occasional Lambo would be cool, but I think this is just a little too much. Eh, I guess it'll still be really cool, just not quite so realistic. Not that four $2,000,000 Bugatti Veyron 16.4's all street racing together is realistic either.
junior6at
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by junior6at »

I too feel that it's overkill to have too many exotic cop cars chasing you. It's like a exotic car battle if anyone saw the latest gameplay vid with the GT3 RS. At least I hope they make the Cayman, Panamera, Shelby GT500 cop cars be the the main pursuers (still think it's overkill), and then have the head honcho cop car come in if need be, like the Zonda, Bugatti, and Reventon. I still wish they'd include normal cars like the Crown Vic.

But remember guys, there will be a full career mode as a cop, so having a wide range of cop cars to choose from should be expected. Just wish they didn't all chase you at once.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

@ Anyone doubting the R35

Its as much an exotic as any Ferrari, Lamborghini or Porsche. Just that its a Nissan instead.
Imho if the car has really good performance like this, there's nothing wrong with including it in game.
oumysoft
Ricer
Ricer

Post by oumysoft »

Ive looked at the list, I seems the cars are in Alphabetical order (including the places with the question marks). Its abit disapointing to know that it looks like Ferrari isnt on the list yet again (unless the 3 gap between the Shelby GT500 and the CCX will include a ferrari in it).
I hope cars like the Stirling Moss, Maserati GranTurismo S, Aston Martin One-77, Corvette Stingray (Concept), lamborghini miura (concept - one can dream it goes between the Gallardo and Murcielago)and the F1 would be on the list.
I also dont mind the R35 being on the list, one could hope the LFA will make it too (more japanese exotics).
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

there is space between the lamborghini gallardo570-4 and the murcialago LP670-4, possibly a lp640 or a miura(fingers crossed for miura) hopefull diablo SV will make it also
Instagram @SupraHKS
Gotch_nfsplanet
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Gotch_nfsplanet »

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010- ... iew?page=3
"...range of exotics up to and including the legendary McLaren F1..."

We choose the time to start, then let the time of day cycle. In Free Drive, it just cycles through. We have enough to control so we can say that this event's going to be about chasing this black car at night - it's harder, he can turn his lights off and try to hide from you."

http://gamescom.gamespot.com/story/6273 ... d-hands-on
"To begin we picked a car, going for a rather splendid bright yellow Porsche Boxster."

The final race Criterion showed us highlighted many of the graphical effects in the game. It started off on a rainy track, with realistic looking spray flying from the back of the tyres. - :D

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/111/1112783p1.html
"...a straight-up Time Trial behind the wheel of a Carrera GT."

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/111/1112783p2.html
"...but get the Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 Spyder.."

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/nfs_h ... -2595.html
"Finally came a hands-on session in a multiplayer Roadster Reborn race." - wow :mrgreen:
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

Also from IGN's short review
stock cop mount being a GTR Spec V
Eurogamer:
In the first race, I get to choose between a BMW and a Porsche.
- so bimmers delight us with their presence.
ianism
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ianism »

junior6at wrote:I too feel that it's overkill to have too many exotic cop cars chasing you. It's like a exotic car battle if anyone saw the latest gameplay vid with the GT3 RS. At least I hope they make the Cayman, Panamera, Shelby GT500 cop cars be the the main pursuers (still think it's overkill), and then have the head honcho cop car come in if need be, like the Zonda, Bugatti, and Reventon. I still wish they'd include normal cars like the Crown Vic.

But remember guys, there will be a full career mode as a cop, so having a wide range of cop cars to choose from should be expected. Just wish they didn't all chase you at once.
i do as well, but i understand the reasoning. they're trying to make it person vs. person as much as possible. or at least let you have a full experience on both sides. so instead of having the players mostly doing the racing and the cops being the AI, the focus is on the player doing both (if it's singleplayer... multiplayer is obvious). also, a reason to have a lot of top-end cops is because there are a lot of top-end racers, but they're not always quite the same level - you need cops corresponding to each of the racers' speeds. remember, according to the interviews the police are meant to be faster than the racers.
as a result, they're putting 'exclusive' cars on each side to try to encourage players to try both and get the most out of the game.
THAT BEING SAID, if they're gonna have that many options for cop cars, i'm of the opinion that it'd just be better to have all the cars as both cop and racer, with the occasional exception due to liscencing issues. so you get the max amount of options while playing.

i think the variety in tracks will make or break the game. also it'd be nice to have a good amount of actual races w/o chases
ferrari would be nice, but I am not sure it would happen.
and to those who think the Nissan GT-R is a tuner: get your heads out your asses! :P

damn i wish i had a next-gen console...
i have nothing more to add
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Gotch_nfsplanet wrote:http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010- ... iew?page=3
"...range of exotics up to and including the legendary McLaren F1..."

We choose the time to start, then let the time of day cycle. In Free Drive, it just cycles through. We have enough to control so we can say that this event's going to be about chasing this black car at night - it's harder, he can turn his lights off and try to hide from you."

http://gamescom.gamespot.com/story/6273 ... d-hands-on
"To begin we picked a car, going for a rather splendid bright yellow Porsche Boxster."

The final race Criterion showed us highlighted many of the graphical effects in the game. It started off on a rainy track, with realistic looking spray flying from the back of the tyres. - :D

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/111/1112783p1.html
"...a straight-up Time Trial behind the wheel of a Carrera GT."

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/111/1112783p2.html
"...but get the Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 Spyder.."

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/nfs_h ... -2595.html
"Finally came a hands-on session in a multiplayer Roadster Reborn race." - wow :mrgreen:

That's all I have to say. Day and night cycle? Rain? A great list of just top notch exotic cars? Cops? Destruction? Huge setting with exotic vistas? Nice graphics (so far)? I just need to listen to the OST to be sure this Hot Pursuit will be one heck of a game!

It sounds really epic. I don't like to get all hyped with a new NFS game, but this one, seriously, it sounds so firetruck cool! I can't wait... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Gotch_nfsplanet
Ricer
Ricer

http://www.criteriongames.com/ - fifth news "It doesn't get COOLER than this"

Bugatti Veyron, Aston Martin DBS, Pagani Zonda Cinque, Porsche GT3 RS and Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG. All featured in Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit.

We have a new car - Aston Martin DBS :)
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

So, according to those messages we will get "older" exotics too?

Great :D
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

And they announced a new car, via Facebook

Challenger SRT8
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Here's a shot taken in front of Criterion's Guildford studio showing what we're pretty sure is a green Peugeot 106.

Unfortunately, some guy's got right in the way in a Porsche Carrera GT, but you can still clearly make out the Peugeot's awe-inspiring silhouette and the bespoke plastic hub caps.
and
Cop Ford Shelby GT500 as featured in Criterion's upcoming Need for Speed Hot Pursuit.
(2009 Ford Transit not yet confirmed. Maybe DLC?)
Haha great. :mrgreen:

@Danyutz: The Challenger SRT8 was already revealed before. :)
Gotch_nfsplanet
Ricer
Ricer

Hey, it's me again and again I have for you some interesting news:)

Look at this screen from 'Limited Edition Trailer ":
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/9911/sssssc.jpg

We see here the car such as:

Shelby SUPERSNAKE (propably 2010 model)
Porsche (911, Carrera, Targa, Boxster, Panamera)
Dodge Ram - traffic car
Dodge Caliber - traffic car
Dodge Charger - normal car
Dodge Magnum - traffic or police car
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

I guess Criterion instead of just going for Exotics + some Muscle cars, went for lots of quality cars.

So i suppose we will see Old and new exotics, modern muscle cars....what else could fit in? If anything, maybe some of the best performance-wise tuners.
BluePhirePB
Drift King
Drift King

Post by BluePhirePB »

Wow, lots of news about HP today! Great news too!

EDIT: I hope they include a replay cam and that guy that does the narratives of each car like in HP2.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Gotch_nfsplanet wrote:Hey, it's me again and again I have for you some interesting news:)

Dodge Ram - traffic car
Damn you're a source of news. Great job noticing those cars in the licensing thing. =D> I'll add them to the Wiki as unofficial cars.
LancerEvoFan0504
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by LancerEvoFan0504 »

Hydro_PT wrote:
Gotch_nfsplanet wrote:Hey, it's me again and again I have for you some interesting news:)

Dodge Ram - traffic car
Damn you're a source of news. Great job noticing those cars in the licensing thing. =D> I'll add them to the Wiki as unofficial cars.
I don't know were you get your list of cars but the porsche have already been confirmed at http://nfs.wikia.com/wiki/Need_for_Spee ... %282010%29
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

Hydro_PT wrote:@Danyutz: The Challenger SRT8 was already revealed before. :)
Trudat, but i was pointing out the Car of the day thingo :P
Gotch_nfsplanet
Ricer
Ricer

Hello. I have another car to the Carlist. It is an old interview, on the E3 event in June, but there is information about Aston Martin One-77 8) :
http://www.incgamers.com/Interviews/283 ... -interview

"Aston Martin 177, Which is the Aston Martin's take on the Bugatti Veyron. So as a cop or a racer, Bugatti Vs. Aston Martin it's going to be a pretty epic battle. It's Aston Martin's first hypercar basically."

Return to “News”