Hot Pursuit Career Preview

Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Hot Pursuit Career Preview

Post by Bojan »

Check out the Need for Speed Hot Pursuit career preview up at Gamerzines. It explains how you get to choose races and what is needed to unlock new cars and events. Open world is also mentioned but it's only used for taking dreamshots and cruising.
Check out the whole article
kostis1993
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: Hot Pursuit Career Preview

Post by kostis1993 »

Free roam for cruising and dreamshots only? Meh? Couldn't they add something to do, like we had the billboards and shortcuts in Burnout Paradise? :(
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

I like the way they designed the Career, but they could improve the free roam mode. You could at least be able to get chased by the cops or participate in some kind of "duel" with other races, like in Underground 2. Just cruising around to take pictures seems boring... :?

I wouldn't want something like Burnout Paradise though, smashing billboards and stuff like that doesn't feel "right" in a game like this one. But cop chases and little racer duels would be awesome.
LancerEvoFan0504
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by LancerEvoFan0504 »

Hydro_PT wrote:I like the way they designed the Career, but they could improve the free roam mode. You could at least be able to get chased by the cops or participate in some kind of "duel" with other races, like in Underground 2. Just cruising around to take pictures seems boring... :?

I wouldn't want something like Burnout Paradise though, smashing billboards and stuff like that doesn't feel "right" in a game like this one. But cop chases and little racer duels would be awesome.
Well what about the people who just want to take cruises and don't want to attract attention the police because in Most Wanted i couldn't even drive for 10 minutes without being seen by the cops all I wanted to do was drive not getting pissed off by the police.
TheNoobofFerraris
Professional
Professional

Post by TheNoobofFerraris »

LancerEvoFan0504 wrote:Well what about the people who just want to take cruises and don't want to attract attention the police because in Most Wanted i couldn't even drive for 10 minutes without being seen by the cops all I wanted to do was drive not getting pissed off by the police.
There are simple game settings that could be created to get around this problem.
Seems like this website is a ghost town. No longer worth a visit or anyone's time.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

I was so enthusiastic and now...well im disappointed.

No quick race, free roam has nearly no use aside from just cruising or taking screenshots....

I bet EA made them do this.
mean2u
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by mean2u »

ElvenAvenger wrote:...

No quick race, free roam has nearly no use aside from just cruising or taking screenshots....

yes clearly the publisher called up the dev and told them to do something that will disappoint elvenavenger
Gotch_nfsplanet
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Gotch_nfsplanet »

Even if Freedrive would be available in Online mode, it might would have some meaning ...I wonder if in this mode will give the traffic ... because if not it ... leave it without comment.

No Quick / Custom Race, no good Freedrive, no Split Screen ... I wonder if will be manual transmission - probably not: / THX Criterion for a return to the roots. Somehow, 10 and more years ago, games were made with more passion and remembered for many things. And now players have to beg for stupid Quick Race, and so you do not get it, because AutoLog is better, according to the manufacturer. Sure: /

ps. So hard to add to the game is what to ask for players from all over the world? I do not think so ...
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

LancerEvoFan0504 wrote:Well what about the people who just want to take cruises and don't want to attract attention the police because in Most Wanted i couldn't even drive for 10 minutes without being seen by the cops all I wanted to do was drive not getting pissed off by the police.
That would be very easy to do. A simple option before starting the free roam mode would be enough. Something like this: Allow police in free roam: Yes / No :D

I hope there is at least some traffic in free roam, otherwise it will be quite boring. Maybe we will have free roam online? That would be nice. :)
[T][U][N][3][R]
Drift King
Drift King

Post by [T][U][N][3][R] »

No free roam pursuits? It will suck.
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

mean2u wrote:

yes clearly the publisher called up the dev and told them to do something that will disappoint elvenavenger
Lawlz. Good one.
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
Racemaniac
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racemaniac »

I like the fact that in the Career earning Bounty is how you progress through the game and unlock more for your respective side. It also shows how you get to choose to be either a Cop or Racer as I was wondering how you get to switch sides.

A bit disappointed by there not being more to do in Free Roam as I was really looking forward to that. I agree with Hydro_PT that a small option before free roaming to enable or disable cops would be useful. For Free Roam they could've had something like some special places where you could take pictures or just hang around and enjoy the scenery. Something like a "Vista Point" or so.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

mean2u wrote:

Yes, they did it to weewee me off, i e-mailed them the other day to tell them what i want in Hot Pursuit.
elie8
Drift King
Drift King

Post by elie8 »

Absolutely Stunningggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg !!!! =P~ =D>
What Comes Around, Goes Around ...
Racemaniac
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racemaniac »

ElvenAvenger wrote:
mean2u wrote:

Yes, they did it to weewee me off, i e-mailed them the other day to tell them what i want in Hot Pursuit.
And I bet you got an automated reply, right?
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

Racemaniac wrote:I like the fact that in the Career earning Bounty is how you progress through the game and unlock more for your respective side. It also shows how you get to choose to be either a Cop or Racer as I was wondering how you get to switch sides.

A bit disappointed by there not being more to do in Free Roam as I was really looking forward to that. I agree with Hydro_PT that a small option before free roaming to enable or disable cops would be useful. For Free Roam they could've had something like some special places where you could take pictures or just hang around and enjoy the scenery. Something like a "Vista Point" or so.
like how burnout had the airfield and quarry as a meet up point
Instagram @SupraHKS
Racemaniac
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racemaniac »

Zotic+ wrote:like how burnout had the airfield and quarry as a meet up point
Yeah. Something like that. In fact, one Hot Pursuit preview I read even mentions an abandoned airfield. Here's the quote:
Indeed one Criterion developer took me for a dance around an abandoned airfield before jamming my radar and flying off into the sunset, it was only through a lucky mental leap, skid mark interpretation, and fortunate roadblock deployment that got me back on his tail.
Link to the preview.

And another thing. This Career preview mentioned that you unlock cars by earning Bounty which is quite similar to how getting wins on your License unlocked more cars in Burnout Paradise. in Burnout Paradise the cars were stored in a Junkyard from where you could access them. Maybe Hot Pursuit has something similar, like maybe a "Police Station" to access the Cop Cars and a "Garage" where you get the Racer Cars.

Return to “News”