Hot Pursuit Demo Coming Tomorrow

Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Hot Pursuit Demo Coming Tomorrow

Post by Bojan »

The Need for Speed Hot Pursuit demo is scheduled for release tomorrow, October 26th, on the PlayStation Store and the Xbox Live Marketplace. Players will get a chance to try out the new Autolog system and get 500 bounty in the full version.

The PC version is not planned.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: Hot Pursuit Demo Coming Tomorrow

Post by Hydro_PT »

Bojan wrote:The PC version is not planned.
WHAT?? :shock:

Damn! I was anxiously waiting for the demo and now this? I thought they were doing a demo for the PC as well, I didn't even think they would do it only for the Xbox 360 and the PS3.

Oh well, I guess my "demo" will have to be the full game. Complain about piracy then, EA. You don't allow players to try the game before it is released! #-o

PS: @Bojan: Do you know if there is any particular reason for Criterion/EA not releasing a PC demo? :)
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

Keeping my hopes up for PC vers. as well :)
reputated
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by reputated »

let there be a pc demo
[-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<[-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<
Some pursue happpiness; others create it
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

I think, with ALL the respect, that Bojan should change the last phrase to : "The PC Demo is not planned until now". There are versions that say the PC demo will be released the 26 along with the Xbox and PS3 demo, but they're just publiciting the console counterparts. Others says of course that the PC demo isn't coming and the full release will be on Nov 16th.

It is a very doubtful information but I thrust a PC version will make it even after the console versions :)
ficko88
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ficko88 »

Bojan wrote: The PC version is not planned.
WHAT?! :shock:
Thank God I also have a PS3. :D
steve30x
Ricer
Ricer

Post by steve30x »

These companies wonder why their PC games get pirated. Its because you provide console demo's and ignore PC gamers. How are PC gamers supposed to try the game. Thank god I have a PS3. I can try before I buy.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

@reputated
One of your smileys got bugged :/

@topic

(insert extreme frustration, whining and bitching about how EA is so evil and stuff)
Way to go EA, way to go. I can already see EA complain about piracy in a month or so.
"Oh noes bad PC gamers pirated our game well lets stop DLC for them"
"Wonder why they did that? maybe because there was no demo version?"
"no they did it because they are very bad"
"ok"

/no dlc for PC, xbox gets exlusive ferraris, PS3 and PC players rage. /repeat with next NFS.

Too bad Criterion has to obey EA's command.

offtopic: This was the final nail in the coffin of my mood today. im FED UP with today. 3 more hours to go and this useless day ends. EA sure knows when and what to do to annoy others.
UltimateGTR
Ricer
Ricer

Post by UltimateGTR »

They don't respect PC gamers anymore so don't complain your game get pirated EA! That's fair enough right?
Last edited by UltimateGTR on 25 Oct 2010, 20:58, edited 1 time in total.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

The only response I got was that it's a dumb idea... Which is also my opinion. But it's not the first NFS game without a pc demo.
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

Bojan wrote:The PC version is not planned.
FAIL

i was a bit excited reading the title.. and then i saw that.. way to go EA
mean2u
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by mean2u »

UltimateGTR wrote:They don't respect PC gamers anymore so don't complain your game get pirated EA! That's fair enough right?
so let me get this straight. you want them to respect pc gamers by stealing their game? why would they care more about the pc platform if everyone on that platform is stealing their game? nice try attempting to justify your piracy i guess.
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

mean2u wrote:
UltimateGTR wrote:They don't respect PC gamers anymore so don't complain your game get pirated EA! That's fair enough right?
so let me get this straight. you want them to respect pc gamers by stealing their game? why would they care more about the pc platform if everyone on that platform is stealing their game? nice try attempting to justify your piracy i guess.
I agree 100%.
There is valid criticism of EA. And then there's criticizing them just for the sake of doing it. I see more of the latter occuring in this case.
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
AJ_Lethal
Ricer
Ricer

Post by AJ_Lethal »

BS, just BS
XCROSSX
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by XCROSSX »

Just plain stupidity...

At least I got Fallout:NV till then...
GT3x24x7 wrote:I don't get why the word 'irony' has nothing to do with metallurgy.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

Thanks EA for ruining my experience:

http://hotpursuit.needforspeed.com/game-info/demo
Please note that while the demo will not be available on PC and Wii, the full game will launch on these platforms, along with Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, on November 16th.
Stupidity from EA -> =D>
SLJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by SLJ »

xturbo wrote:Thanks EA for ruining my experience:

http://hotpursuit.needforspeed.com/game-info/demo
Please note that while the demo will not be available on PC and Wii, the full game will launch on these platforms, along with Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, on November 16th.
Stupidity from EA -> =D>
DAMM STUPID EA. There was once it turn out something similar to this right? where there wasn't a demo for PC but for other platforms right?
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Bojan wrote:The only response I got was that it's a dumb idea... Which is also my opinion. But it's not the first NFS game without a pc demo.
A PC demo is a dumb idea? Probably the dumbest thing I've heard from EA. Hmm ok, maybe not. :mrgreen:

@mean2u: Without a demo, you bet most people will download the game. Of course that a lot of people will still download the game and never pay for it, no matter if there is demo or not. But this decision by EA just leads to more piracy. Because I'm not going to throw my money on Hot Pursuit without trying it out first. And the only way to see if it is worth the money is to download the whole game. :?

Of course that piracy will still happen, and PC certainly is the most affected, even though Xbox 360 has high levels of piracy as well, and now PS3 is following the same way. But really, not releasing a demo for all platforms is asking for more piracy when the is released.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

No, no, quite the contrary. The lack of the PC demo is a dumb idea ;)

But from what I've seen so far, Criterion has done a lot of things in their own way.
elie8
Drift King
Drift King

Post by elie8 »

No PC Demo !! LOL !! :lol: :?
What Comes Around, Goes Around ...
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

They only use PC platform as a source of money now.

No DLC, no demo, soon probably no trailers either unless someone uploads to youtube.
And then they complain about how bad pirates are. How else can you try if its worth buying if there's no demo?

No review will ever be as good as a demo.

Actually PC versions should get a demo, because its a way to check if it runs on your PC. If it works at all. If your current controller is any good for the game. But no lets just not do it and keep quiet maybe they won't notice. Oh wait, they will, and then they will pirate it.
BASGTA
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by BASGTA »

That's so retarded. They probably think somehow NFS World is catering to the PC gamers (even though it's kind of still in beta, seeing as how you still can't change the controls/interface, and it says "beta" on the launcher still.) They figured they could get lazy and if someone calls it out on them, "Oh, but the consoles don't have NFS World"
UltimateGTR
Ricer
Ricer

Post by UltimateGTR »

ElvenAvenger wrote:They only use PC platform as a source of money now.

No DLC, no demo, soon probably no trailers either unless someone uploads to youtube.
And then they complain about how bad pirates are. How else can you try if its worth buying if there's no demo?

No review will ever be as good as a demo.

Actually PC versions should get a demo, because its a way to check if it runs on your PC. If it works at all. If your current controller is any good for the game. But no lets just not do it and keep quiet maybe they won't notice. Oh wait, they will, and then they will pirate it.
100% agree with you, the demo mainly is for experiencing the game on the consoles, but the PC demo got 1 more usage - to test if the game run on your configuration before buying the whole game. If the consoles have a demo, then a PC demo is more important.
[T][U][N][3][R]
Drift King
Drift King

Post by [T][U][N][3][R] »

I guess this means any DLC's won't be on PC ether...
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

ElvenAvenger wrote:Actually PC versions should get a demo, because its a way to check if it runs on your PC. If it works at all.
I think that was the main idea when demos started to appear, first in floppy disks, then free CDs and later free downloads. It is really important to release a PC demo, because on a console you always have the same hardware, so you shouldn't have problems running the game (unless the developers screw up - we have seen that). But on the PC you can have tons of different hardware, OS, even the programs you have installed can influence a game's performance. It is vital to try it out, unless you have a lot of money and you don't mind buying games without trying them out...

@Bojan: My bad, I misunderstood your post. :)

Return to “News”