Post by Strafer »

Downloading now...

Excited? fakk yes.
drifterzzz
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: Hot Pursuit Demo Out

Post by drifterzzz »

downloading too ekeke cant wait to play .. but if better we can link all together in online race. that will be great
BluePhirePB
Drift King
Drift King

Post by BluePhirePB »

Download finished 15 minutes before I had to leave for work. After installation and intro, I had a few minutes to play. I played with the 370Z and first thing I noticed is the car feels much heavier than Burnout Paradise. Gonna play more after work!
kostis1993
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by kostis1993 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjR-HsluTPw

I think this is the best demo video I watched. It shows the whole demo, from the ''Press start button screen'' to the end of a race. I loved the car selection screen, with the car info description and mostly that we know whcich song is being played in the background(4:15- And yes! ''Edge of the earth'' is in the soundtrack!!!!) and of course the skip song ability(5:17)

I only have a problem: Why didn't they release the demo for PC???? :)
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

I LOVE IT!!!

well I could love it EVEN MORE if it had full detailed cockpit view like in SHIFT, but so far it's AMAZING!!

I was surprised it had night racing!! wasn't aware at all! and none of the trailers showcased it...

speaking of showcase, the car showroom description is amazing... really brings back memories...

the exotic track location and lots of swooping wide high speed turns brings back old HP and High Stakes memories as well...

I'm really excited...

only downside was the physics... after coming from Mafia 2's "Simulation" mode of driving and lots of wheelspin/drift through the turns... I'm really not used to this heavy stuck on tarmac physics... and when you press on handbrake... sometimes the car turns the wrong direction *or the one I'm not used to...*

but I guess it'll be fine after an hour or 2 of playing some more...

so far I got 1:16 in pursuit, and 3:36 in the race *just added some randoms on PSN to get the friends*
kimd41
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by kimd41 »

Can someone add me on PSN to unlock the second race? None of my friends have the demo yet. PSN is Kimd41U
RavenGT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by RavenGT »

Someone please add me on PSN "AnonDes" for the locked event, thanks!
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

Nice demo..the AI in the race is kinda challenging.
drifterzzz
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by drifterzzz »

add me as well fendetto..

my impression the games great .. the race to easy ( mayb demo ) the cars feel heavy when use 370z..

other that that the game look fantastic.. cant wait to play as racer n full games
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Have to agree dat the cars feel heavy, but then again, they do in most NFS games.. only way to oversteer is the handbrake, and that's basicly the only way the car goes around a sharp corner without loosing to much speed.... using the brakes isn't a option...
2fast4all
Drift King
Drift King

Post by 2fast4all »

I just got the demo and well, I dont know why but im not too impressed. The handling is very heavy IMO (kinda like burnout cars), and AI actually are smart for once... hmmmm

The presentation is great!! Nice burnout 3-like map screen.
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

TheStig how are you using the handbrake? Whenever I touch it on the PS3 the car just flips 180...

Got a 3.46 as a racer first time out. Didn't feel the need to race again. It just felt too generic oddly enough. The cops mode is nothing too interesting for me. I'm a racer :D
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Slightly tap de handbrake... don't hold it or you'll spin out.
Dinashan
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Dinashan »

I really enjoyed the demo. very burnoutesque. it seems like the shortcuts will make a difference this time (hopefully holds true for the full game). Apart from bumping the racers from the back another way to take them down is using spike strips. Have to time it right however. Anybody interested add me on ps3 id DINASHAN
Speeding along minding my own business...

Return to “News”