PC Patch Coming Next Week

Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

PC Patch Coming Next Week

Post by Bojan »

Directly from Matt Webster from Criterion on the official forums:
I'm pleased to be able to update you on the patch that will be forthcoming early next week.

Multi-Core CPU's
We've now located and fixed the problem that players were reporting where the game would crash on Car Select, Map Screen, Loading screen or just at the start of an event. Interestingly we're actually intrigued that the game works at all after our investigations with the problem actually manifesting itself in code that we shipped as part of Burnout Paradise.

We've also taken the opportunity to address a couple of other reported problems.

Missing Rain / Snow and Corona effects
This have been fixed

CL Eye Driver crashing the game on startup
Fixed.

Corrupted Dreamshots in non 16:9 aspect ratios
Fixed.

We've also added D-BOX motion chair support.

Once again, thanks to all the players who helped us track down and identify the problem. We'll detail exactly when the patch will be available as soon as we can. As I said, it's likely to be early next week, but we need to go through the testing and certification systems that are in place prior to release.

Criterion Games
[T][U][N][3][R]
Drift King
Drift King

Re: PC Patch Coming Next Week

Post by [T][U][N][3][R] »

Umm... haven't had any of those. The game runs quite well. But good to know they haven't forgotten PC player :P
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Nitrodemon McLaren »

[T][U][N][3][R] wrote:Umm... haven't had any of those. The game runs quite well. But good to know they haven't forgotten PC player :P
Haha, same here.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Yeah, aside from occassional(although HUGE) fps drops on "crash" animations, more specifically those where camera is VERY close to the vehicle, it runs perfectly, no crashes(only crashed once so far, don't know why, it was that "send/don't send" error)
Im satisfied with everything but the DLC....i'd be willing to spend cash on bonus cars if i had a chance.
[T][U][N][3][R]
Drift King
Drift King

Post by [T][U][N][3][R] »

Tbh the only bugs I noticed in the game are related to cop A.I. And they are rather hilarious.

Say, pull over at the start of ''Highway Battle'' and watch the cop Veyrons flip over nicely :P
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

A cop Jaguar once spawned on the railing, and proceeded to fall out the map.

I guess he disabled himself just in case

Return to “News”