Hot Pursuit Porsche Pack Races Revealed

GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Hot Pursuit Porsche Pack Races Revealed

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Fire up Need for Speed Hot Pursuit (v1.2) on your PS3 or XBox today and check the career mode - you may see a new Porsche Pack racer location containing five new races on the map. These will of course be unlocked by purchasing the Porsche Park DLC announced yesterday and due for release on March 8, and is the third of three upcoming packs for PS3 and Xbox to be released in the next few weeks.

Here are the details of the races on offer:

Previous Conviction - Hot Pursuit / Sports Series / Day / 16.9km
'Age before Beauty' - the 1982 Porsche 911 Turbo has both and is easily the equal of the modern Sports car. The Cops and other Racers had better watch out, this classic German Sports car is fitted with a full range of equipment and has something to prove.

Fast Lane - Race / Super Series / Night / 22.8km
Choose your off-road shortcuts wisely in this race along Rockingham and Eagle Crest - the road going Porsche 959 will lose less speed on the loose stuff thanks to its clever all-wheel-drive power delivery, but there are treacherous turns to catch out the less skilled drivers.

Barnstormer - Gauntlet / Super Series / Night, Wet / 13.5km
Roof down driving is a refreshing experience - even more so if it is raining! It looks like the rain might be clearing up but the rain is nothing compared to the spray a SCPD helicopter can produce. Keep an eye on the sky as the Cops turn up the heat in this rain-soaked Gauntlet.

Sunset Racers - Race / Super Series / Day / 31.5km
Hit the road in a Porsche of your choice and race around this epic circuit through the heart of Seacrest County. Will you be first to cross the finish line as the light begins to fade?

Road to Ruin - Hot Pursuit / Super Series / Night / 20.7km
The cops have been on your tail for some time now and there is a sizable file in the SCPD's headquarters with your name on it. Now that they are out to get you once and for all and will do everything in their power to make the arrest.

Now we're not quite sure whether this possible glitch is intentional on Criterion's part, but given that this pack is actually the last of the three to drop, that extra untouchable race location on the map could become very tantalising over the next few weeks! Heck, we want it already.
[T][U][N][3][R]
Drift King
Drift King

Re: Hot Pursuit Porsche Pack Races Revealed

Post by [T][U][N][3][R] »

ftw
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

So that last event (Road to Ruin) is some kind of "final event", just like in Most Wanted, where a new part of the map is revealed/unlocked just for that pursuit, to allow the player to escape? Is that what you mean with "that extra untouchable race location on the map"? :)
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Ah no sorry that's not what I meant. I meant that the Porsche Pack race location containing these races is going to be there on the map for three weeks before the pack actually becomes available and the races inside it can be unlocked. Hence, 'untouchable' location.
[T][U][N][3][R]
Drift King
Drift King

Gah... honestly, what do you think the chances are some fans will convert the DLC's to PC? :-/
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

[T][U][N][3][R] wrote:Gah... honestly, what do you think the chances are some fans will convert the DLC's to PC? :-/
To be honest I think those chances are very slim. :(

SHIFT got its DLC converted for the PC because the engine used by SMS was relatively well known by the modding community, and since the beginning modders started creating tools to modify the game, so new cars and tracks were not a big surprise. Even now I see new cars being converted from Forza 3 to SHIFT, so porting a DLC from 360's SHIFT to PC's SHIFT was not a big deal. It was just a matter of getting the right files from the 360 and port them.

With Hot Pursuit, things are different. I can see the SCPD Rebels Pack DLC on the PC sometime, since the cars are already in the game files and there's even videos on YouTube of people playing with those cars through hacking. But the others DLCs, hmm I don't think someone will be able to port them. Especially the new game modes, which seem fairly complex.
[T][U][N][3][R]
Drift King
Drift King

Hydro_PT wrote:
[T][U][N][3][R] wrote:Gah... honestly, what do you think the chances are some fans will convert the DLC's to PC? :-/
To be honest I think those chances are very slim. :(

SHIFT got its DLC converted for the PC because the engine used by SMS was relatively well known by the modding community, and since the beginning modders started creating tools to modify the game, so new cars and tracks were not a big surprise. Even now I see new cars being converted from Forza 3 to SHIFT, so porting a DLC from 360's SHIFT to PC's SHIFT was not a big deal. It was just a matter of getting the right files from the 360 and port them.

With Hot Pursuit, things are different. I can see the SCPD Rebels Pack DLC on the PC sometime, since the cars are already in the game files and there's even videos on YouTube of people playing with those cars through hacking. But the others DLCs, hmm I don't think someone will be able to port them. Especially the new game modes, which seem fairly complex.
Yeah they couldn't do it in Burnout ether... mind giving me a link to one of dem videos? If I search for a NFSHP video I only get pirate results :P
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Here's the video of the guy doing a custom race with some of the cars from the SCPD Rebels Pack DLC and also Dr. Pepper cars. The uploader doesn't reveal what he did to access these cars, but fortunately some guys from Russia managed to create a tool that allows you to drive these cars, and also the Limited Edition cars if you don't have them yet. The tool is called "NFSHPEA Unlocker".

There are a few setbacks though: your current savegame will be corrupted after installing the hack, so you must backup it up, otherwise it will be lost forever; you must also create a new savegame to use these cars (after backing up the original); photo mode doesn't work anymore with this hack; online/multiplayer racing is not supported.

If you want to try it for yourself, all the necessary info is on this topic over at NFS Cars.net. I haven't tried it yet but some people did and said it worked. I downloaded the installer and none of my security programs warned me of anything, so I'm pretty sure it is harmless and it is really an unlocker and not something else (virus, trojan, whatever).

EDIT: I tried this hack and it does work. After skipping the intro videos I went to racer freedrive and all the cars are there, you can drive them. It's a real shame EA cannot "release" them, since they are in the game files and all is needed is an unlocker. They all work perfectly, it's not like other NFS were you have incomplete or bugged cars (like in ProStreet). These ones are "finished".

The savegame gets corrupted, as I said, so don't forget to make a backup first. I just restored my original savegame and it worked fine. I won't bother with the hack again since the cars handle the same, in my opinion, to their police counterpart. But they do look good, especially the Audi R8. Well at least I gave them a try. Maybe EA/Criterion will "release" these cars someday...
[T][U][N][3][R]
Drift King
Drift King

With my save game complete there's nothing else for me to do. As for MP I already sold my copy of NFS HP and EA account, but I still have it installed. Thx.

I'm guessing EA only wants to discriminate their PC customers not their PC employees :P

EDIT: Tried it, you've just added a few more hours to my total NFS HP playtime.

I hope they find out how to hack the traffic cars as well XD

Return to “News”