Post by SP4RCO »

the Prostreet "hypething" was the dense smoke:

Still rolling my eyes :roll:
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Re: What is EA going to mess up and/or overlook in Shift 2

Post by ElvenAvenger »

^ yeah, Most Wanted - Pursuits, Carbon - Autosculpt , Pro Street - smoke, Undercover - shiznit, Shift - in-car view, Hot Pursuit - "Back to roots"(the game aint bad, but it sure as hell aint "roots" there). That's more like Hot Pursuit + Burnout Paradise + NFS World.
Shift 2 - "real racing" ?

to be honest i just hope that Shift 2 will be good, i need a racing game badly. TDU 2 is not what i want, World failed, and i basically have no racing games to play right now.
If i had the money i would get a PS3 + GT5 and that would keep me busy.

While Shift 2 looks promising (night racing, revised vinyl system, more performance tuning and a good carlist) i just cant trust EA anymore.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

^^^^ You pretty much got that right with the NFS games. But Most Wanted was great, must admit that. I love the damn game, it's more than just pursuits. :)

Well if you need a racing game you can very well get yourself busy with a simulator like Race 07 + expansions. Lots of tracks, lots of cars, real challenging AI, online play, championships, fun races... you get everything. And races are not 3 laps long, there's even endurance - to 2 hours and more! You choose. :)
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

^for a long time i haven't played a racing game, last thing i played was Hot Pursuit which was good but just not enough.
That, and EA's way of handling DLC pissed me off.

I went back to NFS Porsche recently, and this game is apparently perfect in every aspect aside from graphics, at least compared to any other NFS i've played lately.
I got to admit as well, Most Wanted was good. But looking back at earlier titles like NFS Porsche, it was just that, good.

Anyway, to get back on topic..

Can someone enlighten me as to why EA insists on not using newer versions of some cars?

For example:
Honda S2000 - why keep using the ~10 year old model?
Dodge Challenger Concept - Seriously?

Its just strange..
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

The S2000's latest and last version isn't so interesting as the versions before that, at least the US spec. that is (and since EA always insists on using (in general the ugly) US spec.
In the case of the S2000, the last version of the US spec has a bigger displacement engine it went from 2.0 to 2.2 with that it reduced that redline, it did get a bit more torque, but lost some responsiveness, it lost a bit of it's character with it.
Sure it could have done with a facelifted model, from a bit later on.

But in general, yeah EA needs to get some updates on some things instead of re-using the same models over and over again.
On the other hand they sometimes just trow away all the nice models they had because a newer model is released and only gets into a game.
But then more game companies do that... sadly, in general there is no love for previous generations.
oshaylinux
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by oshaylinux »

Visceral & Realistic Racing

This March, get ready to push your driving skills to their ultimate nerve-wracking limits as SHIFT 2 UNLEASHED puts you behind the wheel of the only truly realistic and immersive racing game on the market.
http://www.needforspeed.com/shift2unleashed/about

1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVmS7a07mXA

2. are they saying they are going to be the "new" iRacing.com?
3. ea(excuses available) is not going to allow that. that type of audience, is too small for ea(excuses available) to make the mega millions it aims for...
4. we already know that this game is leaving out quite a few core real world elements, that are requirements for it to live up to it.

can someone please explain to me, why the makers of Shift 2 U are bragging on the fact that shift 2u has night time racing? isn't night racing and/or night/day cycle in racing games a very common feature? is night racing new to the nfs franchise? shouldn't day/night cycle have been in shift?

i welcome this feature, but it's not worth all the attention it's getting, not in this day and age of video gaming or is it?...
oshaylinux
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by oshaylinux »

All game makers who base their game(s) on the real world (sim-ish), they all fail on adding the full compliment of real world elements to their game(s). There are some elements that would be common across all the genres and some elements would specific to the respective genres.

Publishers/devs. waste time debating on their "cherry picking" the real world elements instead the should focus on the best ways to implement them.

All driving/racing games that have licensed vehicles should have all of the following features/elements:
1. dynamic weather
2. working ignition
3. windshield wipers
4. working doors, windows, trucks, and hoods
5. multiple interior and exterior views
6. fully working interior dashboard
7. full visual customization
8. full performance tuning of the vehicle
9. fuel
10. off/on working lights
11. 3d customizable avatars
12. 3D virtual functional representation of real world garages

2, 3, and 10 kinda falls under 6.
GINIX_2007
Professional
Professional

Post by GINIX_2007 »

oshaylinux wrote:All game makers who base their game(s) on the real world (sim-ish), they all fail on adding the full compliment of real world elements to their game(s). There are some elements that would be common across all the genres and some elements would specific to the respective genres.

Publishers/devs. waste time debating on their "cherry picking" the real world elements instead the should focus on the best ways to implement them.

All driving/racing games that have licensed vehicles should have all of the following features/elements:
1. dynamic weather
2. working ignition
3. windshield wipers
4. working doors, windows, trucks, and hoods
5. multiple interior and exterior views
6. fully working interior dashboard
7. full visual customization
8. full performance tuning of the vehicle
9. fuel
10. off/on working lights
11. 3d customizable avatars
12. 3D virtual functional representation of real world garages

2, 3, and 10 kinda falls under 6.
I approve this message! But EA needs to bring back a save replay option! It has been too damn long without it! And PLEASE for the love off god, LAN!

EDIT: Also PC DLC! We are people too you know. Thats part of the reason I did not buy NFS HP other than the fact that it was not a NFS game at all! Just an excuse to put license cars in a burnout game!!!

EDIT:2 And Dont just rip out fifa 2011 od 2012 Soundtrack and put it in shift 2 like you did with the first one! Bring back EA Trax need some propper racing music!
oshaylinux
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by oshaylinux »

GINIX_2007 wrote:
I approve this message! But EA needs to bring back a save replay option! It has been too damn long without it! And PLEASE for the love off god, LAN!

EDIT: Also PC DLC! We are people too you know. Thats part of the reason I did not buy NFS HP other than the fact that it was not a NFS game at all! Just an excuse to put license cars in a burnout game!!!

EDIT:2 And Dont just rip out fifa 2011 od 2012 Soundtrack and put it in shift 2 like you did with the first one! Bring back EA Trax need some propper racing music!

Everything on that list, if implemented well, will add a more true since of real world immersion into the games. If you consider carefully, the list, you would notice most of the things are, by nature, user interactive and/or controllable. Over the years many "AAA" games titles are developed with short life spans and very little replay value to them and I contribute a big part to the, lack of , user interactive/controllable features.

In this day and age of racing video games with licensed vehicles, those things on that list should be, almost as common to racing games as the vehicles themselves.
[T][U][N][3][R]
Drift King
Drift King

Post by [T][U][N][3][R] »

Gameplay.
oshaylinux
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by oshaylinux »

I'm confused about S2U. EA and SMS is proclaiming S2U to be the "Authentic and true realistic" racing game. In every interview EA and SMS guys give about S2U, they belittle true realistic racing mechanics in racing games as being, boring. So am i to assume thatS2U is going to be boring?
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

And then there are gameplay videos with a Pagani Huayra jumping on top Gumpert Apollo by scraping against its left side.

Or stopping dead for no reason while chasing a CCX.

I say that physics are going to need a patch or two, again....
oshaylinux
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by oshaylinux »

At the end of the day, EA's mandate on SMS, to develop S2U to cater to the widest audience; which is composed mostly of casual gamers. EA's mandate is going to end up making S2U, as about, as serious or less of a racing game as Trackmania United F on the world stage.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

The only thing that was wrong with points system in Shift was that drafting was aggressive. Seriously what?
oshaylinux
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by oshaylinux »

ElvenAvenger wrote:The only thing that was wrong with points system in Shift was that drafting was aggressive. Seriously what?
The point system in Shift give people a false sense of accomplishment. Unless you place; 1st, 2nd, or 3rd, whatever else you done should not count, unless it's a sponsor's goal.
GINIX_2007
Professional
Professional

Post by GINIX_2007 »

Yep the managed to screw this one up! No LAN no offline profiles! Imagine my surprise when I spot a save replay option!!! Only to find out you need to be logged in to that darn autolog feature to view them wtf!?

EDIT: If anybody wants LAN or Local profiles in shift 2 check out this post at EA.com maybe if enough of us chip in it will EA will see the need for LAN!
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/ ... e#13166453
Last edited by GINIX_2007 on 18 Apr 2011, 16:59, edited 1 time in total.
oshaylinux
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by oshaylinux »

http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/showt ... p?t=248847
http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthrea ... ost5167983

The shift 2u makers posting on nogripracing.com forums but not one word on the official s2u forums.

Disrespectful, Disloyal, and Cowardly are the actions of EA and SMS!

There are no reasons or excuses that can justify these actions.

If this is how EA and SMS shows their appreciation to the core of their financial existence, than I dread to think what they are saying about us behind closed doors.

I don't tolerate disrespect in real life and then act like we're friends and neither will I here. No one spending their money supporting a publisher/dev be treated with such contentment from that publisher/dev.

Oshaylinux is officially done with the NFS franchise, including Shift 2 Unleashed and SMS from this point onward. My support for the future of EA is in question.

Fairwell.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Seeya!
T0MMY
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by T0MMY »

i dont get oshaylinux point staying in the forum going rage against NFS series, if you dont like it just move on with your life and have you really tested the game yet or just by watching some videos and reading ppls comment?

what i think EA really mess up is the vinyls system, it may have mirror system but it is like hell to make something nice. mostly all vinyls cant be re-coloured, decals cant be re-coloured like in Pro Street and mostly all decals are in black. Other than that i think is fine so far.
*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*

Return to “SHIFT 2 Unleashed”