I'll get only through a drop bottom discount
9%

Total votes: 22

oshaylinux
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Shift 2 Unleashed! Who's buying it or Not buying it? Why/Why

Post by oshaylinux »

I'll get it only through a drop bottom discount or just wait for the price to drop low. It's not so much that I'm a cheap gamer, I just feel like EA is not giving us a game representative of a 17yr old franchise.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: Shift 2 Unleashed! Who's buying it or Not buying it? Why

Post by Hydro_PT »

I'm going to try it out first (you all know how I'm gonna do that, right?). If I enjoy the game and if I think it is worth the money, I will certainly buy it. It was the same with SHIFT 1 and Hot Pursuit. I played them, enjoyed them and bought them. :)

I always do this before buying a game. Today's demos do not show how good or bad a game is, so I must try the full game before deciding.
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

Must admit that I've been so disappointed with EA's recent offerings, I'll probably not buy this. Unless it gets stonking good reviews, then I might think again.
oshaylinux
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by oshaylinux »

S2U makers are leaving out to many of the real world elements that people associate with real, for a game like this one. Without near perfect game quality; Shift 2 Unleashed is going to seem, lacking, unfinished, and full of potential - unfulfilled another NFS game.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

not soon. shift 2 looks good but there ar other games that i want more, crysis 2, Mortal Kombat, and motorstorm apocalypse
Instagram @SupraHKS
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Getting it because of engine swaps(I know about Forza, but im not buying a console for that), quite big for a NFS game carlist <its still using the "N" symbol...so yeah> and because it supposedly fixes a lot of Shift (1)'s flaws. Limited garage space, damage modelling (i had it on full in Shift but really, i'd probably have to get a head on crash on Nordschleife going above 300 km/h to get my car even dented slightly more) better AI and more tracks.

Night racing, sure ill try that but im not going to hurry. First i need to buy some cars. Then again, i have this feeling that i have to do a mass 69' Charger race at night for some reason.
Tviper7
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Tviper7 »

ElvenAvenger wrote:Getting it because of engine swaps(I know about Forza, but im not buying a console for that), quite big for a NFS game carlist <its still using the "N" symbol...so yeah> and because it supposedly fixes a lot of Shift (1)'s flaws. Limited garage space, damage modelling (i had it on full in Shift but really, i'd probably have to get a head on crash on Nordschleife going above 300 km/h to get my car even dented slightly more) better AI and more tracks.

Night racing, sure ill try that but im not going to hurry. First i need to buy some cars. Then again, i have this feeling that i have to do a mass 69' Charger race at night for some reason.
I'am seriously on the fence about it, all the tracks look great but they appeared great on first shift the variety was excellent bar none but the fact that they keep reusing the viper srt-10 roadster instead of the SRT-10 coupe and dodge challenger concept in stead of production model kills alot of my enthusiasm for game. I love the improved physics model Fully Customizable Controller Layouts/Mapping and the night/day transitions, sense of speed and like, I feel odd pointing this out but although the motor swaps are welcomed introduction to nfs shift, I feel they will in no way rival the over all satisfaction you get from forza3's motor/drive-train swaps its something that truly shouldn't be missed, if you can get access to 360 by any means possible and a copy of forza 3 or the ultimate collection its truly sensational when done properly it dramatically enhances the performance and unique dynamics of the car. I fully understand most pc user are kinda snobs and wasting money on a console with inferior performance and the added cost is beneath them but I'll step out on a limb say forza3 is worth playing for this reason alone.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Tviper7 wrote:
ElvenAvenger wrote:Getting it because of engine swaps(I know about Forza, but im not buying a console for that), quite big for a NFS game carlist <its still using the "N" symbol...so yeah> and because it supposedly fixes a lot of Shift (1)'s flaws. Limited garage space, damage modelling (i had it on full in Shift but really, i'd probably have to get a head on crash on Nordschleife going above 300 km/h to get my car even dented slightly more) better AI and more tracks.

I'am seriously on the fence about it, all the tracks look great but they appeared great on first shift the variety was excellent bar none but the fact that they keep reusing the viper srt-10 roadster instead of the SRT-10 coupe and dodge challenger concept in stead of production model kills alot of my enthusiasm for game. I love the improved physics model Fully Customizable Controller Layouts/Mapping and the night/day transitions, sense of speed and like, I feel odd pointing this out but although the motor swaps are welcomed introduction to nfs shift, I feel they will in no way rival the over all satisfaction you get from forza3's motor/drive-train swaps its something that truly shouldn't be missed, if you can get access to 360 by any means possible and a copy of forza 3 or the ultimate collection its truly sensational when done properly it dramatically enhances the performance and unique dynamics of the car. I fully understand most pc user are kinda snobs and wasting money on a console with inferior performance and the added cost is beneath them but I'll step out on a limb say forza3 is worth playing for this reason alone.
I dont want to buy an Xbox because you have to pay if you want to try out the multiplayer. And because games are slightly more expensive. Inferior performance or not, i just refuse to pay subscriptions for anything.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

You don't have to pay to try it out, most games have a trial system to try out the games multiplayer.

But I understand where you are coming from, but I personally glad to pay a bit extra just to get a solid online system with easy and fast downloads, and fast online play.

And it's not that expensive a month, but he it's all personal.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Its not expensive, but i just dont want to pay a subscription really..the same reason why i never played pay 2 play MMO's.

On topic: Im also getting Shift 2 due to it allowing me to race with cars that arent used that way anymore, or just are too rare to do that (Over 10 Veyrons at once in a race track? In a serious race? Not going to happen i think. One bump and you are going to pay a lot. Same with 69 Charger R/T, i dont think its worth risking it in real life.)
But in Shift 2 you can take those cars to a track, put vinyls on them, crash them around and get away with it. And tinker around in the garage, upgrade them etc without worrying about your family's well being :lol:
oshaylinux
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by oshaylinux »

Console computer gaming is to limiting/restrictive(controlling). You can only do what the makers of the console allow you to do, legally. The gaming experience on console computer gaming is far more expensive than reason, IMO. A console exclusive game made by that console computer system's maker cost just as much as a multi platform game. I cant see the justification of that cost. As for as console exclusive games go, it's bad marketing to me. Not everyone who games is going to buy multiple gaming platforms, so that's limiting the amount of sales the game will make.

Back on topic:

EA is striping the multiplayer out of it's games, as well as many other gaming publishers/devs, with the exception of internet play.
RBA
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by RBA »

Not buying it because of how the EA is treating us nowdays. Pay for the game, pay for download content, pay for play online. Pay, pay, pay, pay... That's the only thing they care about, the money they can get from us. Oh yeah, for people that tell us that they have to work to make DL content, and all, and that it needs money, get in the game: Those addons are created as part of the main game, they just take 'em out and wait a while then tell us they worked on something great, and TADA! Download content. Things keep up like this, the gaming industry's gonna revive the crash it had in the beginning of the '80s.

Rather play my old games, and if possible, mod them.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

Most likely be getting it once its dropped to bargain bin price, if at all. It's not that it looks like a bad game, but nothing really excites me too much about it, and I can't say I've enjoyed much of the recent NFS games enough to warrant a high price tag. Would be great to play with my G27 though..
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

hmmmmm just got injured so im probably gunna get it soon
Instagram @SupraHKS
H3ll$pawn
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by H3ll$pawn »

Bought and already regret it, I can' t get my LE content 'cause i can't sign in to friggin' autolog garbage..
jdmspec55
Stock
Stock

Post by jdmspec55 »

I personally love the game. You do have to customize the settings on the car once you get it to b class or so to get it to handle okay. I think this is what is turning most people away from this game though. They expect no tuning and want to fly around the track outta the box. I personally like taking the time to learn the car and tweak it til it is right. So dont listen to these people saying driving is not good. It is just that they need to tune their cars or that they are just so totally tied into the 'arcade' genre.
[T][U][N][3][R]
Drift King
Drift King

Post by [T][U][N][3][R] »

I'm not, why? Cause it sucks. It's that simple. Better yet, it's an EA game.
GINIX_2007
Professional
Professional

Post by GINIX_2007 »

Well I wont be getting it since there is no LAN play on PC. Not everybody like autolog EA and the entire game is bult around the darn thing! I mean you cant even view replays unless you are online! There are no offline profiles either some on EA!

EDIT: If anybody wants to LAN or Local profiles in shift 2 check out this post at EA.com maybe if enough of us chip in it will EA will see the need for LAN!
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/ ... e#13166453
oshaylinux
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by oshaylinux »

GINIX_2007 wrote: EDIT: If anybody wants to LAN or Local profiles in shift 2 check out this post at EA.com maybe if enough of us chip in it will EA will see the need for LAN!

That's what happens when people let things "slide". If gamers as a whole would stood up and rebelled when the publishers/devs dropped split screen and other multiplayer features, we would have many multiplayer options and not just one now. when those of us did speak out, other gamers spoke out against us. people just dont realize, most businesses are always looking for ways to give you less and charge you more. by the time most gamers realize this, its gong to be to late to stop the momentum the the video gaming companies have.

Let me let you all in on something else that's going on in the software industry. Software publishers/dev. are on a mission to completely take our software out of our hands. They are not longer going to sell us programs that we download and box versions, they are slowly moving us to a service based pay system. Everything is going to be all internet based, if the commercial businesses have their way. These companies are going to have people pay for access to programs without accusally selling you the program. All this talk about Cloud is how they are going to do it. onlive.com and hulu are prime examples. Video gaming companies charging for internet access on used games, anyone. I dont know why on earth are people not outraged about that. Next thing they are going to do is charge everybody extra to play on the web. These companies are going to say it's for our own good, it stops piracy and cheaters and used games sales. The usual "escape goats."

Gone are going to be the days when PC gamers could download a game and mod it. Gone are going to be the days of all boxed versions, including console games.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

How lucky we all are to have you around to explain all of this, oshaylinux. Thank you!
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Didn't know there where things as escape goats, are they trained at escaping or is it just in their blood?

Look I'm not a big fan of the recent NFS games EA pushed out, or some decisions they make, EA is always way to confident that their new ideas are the best thing since sliced bread, when often it it's nothing really interesting or new.

But they are a company that has as purpose to make money with their products.
And I doubt they did not look into things like Lan etc. but I have the feeling that the amount of LAN players is nothing compared to what it was years ago, and thus it's logical not to add things like it if hardly anyone uses it.

Like said they are a profit based company and I really doubt that they would be so stupid to ignore options if they given the company enough revenue.

Look I'm not a big fan of the whole online system and autolog that EA talks so glorious about, I don't like the fact that the playability of the game without internet connection is severely compromised.
I do understand why EA is going with the autolog system, because for some reason people these days clearly want to share anything and everything with others, just look at all the social media, so why not share the your whole game progress etc.
But they should have kept several options open for offline play, and not run every single part over the net.
oshaylinux
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by oshaylinux »

TheStig wrote:
Like said they are a profit based company and I really doubt that they would be so stupid to ignore options if they given the company enough revenue.

Look I'm not a big fan of the whole online system and autolog that EA talks so glorious about, I don't like the fact that the playability of the game without internet connection is severely compromised.
I do understand why EA is going with the autolog system, because for some reason people these days clearly want to share anything and everything with others, just look at all the social media, so why not share the your whole game progress etc.
But they should have kept several options open for offline play, and not run every single part over the net.
Planned Obsolescence
What Does It Mean?
What Does Planned Obsolescence Mean?
A manufacturing decision by a company to make consumer products in such a way that they become out-of-date or useless within a known time period. The main goal of this type of production is to ensure that consumers will have to buy the product multiple times, rather than only once. This naturally stimulates demand for an industry's products because consumers have to keep coming back again and again.

Products ranging from inexpensive light bulbs to high-priced goods such as cars and buildings are subject to planned obsolescence by manufacturers and producers.

Also known as "built-in obsolescence".
http://www.investopedia.com/terms/p/pla ... scence.asp

Even knowing the truth behind why EA and others pull this nonsense, does it even matter to this generation of gamers? It just seems like the majority of gamers today are just interested in good looking graphics and quick and easy games.
GINIX_2007
Professional
Professional

Post by GINIX_2007 »

oshaylinux wrote:
GINIX_2007 wrote: EDIT: If anybody wants to LAN or Local profiles in shift 2 check out this post at EA.com maybe if enough of us chip in it will EA will see the need for LAN!

That's what happens when people let things "slide". If gamers as a whole would stood up and rebelled when the publishers/devs dropped split screen and other multiplayer features, we would have many multiplayer options and not just one now. when those of us did speak out, other gamers spoke out against us. people just dont realize, most businesses are always looking for ways to give you less and charge you more. by the time most gamers realize this, its gong to be to late to stop the momentum the the video gaming companies have.

Let me let you all in on something else that's going on in the software industry. Software publishers/dev. are on a mission to completely take our software out of our hands. They are not longer going to sell us programs that we download and box versions, they are slowly moving us to a service based pay system. Everything is going to be all internet based, if the commercial businesses have their way. These companies are going to have people pay for access to programs without accusally selling you the program. All this talk about Cloud is how they are going to do it. onlive.com and hulu are prime examples. Video gaming companies charging for internet access on used games, anyone. I dont know why on earth are people not outraged about that. Next thing they are going to do is charge everybody extra to play on the web. These companies are going to say it's for our own good, it stops piracy and cheaters and used games sales. The usual "escape goats."

Gone are going to be the days when PC gamers could download a game and mod it. Gone are going to be the days of all boxed versions, including console games.
Say loud say Proud ma brother! Games today are shells of what the once were!

Return to “SHIFT 2 Unleashed”