Violent car crashing

2011 SHIFT 2 Unleashed
Scuba
Stock
Stock

Violent car crashing

Post by Scuba »

I can run most games on full spec on my system. This game feels and looks great btw.
However have one very perculiar issue.
I could be driving on a back straight or through a hairpin. Out of nowhere the car would just spin violently and have an horrific crash, completely trashing the car. With one incident I was on one of the straights of Monza clocking at over 200km's per hour when it seemed I just hit an invisible wall. Whole wheels got ripped off, door panels. The works. A wheel bounces off a barricade and hits my car which is at this point about 20 ft in the air flipping like crazy. Upon impact the car accelerates upward at ludicrous speed to an altitude of I don't know, 150ft or more. This is out of the realm of normal earth bound physics. What is this, a physx glitch or more in game glitch?
Has anyone else got this issue and a workaround?
Of course I have tried the redist. physx and drivers as well as applying the latest drivers.
All other games I play work just fine. COD Black Ops, F12010, etc.
Anyone?
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Re: Violent car crashing

Post by zedex »

they just bumped up the "damage" in this game tenfold...
so a slight bump from other cars will send you flying, and when you hit a railguard... well... good luck getting back... no more wallgrinding

nothing wrong with physics engine...

it is a bit extreme... but compare it to butter damage of GT5 and the like... it's not so bad is it? it's a LOT more exciting and makes you pumped up trying not to hit or be hit... *Modern A Invitational was so hard because of that...*
Scuba
Stock
Stock

Post by Scuba »

I hear you on bumping up the "damage" zedex.
It's just crazy if you're driving down a straight, no one else around going dead straight and then all of a sudden...BOOM! you go flying hundreds of feet in the air. everything else in this game is awesome and believe me i play all of the racing sims I can!!! This just comes across as some kind of physx glitch and was wondering if there is a workaround.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

This would happen in Shift on a couple of tracks where there are bumps or (kinda) potholes on the road surface. London was one such track, Willow Springs was another. Maybe it was a glitch, maybe it was intended, but at least it was avoidable. Try to avoid that side of the road and see if it still happens.
Scuba
Stock
Stock

Post by Scuba »

Glad you guys get what I'm saying. But seriously. Invisible potholes? Crazy messed up.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Thats why i gave up on Modern A invitational.

I was overtaking a Zonda F, touched a wall and my car just shot forward at over 350 km/h (i guess, we were doing both 300 km/h and i flew ahead of the Zonda F easily). End result was i rolled over several times and landed in a sand trap. 5 seconds later Zonda F caught up to my wreck and went past me.

Most of time the game is great but those bugs...it just seems like they never did any serious testing.
H3ll$pawn
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by H3ll$pawn »

Been having this too, quick race on monza club in a M3 E92 vs Merc SL65, at end of the long straight leading to the final corner, the cpu tried to pass me, so i nugged him a little.Next thing I knew, we were both flying like crazy.He ended up with no parts missing but din't raced on.I myslef lost about very part and could drive further, we're the sense in that?
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

GT3x24x7 wrote:This would happen in Shift on a couple of tracks where there are bumps or (kinda) potholes on the road surface. London was one such track, Willow Springs was another. Maybe it was a glitch, maybe it was intended, but at least it was avoidable. Try to avoid that side of the road and see if it still happens.
This.

Most of the mistakes that I make, are because I don't actually pay attention to the apex and think that the curve is in perfect shape, when it is not lol.
LITE992
Ricer
Ricer

Post by LITE992 »

This has never happened to me, but I've witnessed it happen to an AI. It was at the beginning of the Spa Endurance race, accelerating down the starting straight towards the first left-hander of Eau Rouge (the first corner). Suddenly the AI a few cars ahead of me begins spinning and flipping. From my perspective it appeared that the AI was in a collsion with another, but the replay showed that there was no collision as 3 of his wheels randomly lifted off the road.
honke
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by honke »

lol again a bug haha. and i have seen replay's wen turning in to the corners the hands don't move. lol
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

honke wrote:lol again a bug haha. and i have seen replay's wen turning in to the corners the hands don't move. lol
I had this happen during actual driving several times already. A bit weird looking :P

Return to “SHIFT 2 Unleashed”