Autlog Status

2011 SHIFT 2 Unleashed
Mythurin
Stock
Stock

Autlog Status

Post by Mythurin »

Hello all, first time posting here. I have been play NFS since SHIFT. Excellent game all around. I do like Gran Tourismo also but since SHIFTs inception in 2009 I have been hooked. Come find me in the PS3 servers...

/rant

Why can't we play the game without Autolog? How do we know when the servers are up? In SHIFT we could play against the puter without the need for Internet or connection to a server. SHIFT2 we need Autolog. Why?

We need a way to see the server status before logging in. Its a BIG let down when you get in and can't do anything. When there is no Autolog connection I can't move anywhere in the game. No Career, no Car Lot. Nothing.

Why during dusk or morning driving is the dash not illuminated? Very poor QA on this regard. It adds to the realism if we can see the dash needles swinging. Most if not all are dark. Most of the newer cars nowadays would have light/dark sensitive adaptive lighting so they should be on. Or least make it a Player option.

Why are we currently limited to Level 20? Its more of a curiosity issue here. How come it was not mentioned anywhere in the game or brochures that level 20 was so far the limit.

And lastly where are the Leaderboards at? Here on NFSUnlimited I used to like perusing them for my own edification. Are we bringing that back?

/endrant

-J 8)
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: Autlog Status

Post by YaelDjiel »

Welcome to the forums :)

Unsure how this is on the PS3, but I noticed quite a bunch of illuminated dashes on the PC version o.O
Usually driving in bumper cam though, can't say for sure :)
As for leaderboards, maybe Bojan is not interested in doing them, since you can view all Autolog stuff on the EA site.
He hasn't mentioned anything about this (though this doesn't say something per se :P).
honke
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by honke »

shift2u only got autolog. not a speed api.
so bojan and we all want a speed api for a leaderboard here on nfsunlimited,
if ea dont setup a speed api for shift2u there wil be no leaderboard on nfsunlimited..
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

I'm actually looking into the autolog api and from what I've seen so far, making leaderboards is possible. Just need a bit more info from ea if there's actually an easier way. But in either case, I should have something ready in a week or two.
honke
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by honke »

real nice bojan! iam looking forward to that. ceep up the good work mate..
Mythurin
Stock
Stock

Post by Mythurin »

Nice Bojan, looking forward to it. I'm sure there are subtle differences in the PC vs console world. I just can't see having the game at my PC, so much more enjoyable on a 52" HDTV with the stereo cranked...

-J 8)
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

Well after getting an Xbox 360 controller I can finally play this game. Drift is still a bit of an unknown quantity, but other than that it's pretty good.

Hope to challenge the boards if they come up :)

Return to “SHIFT 2 Unleashed”