Best line vanishing

2011 SHIFT 2 Unleashed
LITE992
Ricer
Ricer

Best line vanishing

Post by LITE992 »

On long races (usually those with >7 or so laps, or even a single lap of Nordschliefe) the best line has a habit of vanishing and reappearing. This becomes more frequent, until it goes away completely. It happened around lap 12 or the Spa Endurance race. I've gone into Options, unenabled and reenabled the Best Line, but this doesn't solve the problem. Help?
honke
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: Best line vanishing

Post by honke »

its a bug in game. everybody got this problem.
wen driving long race's like endurance racing it happends to my all the time..
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

yep... it's not that it disappears that annoy me...
it's that it FLICKERS!

I can... sort of not rely on it after a few laps of learning the brake points and general line (can also follow the tire marks for most lines, where they're a bit darker or worn out on the track) but when it starts reappearing, my self reflex is to go after it... and it disappears... and I lose my pacing .......
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Sounds like you're better off just turning it off altogether.
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

GT3x24x7 wrote:Sounds like you're better off just turning it off altogether.
I would, after I learn the track...

but a lot of tracks, I still haven't mastered all corners or stuck to all lines yet, so I need it on to get those
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Thats why im trying to learn Nurburgring for example. Its confusing sometimes, especially at night when you are going 200 km/h and trying to get through all those fast corners only to smash the wall headon because the third corner was a sharp one.
Hizack
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Hizack »

A trivial note to this bug: It only happens when you have restarted the race.
LITE992
Ricer
Ricer

Post by LITE992 »

Hizack wrote:A trivial note to this bug: It only happens when you have restarted the race.
Very interesting; I usually restart on endurance races because of crappy starts.
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

LITE992 wrote:
Hizack wrote:A trivial note to this bug: It only happens when you have restarted the race.
Very interesting; I usually restart on endurance races because of crappy starts.
especially that czech one... the first corner... HUGE pileup >.>
rcgldr
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by rcgldr »

On the PC version, it seems to go away on the endurance events even if you don't restart. It also goes away if you complete a race or time attack and then re-run that event again.
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

Sounds like a memory issue. How much RAM are ya running? Or it could be the result of a memory leak, then it wouldn't matter how much you are running :D
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

I suppose if so many people report that issue (me included), then its more likely a memory leak.

Hopefully next patch fixes it, until i learn every track i will need it.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

You shouldn't use the raceline to help you learn a track. You must learn it naturally, by taking different trajectories through the turns and finding new braking/acceleration points until you are comfortable enough in that track with that car. SHIFT's best line might not be the "true best line", because sometimes different ways of driving require different racing lines, not to mention that each car handles differently.

The line is only useful if you really don't know how to take a corner or want to complete all corners. :)
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

Actually the best line indicator is terrible for most of Nordschleife and a lot of other tracks. What's worse is that to get the best line completion you have to follow the damn thing.

Turning it off and learning the cars limits through the corners and using basic rules of racing lines and you'll be good.
LehmannDaHero
Stock
Stock

Post by LehmannDaHero »

I also find that this happens when im doing long drift events like 3 laps in london. Line just disappears occasionally and i just go into corners blind. Might have helped me with memorizing the line but I still miss the entry speed occasionally sometimes.
wobblycaptain
Ricer
Ricer

Post by wobblycaptain »

This looks like some sort of bug in the game and maybe a patch will be out in the near future to sovle this issue,in truth i only use this line to help me remeber breaking zones,as mentioned before its not always the fastest line around the track although that i think depends on your driving stlye and following this line wont suit all driving stlyes.But its a pain if it disappears when trying to gain the own the track badges,or drifting when this line can really help...so come on sort it out if the powers that be are listening..

Return to “SHIFT 2 Unleashed”