SHIFT2 Unleashed Coming Spring 2011

Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

SHIFT2 Unleashed Coming Spring 2011

Post by Bojan »

http://www.youtube.com/v/3Cy8oWzmcm0&re ... &version=3[/embed]

The official press release:
EA's Engine Roar with Shift 2 Unleashed Critically Acclaimed Simulation Series Returns, Now Even Faster and More Connected REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE) - The race to #1 heats up! Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:ERTS) today announced SHIFT 2 UNLEASHED, the next entry in the blockbuster Need for Speed simulation series. The original SHIFT game was released in September 2009 and has sold through close to five million copies globally. Its success was propelled by the revolutionary true driver's experience - a game design that was heralded by critics as more visceral, more physical and more intense than any other title in the sim category. Capturing the physicality and brutality of racing at 200mph has been the leading area of innovation by the award-winning development team at Slightly Mad Studios. SHIFT 2 UNLEASHED builds on the true drivers experience by introducing the driver's battle, an even more authentic and primal feeling of power and speed which elevates the fundamental competitive race into a struggle for supremacy against other drivers and even the track itself. In SHIFT 2 UNLEASHED, players' hands sweat and ache as they clutch onto the controller, their pulse races from the break-neck speeds experienced through the first-person cockpit view. Launching in Spring 2011, SHIFT 2 UNLEASHED pushes the envelope with the most authentic and intense racing experience in the genre. The world debut trailer of SHIFT 2 UNLEASHED was revealed today as bonus content for the action racing Need for Speed title, Need for Speed Hot Pursuit.

"SHIFT 2 UNLEASHED is redefining immersive racing by blending the rush of tearing up the track at unbelievable speeds with the emotional experience of competitive battle," said Marcus Nilsson, Executive Producer, SHIFT 2 UNLEASHED. "We are also working closely with real-world performance drivers to ensure that SHIFT 2 UNLEASHED captures their experience and becomes the benchmark in authentic racing action."

SHIFT 2 UNLEASHED features an all-new rendering engine with a massive graphics overhaul that puts the player in the heart of the racing action. With an innovative helmet camera view simulating the physical experience of driving at 200mph, the thrilling experience of night racing and authentic degradation of tracks and cars, this is tomorrow's sim for today's adrenaline fueled racer. SHIFT 2 UNLEASHED also incorporates the next generation of Need for Speed Autolog - the groundbreaking network that connects friends for epic head-to-head races and compares player stats for the ultimate social racing competition

Developed by the award-winning Slightly Mad Studios, SHIFT 2 UNLEASHED will be available on the Xbox 360 videogame and entertainment system, PlayStation3 computer entertainment system and PC. For more information on Need for Speed, visit http://www.needforspeed.com or become a fan on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/needforspeed and follow us on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/needforspeed.
Strafer
Drift King
Drift King

Re: SHIFT2 Unleashed Coming Spring 2011

Post by Strafer »

Very nice. =D>
reputated
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by reputated »

i was waiting for underground 3 but whatever.... nice job ea
Some pursue happpiness; others create it
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

wait wait wait...

SPRING 2011?!?
THAT SOON!?

I hope they don't rush it out so fast... I'd rather they delay it till Oct-Nov again than to have a glitchy unfinished game...

but still... Night Racing was missing in Shift, and I'm happy they incorporated into S2...

I'm excited...

wow 2010 and 2011 are AMAZING years for the racing genre...

Hot Pursuit, GT5, TDU2, Shift 2... WOW
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

How text describes the game:

One word: Perfect.

How it will be:

We don't know.

But honestly, night racing would be nice. It would be amazing if you could drive cars like RX-7, or maybe a Porsche 928....and watch the lights pop up at night. Or just use the amazing cockpit view and enjoy night driving!

Lets hope it wont have such a buggy start on PC though....
For me, it was fine. But for people with ATI cards, or sometimes with exactly the same specs as i have it was unplayable, laggy, or wouldnt even start.

And that DLC support will be better for PC this time around.
BluePhirePB
Drift King
Drift King

Post by BluePhirePB »

Haha HP just got released today! I'll be passing on Shift 2. I found Shift kinda boring after a while and sold it shortly afterward. Great game though. Just not my cup of tea.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

aww you beat me to posting the video. were getting 2 nfs games in 2011. Shift 2 and one from black box
Instagram @SupraHKS
honke
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by honke »

this looks nice. iam going to play this game.
[T][U][N][3][R]
Drift King
Drift King

Post by [T][U][N][3][R] »

Another boring simulator? -.- Underground 3 maybe?
BluePhirePB
Drift King
Drift King

Post by BluePhirePB »

Zotic+ wrote:aww you beat me to posting the video. were getting 2 nfs games in 2011. Shift 2 and one from black box
Really?! So Black Box's will be more arcade based presumably? *crosses fingers for Underground 3
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

reputated wrote:i was waiting for underground 3 but whatever.... nice job ea
Black Box is working on a game for 2011 too, so Underground 3 could be the one. :D

Anyway, SHIFT 2 Unleashed seems very similar to SHIFT. I hope they improve the physics and the simulation part of the game, compared to real simulators like GTR, SHIFT was not particularly good, although I liked the handling of the cars. But it wasn't simulation.

Night racing is nice, I hope they include a weather system too, maybe like in Codemaster's F1 2010. As for the rest, better and real visual tuning PLEASE, or no visual tuning at all. More detail when it comes to performance upgrades and tuning, better physics for the crashes, better IA, more tracks, more cars... well, everything that SHIFT was, but better. :D
reputated
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by reputated »

Black Box is working on a game for 2011 too, so Underground 3 could be the one.
if that happens brother, i am throwing a party to the whole nfsunlimited.net!!!!!
Some pursue happpiness; others create it
elie8
Drift King
Drift King

Post by elie8 »

Great Trailer !! =P~ =D>
What Comes Around, Goes Around ...
DMNBT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by DMNBT »

I hope that SHIFT2 goes full simulation now that it doesn't have to cater to the arcade crowd (who cat get Hot Pursuit or Black Box's 2011 NFS).
LancerEvoFan0504
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by LancerEvoFan0504 »

So NFS is trying to compete with Gran Turismo and Forza motorsports Good luck with that.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

LancerEvoFan0504 wrote:So NFS is trying to compete with Gran Turismo and Forza motorsports Good luck with that.
well ive seen some revies saying that shift is better than forza 3. Ive never played forza 3 so i cant say anything about that, but theyll never even come close to GT5, they wont even get close t GT1 hahaaha
Instagram @SupraHKS
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

One thing that automatically disqualifies Shift vs any GT game or Forza is carlist.
Its just tiny compared to what they have.
Racemaniac
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racemaniac »

Autolog could make or break the multiplayer depending on how its used, but that's Criterion's tech right?
ElvenAvenger wrote:One thing that automatically disqualifies Shift vs any GT game or Forza is carlist.
Its just tiny compared to what they have.
Unless it's the rumoured car list in which case it will
still be small compared to GT5's 1031 cars but will still be a huge car list for a NFS game. However, the rumoured car list may be incorrect as it does mention the GT3 cars but the GT1 cars and the RTR-X are not present.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Zotic+ wrote:
LancerEvoFan0504 wrote:So NFS is trying to compete with Gran Turismo and Forza motorsports Good luck with that.
well ive seen some revies saying that shift is better than forza 3. Ive never played forza 3 so i cant say anything about that, but theyll never even come close to GT5, they wont even get close t GT1 hahaaha
*Stifles laugh*

Shift couldn't hold a candle to Forza 3 either to save its life. The cockpit view was really something special in Shift but it looks just as good in Forza 3 and Forza 3 does absolutely everything else BETTER. Plain and simple.

Return to “News”