New SHIFT 2 Screenshots And Previews

Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

New SHIFT 2 Screenshots And Previews

Post by Bojan »

We have several new screenshots of SHIFT 2 Unleashed available in our screenshots section. Also check out the interview with lead designer Andy Tutor at Eurogamer and the preview at IGN.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Re: New SHIFT 2 Screenshots And Previews

Post by ElvenAvenger »

It looks like GRID on some screenshots..might be just me though.
CarbonXRS
Ricer
Ricer

Post by CarbonXRS »

OMG GRID is my favorite game!!!! (other than hot pursuit....)
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Nitrodemon McLaren »

ElvenAvenger wrote:It looks like GRID on some screenshots..might be just me though.
I'm pretty sure so did the original SHIFT. In fact, there was initial skepticism that it'd be a GRID clone.
[T][U][N][3][R]
Drift King
Drift King

Post by [T][U][N][3][R] »

ElvenAvenger wrote:It looks like GRID on some screenshots..might be just me though.
Yeah it does. One thing good about Shift was them graphics, now it looks just like the average simulator crap.
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

Great to see Mount Panarama in the game. :D
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

I'm not interested at all with this game, and also I feel it's like a disrespect to Criterion, game is just weeks released and now Shift 2 massive campaign? just wtf? it's like: "hey NFS Hot Pursuit is over....get into Shift 2" you know :S

NOT INTERESTED [-X
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Nitrodemon McLaren »

xturbo wrote:I'm not interested at all with this game, and also I feel it's like a disrespect to Criterion, game is just weeks released and now Shift 2 massive campaign? just wtf? it's like: "hey NFS Hot Pursuit is over....get into Shift 2" you know :S

NOT INTERESTED [-X
My thoughts exactly.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

I like how this SHIFT 2 is turning out. I just hope it is a real simulator this time, enough of the arcade/simulation mix. It doesn't work well.

Also, for those who think SHIFT was a simulator, you are very wrong. SHIFT was arcade. GTR, rFactor, iRacing are simulators. SHIFT is not. :)

Oh and btw, it is absolutely normal that EA is marketing SHIFT 2 right after the release of Hot Pursuit. They are a company, they need to expose their products. They can't sit around making trailers for Hot Pursuit, which is already out, while they have another game in the works that needs to be well marketed to succeed. It is not like people won't buy Hot Pursuit because SHIFT 2 is starting to get some info and screens.

It is now in Criterion's hands to keep Hot Pursuit "alive". They are fixing the game with constant patches (nicely done) and if they release some good DLC (free), the game won't need much more marketing.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Hydro_PT wrote:I like how this SHIFT 2 is turning out. I just hope it is a real simulator this time, enough of the arcade/simulation mix. It doesn't work well.

Also, for those who think SHIFT was a simulator, you are very wrong. SHIFT was arcade. GTR, rFactor, iRacing are simulators. SHIFT is not. :)

Oh and btw, it is absolutely normal that EA is marketing SHIFT 2 right after the release of Hot Pursuit. They are a company, they need to expose their products. They can't sit around making trailers for Hot Pursuit, which is already out, while they have another game in the works that needs to be well marketed to succeed. It is not like people won't buy Hot Pursuit because SHIFT 2 is starting to get some info and screens.

It is now in Criterion's hands to keep Hot Pursuit "alive". They are fixing the game with constant patches (nicely done) and if they release some good DLC (free), the game won't need much more marketing.
I just love how when they fix something in game, they don't add new bugs, and there arent some "just to get it done quickly" fixes.

Like, if you remember, first(and only) patch to Pro Street on PC. Ruined the framerate for me because it got locked at 30 fps.

Maybe my eyes are not normal but i do notice the difference between, say, 45 FPS and 70 FPS.

Or 30 and 60 in case of Pro Street.

If everything goes well, and EA won't restrict Criterion too much, PC will get DLC and then it will be perfect for me.
michael-czerw
Stock
Stock

Post by michael-czerw »

for me it's very good. i like the shift and the introduction of Shift 2 make me very happy. i got the hot purusit for a week and i return it to the shop. it did not have the chalenge in it. the cometition in shift it's on another level. 2 people can have same car, but bouth of them gonnna work defrent ways it's depend on the tunning. and this is very amazing. i order already the shift 2 for my self, and till march i'm gonna enjoy the first shift

Return to “News”